Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Makes sense for the RNC to get more money for security. While I dont support Trump, I have to admit him and his supporters have been on the receiving end of more riots, protests and overall trouble makers. Haven't seen as much thrown at Clinton but nerd raging sanderistas are a wildcard for the DNC. Guess we'll see if they follow their savior's lead or brandish him a traitor and act a fool anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Is this a critique of the GOP, or of the fanatical nutters whose threats of riot and protest have made such costly measures prudent?
    That depends on if we are being honest enough. The media narrative is usually "More violence at Trump rally", as if being attacked by Trump haters is the fault of Trump supporters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The device is not magic. I can't just make a milled piece of steel. It puts tiny drops of plastic on top one another. That's all it does. It will never be able to make a gun. Little drops of aluminum or whatever won't cut it.
    No no I didn't mean those but a new generation, no plastic, only metal.
    A 3D printing "smithy" the applications r endless, Those who can buy could get all kinds of orders, like car shops who need hardtoget old parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    No no I didn't mean those but a new generation, no plastic, only metal.
    A 3D printing "smithy" the applications r endless, Those who can buy could get all kinds of orders, like car shops who need hardtoget old parts.
    Stacking tiny drops of any metal is not the same as a folded chunk of steel with a rifled hole drilled in it. Science is real. You cannot just pile a hunk of metal down in the shape you want and call it a day. I mean, if you are talking Star Trek replicators that work on atomic level, ok sure but I think that is a bit far out and we probably won't have gun powder guns still by then.

Yeah, how do you 3D print a milled piece of steel for the barrel? You don't.
    The device is not magic. I can't just make a milled piece of steel. It puts tiny drops of plastic on top one another. That's all it does. It will never be able to make a gun. Little drops of aluminum or whatever won't cut it.
    Buy a steel pipe off the internet and mill it out at a machine shop.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Buy a steel pipe off the internet and mill it out at a machine shop.
    That will blow up in your hand. You guys do know that a high powered explosion is happening in that barrel, right? It's not a pipe bomb that is meant to all explode. You will want to use the gun, and likely your hand, again later after you fire it. Therefore it has to contain the explosion and direct the bullet away.

Yeah, how do you 3D print a milled piece of steel for the barrel? You don't.
    That will blow up in your hand. You guys do know that a high powered explosion is happening in that barrel, right? It's not a pipe bomb that is meant to all explode. You will want to use the gun, and likely your hand, again later after you fire it. Therefore it has to contain the explosion and direct the bullet away.
    Do you really think people aren't smart enough to make it work?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    I thought the left were a bunch of sissy hippy babies though. Hippies don't riot they smoke pot. Your theory is busted.
    Hippies were they baby boomers, leftest today are violent cry bullies.

Do you really think people aren't smart enough to make it work?
    I think science is not magic. You cannot lift the weight of a plan without enough thrust, no matter how smart you are. You cannot turn lead in to gold, no matter how smart you are. You cannot contain an explosion inside a small space unless the small space does not blow up, no matter how smart you are.

And they did already figure it out. They figured out the barrel has to be some strong ass steel, or else it blows up. Hence why guns are not made out of plumbing pipe, as you suggest.

I think science is not magic. You cannot lift the weight of a plan without enough thrust, no matter how smart you are. You cannot turn lead in to gold, no matter how smart you are. You cannot contain an explosion inside a small space unless the small space does not blow up, no matter how smart you are.

And they did already figure it out. They figured out the barrel has to be some strong ass steel, or else it blows up. Hence why guns are not made out of plumbing pipe, as you suggest.
    So only gun manufacturers are able to figure out how to make a working gun then.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Stop being such a child. I never said anything of the sort. 50 million for the RNC, DNC, is far too much. I don't care what party it's for.
    Then write it down. Mindreading isn't in one of human race ability card.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Ever heard of Australia?
    ?
    Former penal colony. Go figure they would have stricter gun control.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, as long as they send video to whoever produces television about people being not so intelligent, they should go buy some schedule 80 and watch it blow up in their face.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

So only gun manufacturers are able to figure out how to make a working gun then.
    Not at all. But nobody can make a gun out of a plumbing pipe, that is ridiculous unless you are talking about something that does not involve gun powder.

Let me say it one last time so you are clear: You can't make a gun in hardware store. You can't make a gun with a 3D printer. Why would anyone argue that you could?

Can you make a gun at home with some sufficient parts? Yes, of course. People do it every day. But you can't make a car engine out of wood, and you can't make a gun out of a plumbing pipe or plastic, unless it's a potato gun or something with significantly less kaboom than a gun. Physics is not just a good idea, it's the law.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-07-18 at 05:43 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. But nobody can make a gun out of a plumbing pipe, that is ridiculous unless you are talking about something that does not involve gun powder.

Let me say it one last time so you are clear: You can't make a gun in hardware store. You can't make a gun with a 3D printer. Why would anyone argue that you could?

Can you make a gun at home with some sufficient parts? Yes, of course. People do it every day. But you can't make a car engine out of wood, and you can't make a gun out of a plumbing pipe or plastic, unless it's a potato gun or something with significantly less kaboom than a gun. Physics is not just a good idea, it's the law.

Hard ware store not so much but from what I read about Zipguns you're prob better off going to a junk yard or a Auto parts store for the barrel parts.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    So a glorified potato gun that only shoots low grade bird shot? Meh, I mean I guess. If you have need for a shotgun that misses from the 10 feet he fired it from, and you want to kill birds, this will work. A rock would probably work better though. And obviously this would not work for anything that fires a bullet which, I was wrongly focusing on I guess.

Still has fuck all to do with the original 3D printer notion that started this.

Guns aren't some magical piece of equipment that operates on hopes and dreams. It's a firing pin and a barrel. That's all you need.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Guns aren't some magical piece of equipment that operates on hopes and dreams. It's a firing pin and a barrel. That's all you need.
    Sure. Ok. But, when you say gun, is that what anyone thinks? Like...this thing appears to be non-harmful at about 10 feet. Sure, it fires a shell but, it's not exactly an AK-47, now is it? Calling it a gun when its non-harmful at wooden toy bow and arrow range is a bit of a stretch but, technically accurate. This is no more of a gun than a potato gun, that has no firing pin at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    You missed his point entirely.

For most guns of any quality (read: non-potato gun) the barrel needs to be strong enough to withstand the gunpowder. That typically requires high quality steel (which must be further worked if you want any degree of accuracy). It's not something you can recreate with a 3D printer and not something you can try with a plumbing pipe if you like your current standard of living.

Gun- a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force.

You can make a gun from absolute shit supplies. Now if you're talking about an AK-47, a semi-automatic rifle, then yeah no fucking shit you can't make one from hardware supplies or anything even close to resembling it. However, this is your first time stating it. The conversation was about a "gun" being made. Not a complex semi-automatic weapon. A "gun". Specificity matters. Don't be vague if you don't want misunderstandings.

Furthermore, calling a gun that fires bullets a "potato gun" is laughable at best. While rifling is incredibly important for velocity and accuracy, it's not what makes a gun deadly. A gun is deadly if it's capable of firing without exploding in your hands. The gun linked above that's essentially a pipe and firing pin isn't as deadly as a semi-automatic pistol but I'd wager it's more deadly than most muskets were simply because of the rate of fire you can achieve.

Is anyone deeming it anywhere near as deadly as a semi-automatic rifle? No. Is it deadly and is it more capable of killing than any sharp or blunt weapon you could otherwise use? You better believe it.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.