Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    I think a lot of the problem with the ranking system is somewhat in player perception of it, and also in that it moves a little too fast. Its not supposed to be just something you keep increasing, which I think a lot of players are treating it as. Its supposed to be a representation of your skill, and it should only really increase if you get materially better at the game. In a lot of ways I think it moves too much too fast, and that messes with people. Even if your skill is properly calibrated and you are playing against people of exactly equal skill, you still will occasionally go on winning or losing streaks, especially small-ish ones of 4 or 5 games here and there. Thats totally normal, and doesnt actually reflect that your skill has changed in any way. And I think the fact that your skill rating moves so much in that span can be confusing or disheartening to some people, especially on the losing end, since the lower you go the more you seem to encounter leavers and otherwise trolling and stuff. I dont really know of a better system or anything, but I think it should really have a little less variance on a game-by-game basis, since that will always cause a bad perception of it from the users end, and thats more damaging to the game as a whole than an actually bad system in all reality.

Huh? CS:GO matches by rank as far as I know. I mean its not throwing Global Elites in with silvers in the same game, which you seem to be implying happens, unless i misunderstand you?
    the problem is that most of the times you're not fighting people in your rank but 15 ranks above you 4 times in a row and you're expected to treat as normal because blizz thinks that its fun for the underdogs to have a chance at beating pros that in the end doesnt hapen
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Annoying dumb ass team mates playing solo. Just had a game where the entire team but me was genji reaper and all they did was walk to their deaths getting countered.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Wait, what? I've never seen this.
    me and my group get this like every night. 1 balçanced match with people around our average rank 62/64 and then 4 matches in a row against 77/79 even after we wait 15 mins betwent those 4 matches so we dont get put against them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    me and my group get this like every night. 1 balçanced match with people around our average rank 62/64 and then 4 matches in a row against 77/79 even after we wait 15 mins betwent those 4 matches so we dont get put against them
    Then don't wait 15 minutes. 15 minutes is enough for them to finish a match. Wait 5 instead

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Wait, what? I've never seen this.
    Ive never seen that either. its almost exactly matching every time, unless you get in with a group of very mixed skills. In any event the average is almost always the same, and ive never seen it off by more than 2 or 3 at maximum.

Are you playing in PC? If not maybe console just has low population and cant find matches?

even if we wait 5 minutes we still get put against them. and we play on ps4 where we also have to deal with people using mouse and keyboard adapters just to give themselves an edge

- - - Updated - - -

and we lose like only an inch against these people, but after 4 crushign defeats thanks to blizzard matchmaking, a groups moralle can only go so far before people just go F this and go play smthin else

10+ Year Old Account
    even if we wait 5 minutes we still get put against them. and we play on ps4 where we also have to deal with people using mouse and keyboard adapters just to give themselves an edge
    I'm not sure what's happening then. Looking at Masteroverwatch, there's plenty of people ~80 mark for them to fight. So clearly something is very broken somewhere

exacly thats why we get anoyed by it. and i dunno why its always the same 3 77/79 groups, theres the 77 group of russians that always run double lucio double reaper, a tank and a tracer and we always fight them in KOH (ALWAYS), and then some other people where we immediately recognize by their nametag. we all agree that we dont mind fighting a higher rank but it has to be balanced and like around the 70 range or so, but when we end up fighting basicly pros over and over it just sucks man

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    exacly thats why we get anoyed by it.
    Matchmaking is also based on IP and ping, so if you live in a remote area you are likely to get higher players or vastly lower players b/c it tries to make sure you are playing with people you can actually shoot in the face without them teleporting around you nonstop.
    BAD WOLF

i'm from portugal, one or two of our guys are from greece, think one is british and i have no idea about the rest

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    i'm from portugal, one or two of our guys are from greece, think one is british and i have no idea about the rest
    My guess would be a 6 man group at fairly high SR on console across a bunch of locales severely limits the available pool of people you can play with. There probably are no other 6 man premades that one group of 75s you keep seeing can even be matched with (esp since most people at high SR are still avoiding large groups afaik and sticking to duo queue, unless that has changed in the last week or so) so they keep putting you with them since you're the only ones that are close?

Not doing well right now, since the patch there's far to many people playing mcree and d-va and completely sucking at it and dragging us all down.

I've been bouncing around in the 40s, and at one point because I couldn't walk away got drug down to 38, and I've clawed my way back to 46, then settled at 45 again. Couple things I've noticed and wish I could have/not have.

1) as solo wish there was a way to stick with players on a team that was solid instead of getting dumped back into the pool. Like a vote option to stay on a team and start a new game. Not sure how to achieve this beyond adding every person as a friend each time. But a simplified ingame way would be cool. Like at the end a simple que again as a group and if anyone drops fill the spot.

2) Clusters of two or three friends can be the damn worst as a solo player. They try and impose a strat and tell everyone what to play while they don't make any changes themselves, they most frequently play damage characters and tell everyone else to play support and tank, then blame tank and support. Then when the strat fails over and over basically stop playing and bitch about how it was everyone who made the strat fail, like somehow a strat doesn't have a counter. Always entertaining. I always try and accommodate it until I realize the strat is an utter fail and just because a few folks are playing together doesn't mean they are actually good.

