Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Ambrose's DDT isn't a problem for being a DDT but because it's a regular boring every day DDT like any number of wrestlers have used as a normal part of their arsenal for years.
    His is actually using a double undertook DDT. Double underhook, because he pulls the arms back, instead of holding the head:

https://youtu.be/XUz7Az6UTf4
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by lastever View Post
    good ole mick foley. he deserves it, i think.
    I missed him as the Commissioner.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the DDT used to be a big deal, but it is extremely hard to make a move watered down by overuse impressive again, and giving it to him as a finisher isn't enough. It would probably need to just not be used by anyone for years before it just comes out of left field. If Ambrose wants to use it, he needs to improve upon it.
    It's why you need to prepare for a very different WWE in the near future. With KENTA, Nakamura, Prince Devitt, Cien, Cruiserweight tournament and Paul Hayman handing Will Asprey the EVOLVE contract. Get ready to hear the term "flippy shit" everywhere, if you are a wrestling fan.

If you can find it. Will Aspray vs Ricochet at NJPW, is the future of wrestling. Acrobats > Bodybuilders...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-07-19 at 03:29 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's why you need to prepare for a very different WWE in the near future. With KENTA, Nakamura, Prince Devitt, Cien, Cruiserweight tournament and Paul Hayman handing Will Asprey the EVOLVE contract. Get ready to hear the term "flippy shit" everywhere, if you are a wrestling fan.
    I'm glad they're bringing in the cruiser weight edition. I wish they would also bring back the hardcore title.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I for the life of me cannot understand why the are splitting up their roster when it is soo small already...

Why can they not run 2 live shows with 1 roster?
    They're doing NXT callups for main rosters + scouting/bringing back old faces. Will have enough talent either now or VERY soon. Last I knew. Also the cruiserweight people on Mondays.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly. I don't remember clearly and I'm not an expert on the actual names of specific variations of most moves. I just know it's a very plain looking DDT.

He apparently used a front facing version while part of the Shield. That looks much better.
    It's not plain, he hooks their arms up (kinda like a pedigree but with their head under his arm instead of between his legs. It increases risk of damage (visually) as they can't mitigate the damage as easily with their hands.

That said I don't disagree, I only ever watched one of the Stone Cold podcasts and something that was brought up was Cena using the Stunner (springboard stunner) and Austin said he had no issue with Cena using the move, but it was booked completely wrong. A move like that should be special, but all it is (or was at the time) used for was to set up the AA.

He basically said, you could get something like a sleeper, a move a dozen wrestlers do, you put a "block" on those wrestlers use it, and then slowly introduce it to someone like Mark Henry, someone you would believe could do that move, and as they're the only one allowed to do it, it becomes a more legitimate finisher.

Everyone does a DDT, some more exaggerated sells than others, but at least Dean has a variation on it. The front version did look better and I did notice he stopped using it, but never knew why, maybe it looked too much like Miz' Skull Crushing Finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched Monday Night Raw (or wrestling in general) since 1998. So what did I miss?
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    What was wrong with Gorilla Press -> Standing Moonsault for a finish anyway?
    He did two moonsaults as Uhaa nation and it looked insane. I have no clue why HHH pushed for a power move, instead of the mix of agility and power, being the whole point why Apallo is special. I don't remember were I saw it, but it's in one of the NXT behind the scenes specials on WWE network. Moments like that make the hope that HHH gets it, dwindle...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I haven't watched Monday Night Raw (or wrestling in general) since 1998. So what did I miss?
    Half naked dudes in various costumes writhing around on top of each other while grunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade in litteral boobs, for a couple of men acting like boobs. You are all set...

You missed out on Ryback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvJOSLaAqE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I'm glad they're bringing in the cruiser weight edition. I wish they would also bring back the hardcore title.
    I love me some cruiserweights though. I was sad when they let the division water down to nothing.
    You guys would love the tournament. I'd say wait for it to finish, then use the free month of WWE network to binge watch it. First episode was great and what song is this. I want to buy:

https://youtu.be/M4OY4RfFhko

Spoilers:

https://youtu.be/gXjAuZhGRHs
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-07-19 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys would love the tournament. I'd say wait for it to finish, then use the free month of WWE network to binge watch it. First episode was great and what song is this. I want to buy:

Description says:

Recording of Cedric Alexander's theme song used in the 2016 Cruiserweight Classic
    Artist: CFO$
    Title: I Won't Let Go

oh I've seen cruiser weight divisions. Back when Rey Mysterio started in WCW. I use WWE network every s often. I was watching Camp WWE on it a month ago. Thought that was a funny show but they only had like 5 episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also they named Daniel Bryan as general manager of Smackdown. I'm no as exciting about that.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    That was leaked like a week ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Description says:

Recording of Cedric Alexander's theme song used in the 2016 Cruiserweight Classic
    Artist: CFO$
    Title: I Won't Let Go
    Damn it... Must have been updated sense I last checked. Thanks! They owe you some advertising money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    That was leaked like a week ago.
    I don't like to look at the spoilers when they're leaked. I prefer tof be surprised by the story lines

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Looks like my brother with a pinhead. Pretty cool!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to look at the spoilers when they're leaked. I prefer tof be surprised by the story lines
    It wasn't so much a leak/spoiler in the typical sense, as the WWE themselves accidentally posted about it in an official news article on their app.

Vince said he wants shane and Stephanie to compete with each other on their respective shows. He said he wants them to compete for the keys to the castle. I believe Vince is getting ready to retire and this is how he will choose which one gets the company.
    Is this a rib? Do we have a legit mark here?
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman