Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, for once I'm rooting for the usurpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    lol

another question:
    is the U.K. still worried about Turquie becoming an EU member anytime soon?
    Well not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    It is far from that simple. It isn't all that democratic to sit by and see a democratically elected leader starting to dismantle the democracy more or less wholesale, and turn into a de facto dictator. One could easily argue that democratically inclined individuals ought to celebrate a coup in this instance.
    The tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

I may be wrong about Europe after all. If people's are willing to overthrow their own government in order to say no to Islamic law, then perhaps there's a chance, just a chance, that Europe may survive the Islamic Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if it's the more islamist part of the military, i'm sure merkel would do everything in her power to get their EU membership fast tracked. so progressive!

i hope everything goes ok, don't need more bullshit out of that area of the world.
    They said they're re-establishing secular rule. Doesn't sound Islamic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    NATO intervening a coup by Turkish Army?
    Will never happen. NATO moves too slowly, plus the US won't want to alienate whoever wins.

We'll declare it an internal matter, sit patiently in the corner and let them fight it out. Then we'll bribe the winner to like us on the other end with a new defense deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    wwhat exactly is a kemalists ???
    Kemal Ataturk, the secular father of Turkey after the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

anyway seem that martial law has been declared
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Regardless, if you support democracy you wouldn't be supporting this coup unless you're a hypocrite.
    So if you support democracy you shouldnt support the guys working to make sure democracy is in place eh what ? If a nation is founded with certain principles they have all the right to make sure they are upheld.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    As is Cyprus.
    Good job on learning geography.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Erdogan doing a live interview via his iPhone
    link? please
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

The fact that to this date some people think military coup is more effective "in the long run" makes me loose faith in humanity. Whith ISIS, PKK and all terrorist groups in syria This is going to rip turkey apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means they stand for the teachings of Ataturk and are pro nationalist and pro secularism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Erdogan's potato-phone interview means he is screwed.
    "And now live from his basements toilet, Erdogan"

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Best to ignore the craziest of posts, how do you see this personally good or bad? I'm guessing good.
    Depends if Kemalists or Islamists . Thanks to Erdogan, an Islamist group organized in Turkish Army, a group aligning with Erdogan's view, what we call "cemaat" (the cult). Kemalist Army did their best to keep cemaat out of Army, and they succeed up until Erdogan took control in early 2000s. SO, If this is a coup by Kemalists, well, it's good and bad. If it's coup by Islamists, it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Will never happen. NATO moves too slowly, plus the US won't want to alienate whoever wins.

We'll declare it an internal matter, sit patiently in the corner and let them fight it out. Then we'll bribe the winner to like us on the other end with a new defense deal.
    that's the spirit!!!

Personally, I'd like to see turkey burn, but that's just me.

Well very short explained its more of a western mindset.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Erdogan saying people should get out into the streets and protest. This from the same man who has been doing everything to make protests illegal. My fucking God that's some sweet irony right there.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Is it too late to say inb4 U.S. is somehow to blame, or has that happened already?
    Na, you're still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Erdogan's potato-phone interview means he is screwed.
    Breaking news from Sadda... I mean from Erdogan's hole in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So, what side is Erdogan on, and is he losing? Cause fuck him.
    Erdogan wanted a religious country. Army don't want that. Erdogan is now seeking asylum in Germany. He'll probably fail.

Deleted
    NBC reporting US military source claiming Erdogan denied landing rights in Istanbul and seeking asylum in Germany.