Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Proof? Because I have seen widespread support for the ruling party on the streets.
    There was a video in this thread where it was apparently filmed at a window of some house and tanks were rolling under it, with loud cheering at the background.

Too lazy to go dick it up. Search the thread if you care.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    This is why we have the Right to Bear Arms in the United States, so a military coup like this could never happen. If the military ever tried to take complete control, well armed militias would form, and shut them down. The people of Turkey voted for Erdogan. The military trying to overthrow him is a slap in the face to democracy.
    If that's a slap in the face of democracy, how would you describe Erdogan's two rigged elections, his attempts to deny people freedom of speech, making protests illegal, attempting to stop any future elections?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    So your source is a tweet of an Erdogan supporter? Dont make me laugh dear.
    I'm sure there's other tweets but it's not like you are posting anything contrary to it.

The leader of Istanbul's branch of the army just said he is not supporting the coup.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the military ever tried to take complete control, well armed militias would form, and shut them down.
    Excuse me what? You think a bunch of civilians with AR-15's and other small arms are going to impede the most powerful military in the world? When the M1 Abrams roll through your down they're going to be stopped by a bunch of random people with small arms?

No. The right to bear arms was only relevant when the army was similarly armed to the populace.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

This is why we have the Right to Bear Arms in the United States, so a military coup like this could never happen. If the military ever tried to take complete control, well armed militias would form, and shut them down. The people of Turkey voted for Erdogan. The military trying to overthrow him is a slap in the face to democracy.
    Americans will never stop surprising me with how they always link any events with themselves. There is a major event happening right now in Turkey and you are just bullshiting here about your gun rights. You think anyone cares?

What?

You really don't know how democracy works.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a US Government took away parts of your Constitution and the US military said they were going to intervene to stop that happening, which side would you be on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually we have it in case of several reasons pulling off a coup being one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    My radio station had someone from Istanbul saying that some people have taken to the streets but they wouldn't really call it much
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Would be cool if we could get Constantinople back in Christian hands. But I doubt that's happening.
    It is Byzantium and their original religion was ancient Greek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Tennisace is having a field day for sure.
    I'm just supporting democracy. I see all segments of society except the military in opposition to the coup and am explaining this.

Just ignore Tennisace already, he's CLEARLY one of those who shall not be mentioned, according to the rules. He's basically derailing the entire thread at this point (which in itself is a tad impressive).

On topic: Doesn't look all too good, regarding this little coup, does it. Still hoping they will manage to oust Erdogan though, that douche wouldn't be missed by many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Let's stand in front of/climb on a tank during a coup! What could go wrong!?"

http://i.imgur.com/Ul4KmAp.mp4
    Jesus. Trying to bodily block a tank in the middle of an actual armed confrontation strikes me as a very bad idea.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Whoa...do you? A lot of it is controlling the media and have the public's support. Go read up on previous coups. Next question.
    ... I don't even... It's obvious that the on-air media supports the government, because they weren't captured by the coupers. The media captured were shot down.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, a bunch of redneck's with guns could definitely overthrow the might of the US military...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Translation: I have no clue what I'm talking about but i want to shoot people.

Please, world, stop with this religion thing. It's so 1300s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    I'm just supporting democracy. I see all segments of society except the military in opposition to the coup and am explaining this.
    A simple query: Which Turkish politician said the following: "Democracy is like a train, you get off it when you reach your destination"?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my brain just died for a second reading that...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!