Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I had the discord on me by zennyatta and McCree headshot me from far range and I died with one shot. I was using Ana so her health isn't super high but that is pretty powerful but we will have to wait and see if it does become a problem where they will need to nerf McCree again

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    I just played some games vs a very good Mccree who had his pocket Mercy all the time. Mercy did nothing apart boosting and sporadically healing him. Well suffice to say he dominated every single game with no problem. I was initially sceptic in saying Mccree + Mercy was OP, but now that I saw it in capable hands (not pro like, but the guy was good) I am leaning towards the "mercy boost is too strong". Mccree himself without is fine. Mccree pumped with Mercy boost and Nano is a destroyer of worlds. I hope it won't go live as is.
    Everything else on the PTR seems ok.
    A lot of characters can seem "OP" when they have a pocket healer that can also give them +30% damage.

But really, "pocketing" in Overwatch is pretty shitty...as a healer you're supposed to keep the whole team alive, not slave over a single person.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftRic View Post
    I had the discord on me by zennyatta and McCree headshot me from far range and I died with one shot. I was using Ana so her health isn't super high but that is pretty powerful but we will have to wait and see if it does become a problem where they will need to nerf McCree again
    Discord Orb gives +50% damage. It's supposed to make things hit really hard.

that's true but the range was still crazy far.

Yeah, that's how McCree was designed. It even says it on one of the McCree tips, "If you can see it, you can shoot it".

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftRic View Post
    You got headshot with discord orb on and you died as a 200hp? hero. Not seeing the problem with this at all. Lots of heroes could've one shot you in the same way with discord orb on

Absolutely. He will make life for Pharas hell if this goes through, which it most likely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Absolutely. He will make life for Pharas hell if this goes through, which it most likely will.
    Good Pharah needs more counters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    ummmmm.... good? With widow out of the meta we were left with just soldier countering pharah and mc cree being borderline unplayable in serious lvl play.

I just wish McCree's stun didn't register even from a full nautical mile away. It should require a little more accuracy to get the reward, considering its a guaranteed instakill if he lands it.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    ummmmm.... good? With widow out of the meta we were left with just soldier countering pharah and mc cree being borderline unplayable in serious lvl play.
    Zen is also a serious counter to her as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah, this new patch has added 3 counters to Pharah. McCree with good accuracy can take her down quickly, same with Zen, and a decent D.Va can get right in her face with the defense matrix change where she can absorb 3-4 rockets, eat 2 of em, and have it back up before Pharah reloads, and stay in her face the whole time pumping out damage, not to mention it just nullifies Pharahs Ult completely. I like Pharah and tend to play her often, but first day of those changes I had to play completely differently as I can't just be airborne all the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    how exactly is zen a counter to pharah? they nerfed his damage and hitboxes for projectiles got smaller, he still dies to two rockets, atleast his orb is much faster, but that itself doesnt really matter as you cant crit + hit kill 200hp chars anymore with orb, now you need 2 crits or crit and 2 hits...

McCree is back to the spot where he belongs in my opinion. The nerf before made him almost off the current meta game, so this rework made him viable for highend players again. There are no real counters to it at the moment tho so i am expecting some minor nerf in the near future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeeinn View Post
    McCree is back to the spot where he belongs in my opinion. The nerf before made him almost off the current meta game, so this rework made him viable for highend players again. There are no real counters to it at the moment tho so i am expecting some minor nerf in the near future.
    Snipers still give him trouble. Medium sized model and slow as fuck makes him an easy target to pick off from extreme ranges where his damage falls off.

Ripe to snipers. Reinhardt completely shuts down his midrange. Roadhog will still 1 shot him if he ventures too close to his hook, and he's still vulnerable to all the flank heroes without flashbang.
    Doubt he'll see a nerf, he's fairly solid now. I don't feel dirty playing him anymore

I think McCree feels rather decent...

...yet again, I don't really use McCree.... lol!!

well he is officially Phaara bane which I appreciate.

As a Phara main.... i'm scared to use her now...

Well, it's time to rank up that Soldier time played with a sprinkle of D.va and fitting supports.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think he's in a good spot nowadays, he's a strong pick, but can still be countered. If anything FTH doesn't feel great to use overall, but I don't really know how Blizzard should address that without making the ability overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed he is. McSnipe is this patch's 76/Pharah. They screwed up. Instead of giving us a choice, they just replaced the best hero to pick with another. They didn't need to nerf 76, they just needed to bring McCree up and they went about it the wrong way. Fan is still useless but now he's back to snuffing people out from a mile away just like in closed beta. So much for anti-flanker. Tracer and Genji can still run rampant, Pharah is now useless because of McCree and Discord orb from all the Zens, D.Va, etc.

Just imagine if they didn't revert Mercy's 50% damage boost.

I saw all of this coming, as did many others. We talked about it on the official forums, along with lots of other things like how much more useless Widow was going to be after this patch but it all fell on deaf ears. I've made multiple highly rated threads, 1 even capping out and there have been countless others. But it seems they're dropping the ball when it comes to balance in this game, which is unfortunate, because it's a great game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy