Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Reminds me of SAO honestly.

The lines between reality and gaming is blurring.
    You should check out Reki Kawahara's other series, Accel World. SAO is his take on virtual reality and how it will impact society. AW is his take on augmented reality.

No I don't think so. Mainly because popularity of the AR gaming is more about Pokemon than just AR gaming. Pokemons are just a perfect product for this. I know many people who play Pokemon Go, I know noone who would even consider trying WoW raids AR or even play WoW or any mmo in AR/VR.

It's just all about Pokemon, not AR. It's the Pokemon more than the concept of AR that draws people to it.

AR is much more usable in business, like furniture and house AR + VR planners, thats exciting, to be able to chose the furniture and decorations you want and have a simulation of that in your new house/flat os it's easier to imagine and plan it. Even I find it more exciting than AR games other than Pokemon Go :P Can't wait.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-19 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    I think blizzard better take heed and get on this AR TECHNOLOGY because if they wont you bet 100 other gaming companies are already programming games like what I described.
    This article also talks about the future of AR technology in gaming

http://www.supercheats.com/articles/...ergnet_1111486

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Anyways back to op. What your describing is pretty awesome, but not achievable at all on mobile devices. Future VR gear is the way this will be achieved, but even then I'd imagine from your own bedroom, not actually going out.
    I wholeheartedly disagree VR is dead, VR is a fad, most humans want and need to be outside and interact with fresh air and the outdoors, I mean look at the biggest criticism of video games, look at th most common ways people mocked Warcraft players, that they are fat pasty hide in the basement neck bearded nerds. VR is a FAD, it will die just like 10 years ago people said we will all be watch 3D TVs, nothing will ever compare with being out in the real world and having a full time real world sensory interaction. People do no not want to sit inside and have a HUGE helmet contraption strapped to their faces, it will be like Virtual boy just giving everyone Dizziness and Migraine headaches. The future is Augmented reality, or enhanced reality, you can bet on this.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    This article also talks about the future of AR technology in gaming

http://www.supercheats.com/articles/...ergnet_1111486

- - - Updated - - -

I wholeheartedly disagree VR is dead, VR is a fad, most humans want and need to be outside and interact with fresh air and the outdoors, I mean look at the biggest criticism of video games, look at th most common ways people mocked Warcraft players, that they are fat pasty hide in the basement neck bearded nerds. VR is a FAD, it will die just like 10 years ago people said we will all be watch 3D TVs, nothing will ever compare with being out in the real world and having a full time real world sensory interaction. People do no not want to sit inside and have a HUGE helmet contraption strapped to their faces, it will be like Virtual boy just giving everyone Dizziness and Migraine headaches. The future is Augmented reality, or enhanced reality, you can bet on this.
    Your assuming a big piece of kit will be required, like a motorcycle helmet or something like on SAO. Whos to say it won't be a pair of glasses or a little chip on your temples?

It might not be 10 years from now, it might be 50 years. The point I was trying to make, exactly what the op was describing, isn't achievable yet, some form of it is. But nothing overly sophisticated, lets look at pokemon go, it is a very simplistic idea.

And I don't doubt AR will be used in the future, the same as I don't doubt VR will be. And I bet Console and normal PC's will still be used. We don't have to have one at the expense of another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think AR is just another fad that's going to pass until we get REAL AR. Right now it's just little mini games that are fun for about 20 min and then they become boring. I have an AR headset that I got from a deal when I got my new Samsung Galaxy phone and I hardly ever use it unless my nieces are over, they like using it. To me it just feels unfinished and buggy. The calibration is constantly going off and the picture quality isn't all that great. Of course this is the experience I had with the headset that I have so maybe mine is just some cheaper model or something.

To be honest though I don't really care for AR gaming unless it's going to be like The Matrix. I'd rather just have a comfortable controller in my hands and a screen in front of me.

And actually when it comes to Pokemon I'd MUCH rather have another 3D RPG Pokemon game like Colosseum for the Gamecube. That's probably my favorite Pokemon game.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-19 at 06:28 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope not. Not really a fan of VR or AR. I can live with the fact that VR is likely going to be the future, but I hope to god it's not both.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I have a feeling the same might happen to Pokemon Go. They could however keep it alive by regularly updating the game...
    Not sure yet, depends on how much they add over time.

Out of my group of friends that play, one has stopped simply because he couldn't fight other players directly.

If they add that and balance it a bit, it could have some longevity, though the game won't hit it's peak till it's released in the whole of Asia.

And I don't think this is the future of gaming, this is a simple and fun app, but not the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know about something as complicated as the OP mentioned, however PG will have a follower. It just takes the right idea with the right IP.

Also it is now cool and hip to hate on Pokemon GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I dont know about something as complicated as the OP mentioned, however PG will have a follower. It just takes the right idea with the right IP.

Also it is now cool and hip to hate on Pokemon GO.
    I'm already imagining an Independence day/War of the world game, Imagine turning on your APP and all the sudden outside your window you can see HUGE alien ships overhead (YES AR) and you have to go outside and kill Alien attackers and everytime you kill one you loot their Tech and their Armor, and and you keep killing them to level yourself up and build up your GEAR, and you can pick roles, like a HEAVY gunner, a Long range SNIPER, a DRONE pilot who gets to control drones and remote tanks, a HEALER role..... and you must make your way to your local park which is now a SURVIVAL Settlement camp, and you meet other players to swap gear, use scrap metal to craft new gear, buy new stronger weapons, get healed up, pick up quests, and form groups to attack motherships and bosses ETC, all this is AR and overalyed over your real city
    Last edited by nogard64; 2016-07-19 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon GO is Ingress in a Pokemon themed skin. The only reason why its so popular is because its Pokemon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive