Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I saw it trust me its not for kids you can do just about anything you want to ghosts without getting an R rating
    Like get a blow job from one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I saw many kids at Deadpool and many kids play "Superhero" That doesn't mean Deadpool is a kid friendly movie and nether is Ghostbusters (2016).
    lol comparing deadpool to ghostbusters is laughable at best.

its fine for kids. its no more adult than the first one
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Or Antz, like when Z told the princess that he was going to add her to his spank bank, but thanks to her attitude she can just forget it now. And that is a kid's movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Like get a blow job from one?

'Pets' trips up 'Ghostbusters' for box-office top spot

The animated hit The Secret Life of Pets clamped tight for a second consecutive No. 1 finish at the box office with $50.6 million for the weekend, running its 10-day total to $203.2 million. It was enough to outdo director Paul Feig’s high-profile Ghostbusters reboot, which made its debut with $46 million
    This could be a train wreck for Sony. Can't say they don't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Everybody is so sexist man!!! Meanwhile Rogue one will make records cash this december. They wont even need to shoot anybody in the dick or make fart jokes to do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Everybody is so sexist man!!! Meanwhile Rogue one will make records cash this december. They wont even need to shoot anybody in the dick or make fart jokes to do it!!

The sexist side of me (I'm a man so we all sexist) wants to shit on rogue one. But the other 99.99% of me is so fooking stoked m8... I've gone Bri'ish

people arguing about rey was all over the internet up until like a month or two ago. and before that it was people complaining there was a black stormtrooper
    I believe the anti-SJW/alt-right complaint was about the female and black leads being used to predispose western civilisation to be cucked and cause a white genocide. There's one of those cutesy collages channers like to make somewhere claiming that white males are supposed to relate to BB-8 the "beta-orbiter" or "little white cuck-ball."

Ghostbusters (2016) 2/10

Saw this last night and forgot all about till seeing this thread.

The movie is pretty unfunny and unremarkable aside from name to me. It's not "horrible" as the trailers made it seem, they were pretty bad trailers, but the movie is actually pretty weak sauce.

I laughed like three times and all three instances of laughter came from the cast of the ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS. Aykroyd was decently funny in his brief little cameo (but it was very NYC which made me chuckle) Murray was amusing and Annie Potts made me laugh too.

Whatever Annie Potts is doing with her life must be extraordinary because she looked FANTASTIC. Holy-flying-mother-fucking-shit, Annie Potts looked incredible.

I felt the movie tried too hard to make jokes. Nothing was naturally funny or funny because of who these characters are- like the ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS.

People and characters just acted silly for no reason other than to deliver a joke.

If you look at Ghostbusters (1984), Ray isn't behaving super silly or chewing scenery. Ray is smoking a cig and building a containment field. Egon isn't 'woo-hooing' in the streets and taking out ghosts in slo-mo to a rock/pop score and than licking his Protonpack afterward.

The Ghostbusters (1984) were funny because they were actual characters whom happened to be in a rather outlandish scenario that was actually quite scary and atheistic.

This remake feels dated already. It's very 90's comedy with practical falls, props, wingdings and effects. Nothing that is done informs these characters other than when they actually tell the audience; "Hey, this is my origin story! Just so you know I used to be her friend!"/"Hey, I am resourceful! See how I am resourceful?!"

Movie fucking sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ghostbusters (2016) 2/10

snip
    Agree on pretty much everything you had to say except the cameos should've been the actual original Ghostbusters handing off the mantle or something.

you bring something to mind. About handing over the mantle.

Can anyone explain this alternate u inverse shit they are trying to establish? I read that in this timeline these are the defacto GBs. But in another movie there will be another cast.

Then they will join up in some end of world event or something.

How in the fuck??!

This is out of some comic book level of plot. When has ghostbusters been that way? Can someone get me up to speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's be honest, "Pets" was going to steamroll anything that came out. In this case, it just didn't have to work very hard to do it.

lol comparing deadpool to ghostbusters is laughable at best.

Its called a example that disproved your comment.

But I guess that went over your head.

- - - Updated - - -

'Pets' trips up 'Ghostbusters' for box-office top spot

I want to see Life of pets, looks like a funny movie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    you bring something to mind. About handing over the mantle.

Can anyone explain this alternate u inverse shit they are trying to establish? I read that in this timeline these are the defacto GBs. But in another movie there will be another cast.

Then they will join up in some end of world event or something.

How in the fuck??!

This is out of some comic book level of plot. When has ghostbusters been that way? Can someone get me up to speed?
    Sony been trying for years now to make a marvel. They tried with spiderman and it bombed hard. They are trying with this now, thank god it bombed, sony picture just sucks right now.

Went to see GB with my younger daughter today. The plot (and of course the effects) was better than the original, but the dialogue and comedic delivery had problems.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I want to see Life of pets, looks like a funny movie.
    Eh, it was okay. Kevin Hart as the bunny is so distracting, it just takes you out of the movie every time the bunny opens his mouth.

It's certainly no Despicable Me.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2016-07-18 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well let's be honest, "Pets" was going to steamroll anything that came out. In this case, it just didn't have to work very hard to do it.
    Animated movies have been on a roll this year.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

*shrugs*
    Money-wise it did pretty much what was expected at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    Money-wise it did pretty much what was expected at the box office.

About that? Is it a good thing? I know it's too early to tell the gross earnings for the entire run, but this is what I am asking.

Is having a low expectation something to be proud of? If Legendary estimated Warcraft to make 40 million, and it made 40 million, is it a good thing that they met expectations?

And I wanna be clear, I have no idea how this film will do in the end. It may make 500 million. Or stop at 50. I'm just asking about whether or not hitting that mark is really a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    About that? Is it a good thing? I know it's too early to tell the gross earnings for the entire run, but this is what I am asking.

Is having a low expectation something to be proud of? If Legendary estimated Warcraft to make 40 million, and it made 40 million, is it a good thing that they met expectations?

And I wanna be clear, I have no idea how this film will do in the end. It may make 500 million. Or stop at 50. I'm just asking about whether or not hitting that mark is really a good thing?

It needs to break over the $200 million mark I believe when it's done its run.
    Feig's movies tend to accumulate over the long haul, so it's possible.
    Despite what some may think, this has some good word-of-mouth going for it.