Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'd say that Spirits Within was a good film, it's just it shouldn't have been called a Final Fantasy movie. As soon as it was tagged as a FF movie, people were expecting what Advent Children would eventually become. Spirits Within should have just literally been called 'Spirits Within'. As a stand alone film, it's got some good ideas, good action and good voice acting. As a Final Fantasy film, it feels like a missed chance to visualize one of the games.
    This is how I feel about it too. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen - it just didn't feel 'Final Fantasy'. Ironically that's the same criticism I have for FFXIII...

As for Kingsglaive, though, I'm not worried. Since it'll be running alongside the events of the game itself so it won't feel like it's just coming out of nowhere. I just hope it's going to be fairly dark, mature and 'gritty' in regards to having a decent amount of intrigue and the like. It certainly seems that way at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm a big fan of Lena Headey and FFXV intrigues me quite a bit. I really hope that this will be good so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I'll definitely go to see it - but will it be playing in cinemas or will it go straight to DVD?
    won't be in cinemas, but it'll be available for streaming or download and DVD

also the Ultimate Collector's Edition of XV looks pretty sweet

[Movie] Kingsglaive - Final Fantasy XV

This.
    I need this now.

Looking forward to the Voice acting of both Sean Bean and Aaron Paul in the English version.
    This is going to be incredible.
    Last edited by SilverHeimdall; 2016-06-05 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    This is how I imagined the Warcraft movie: Full cinematic with good voice acting.

Was wondering if that title was spelled wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer a Japanese voice but English subtitle version

Both I am excited about this and the 5 piece anime OVA.

If the game doesn't come out on PC I am buying a PS4 just for this (and FF7 remake)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I would prefer a Japanese voice but English subtitle version

Both I am excited about this and the 5 piece anime OVA.

If the game doesn't come out on PC I am buying a PS4 just for this (and FF7 remake)
    And the NieR sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Was wondering if that title was spelled wrong...
    Can't edit it :[ fml
    edit: someone changed it for me. yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    This is how I imagined the Warcraft movie: Full cinematic with good voice acting.
    Definitely. Would probably have been much better.
    Last edited by SilverHeimdall; 2016-06-05 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know of the OVA will be included in the Kingsglaive Bluray?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

Holy Moly! THIS is how you make a movie based on a game series!
    behind the scenes:

Okay the games are on: my money is on FFXV beating Warcraft in cinemas, thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    That CGI is fucking next level man... I mean HOLY SHIT.

I'm not that hyped for the game, but the film looks great.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Okay the games are on: my money is on FFXV beating Warcraft in cinemas, thoughts?
    I don't think it will - because it seems like it's only going to be shown in a select number of cinemas across the globe. Probably places like high end cinemas in London and New York. I'd love to go see it myself, though - because I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. I'm due to receive the Collector's Edition so I'll at least be able to watch the movie the day the package arrives.

In the event that it does show at a cinema near me, though, I am totally going to go see it!

Deleted
    Reaction to the Warcraft movie : "weird... the orc looks cool but the humans are meh and blurry, maybe they should have done it in full CGI to avoid the uncanny valley syndrome... I dunno..." 5/10 will go because i'm a WoW player

Reaction to the Kingsglaive : "holy f.... s....!!! Is this for real ??? It's full CGI ??? WHAT THE HELL THAT'S BEAUTIFUL !!!". 10/10 will go because it LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    Reaction to the Warcraft movie : "weird... the orc looks cool but the humans are meh and blurry, maybe they should have done it in full CGI to avoid the uncanny valley syndrome... I dunno..." 5/10 will go because i'm a WoW player

Reaction to the Kingsglaive : "holy f.... s....!!! Is this for real ??? It's full CGI ??? WHAT THE HELL THAT'S BEAUTIFUL !!!". 10/10 will go because it LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING.
    Like Advent Children, it's 100% fanservice and not trying to appeal to a real audience. Warcraft unfortunately had to try and get other people to care about it, as it was an expensive Hollywood production. This movie was probably done with a part of the budget for the game, and it's not trying to pay for itself directly, but by selling more copies of FFXV.

What? Must look into this now.

Also...Sean Bean dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Like Advent Children, it's 100% fanservice and not trying to appeal to a real audience. Warcraft unfortunately had to try and get other people to care about it, as it was an expensive Hollywood production. This movie was probably done with a part of the budget for the game, and it's not trying to pay for itself directly, but by selling more copies of FFXV.
    What you said here may be true but Blizzard could have done the exact same thing. WoW bring them hundred of millions of $$ every year, so they could have very well just done a full cgi movie for fans and lost millions in it and still have a huge benefit from the game.

Plus, Warcraft movie costed 160 millions. I can't find the infos for FFXV Kingsglaive but I doubt it costed more. How come it looks waaaaaaaaaaay better then ? imho it's because it's full CGI, not a weird mix of CGI & real actors. If Blizzard had choose to do 90 minutes full CGI with the same design as their WoW cinematics, it would have look badass too !

What you said here may be true but Blizzard could have done the exact same thing. WoW bring them hundred of millions of $$ every year, so they could have very well just done a full cgi movie for fans and lost millions in it and still have a huge benefit from the game.

Plus, Warcraft movie costed 160 millions. I can't find the infos for FFXV Kingsglaive but I doubt it costed more. How come it looks waaaaaaaaaaay better then ? imho it's because it's full CGI, not a weird mix of CGI & real actors. If Blizzard had choose to do 90 minutes full CGI with the same design as their WoW cinematics, it would have look badass too !
    And you'd have a 90min long cinematic written by Metzen: A CGI orc version of The Expendables.

I'd rather have actual film-makers making these movies.

As for it looking better, Spirits Within looked fairly realistic when it came out, now it's so far into the uncanny valley it's hard to watch.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-07-16 at 06:47 PM.

If Blizzard had choose to do 90 minutes full CGI with the same design as their WoW cinematics, it would have look badass too !
    The humans is what ruined Warcraft (for me).

Which is sad. If anything it should have been the CGI. But having been a WoW fan, I already understand how Metzen gives zero fucks about the Human/Alliance and is all about his fucking Go'El. I would be quite glad if they fired him or removed him from a position to direct any and all story.

or just consult him regarding orcs, but give him no input regarding human/alliance...or anything actually. Just have him write Orcs since that is where his heart is. The rest of the story gets handled by others.

There's a newly released trailer:

I have a feeling I'm going to love this movie when it's finally available.