3) Players who just charge back in solo over and over and don't wait on the team after a couple deaths. I get always waiting isn't ideal, but if you keep rushing back eventually you get too out of sync and as a support you essentially become useless unless you are Mercy and next to the best dps or the tank. This is just a learn to play issue and recognizing when everyone is out of sync.

Otherwise, most issues are being addressed, Sudden Death, Multi-Hero, and hopefully match making.

Ana, is a blast though if you play her correct. I saw too many folks in PTR playing her as mostly offense and not doing any healing. Wasting their grenade on solo enemies instead of dumping into a cluster fight and getting multi-bad guys and healing your team. Also, hipfire is where it is at for healing. Stay at around Hanzo range or Pharah, basically just far enough for your grenade to hit teamates, and hip fire and you can get some great healing and debuff enemies. And that sleep is a killer counter to so much stuff. See a hammer down? Stun Rein, same thing with Zarya, well any ult that immobilizes or leaves the caster open. The aim is a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it pretty handy little thing. Really enjoy Ana, and look forward to her hitting the match. This is without even discussing making walking gods out of tanks with her ult. Reinhardt Ana combo is pretty badass at the current run in tight places.

First of all, i don't know if something changed with mouse input, but as soon as i raised my dpi to 800 and the in game sens to 3.66 it felt better (the cm/inch i'm used in tf2).
    A mandatory feature aside that should have been on launch, i tried a match with Ana and i've found her really really fun to play. I had a good healing ratio and good accuracy (not that's hard to heal teammates with scope assist and hipfire); too bad the match crashed 1 minute to the end and i won't get any stats.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I will win one game then lose about 12 right after. This perfectly describes how I feel:

http://sketchycrab.com/portfolio/ove...ing-explained/

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I've been bouncing around in the 40s, and at one point because I couldn't walk away got drug down to 38, and I've clawed my way back to 46, then settled at 45 again. Couple things I've noticed and wish I could have/not have.

1) as solo wish there was a way to stick with players on a team that was solid instead of getting dumped back into the pool. Like a vote option to stay on a team and start a new game. Not sure how to achieve this beyond adding every person as a friend each time. But a simplified ingame way would be cool. Like at the end a simple que again as a group and if anyone drops fill the spot.

2) Clusters of two or three friends can be the damn worst as a solo player. They try and impose a strat and tell everyone what to play while they don't make any changes themselves, they most frequently play damage characters and tell everyone else to play support and tank, then blame tank and support. Then when the strat fails over and over basically stop playing and bitch about how it was everyone who made the strat fail, like somehow a strat doesn't have a counter. Always entertaining. I always try and accommodate it until I realize the strat is an utter fail and just because a few folks are playing together doesn't mean they are actually good.

3) Players who just charge back in solo over and over and don't wait on the team after a couple deaths. I get always waiting isn't ideal, but if you keep rushing back eventually you get too out of sync and as a support you essentially become useless unless you are Mercy and next to the best dps or the tank. This is just a learn to play issue and recognizing when everyone is out of sync.

Otherwise, most issues are being addressed, Sudden Death, Multi-Hero, and hopefully match making.

Ana, is a blast though if you play her correct. I saw too many folks in PTR playing her as mostly offense and not doing any healing. Wasting their grenade on solo enemies instead of dumping into a cluster fight and getting multi-bad guys and healing your team. Also, hipfire is where it is at for healing. Stay at around Hanzo range or Pharah, basically just far enough for your grenade to hit teamates, and hip fire and you can get some great healing and debuff enemies. And that sleep is a killer counter to so much stuff. See a hammer down? Stun Rein, same thing with Zarya, well any ult that immobilizes or leaves the caster open. The aim is a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it pretty handy little thing. Really enjoy Ana, and look forward to her hitting the match. This is without even discussing making walking gods out of tanks with her ult. Reinhardt Ana combo is pretty badass at the current run in tight places.
    There is a tab in social to see all the players you have recently played with for several games, send them a friends request and team back up. Boom, not only can you continue to play with them but you can play with them in the future when ever they are on.

People instapicking ana and then being really bad at her, oh my god that is the worst kind of player right now, games ruined because of so many players doing that

the problem is that most of the times you're not fighting people in your rank but 15 ranks above you 4 times in a row and you're expected to treat as normal because blizz thinks that its fun for the underdogs to have a chance at beating pros that in the end doesnt hapen
    I've only seen 5 above me in one fight so far, so you are just exaggerating. Also, the higher their level the more rank points you will get if you win and the less you will lose if you lose. When you exaggerate it makes it impossible to take anything you say seriously because I would always have to guess if you are being truthful or blowing things out of porportion.

While there was a Dva, McCree, and Ana in every QM I played last night, there was ever only one of each, which was surprising. Anywho, Dva actually has claws now and I have to make active efforts to keep her away from me as Support. I barely paid her any notice before this patch. I was actually killed by her ult twice last night.

McCree killed me all over the place last night, usually with LMB.

Ana is fun. I stayed about where I would with Mercy, maybe a little bit behind. I'm a terrible shot but her weapon is very forgiving. At one point I forgot she has a scope on her gun. Ana's ult is very good at clearing dug in defenders, almost too good. I need to remember to use her grenade more. One match, as Lucio, I used my Amp It Up ability and then I got hit with that biotic grenade and then dispatched by a Pharah missile. I felt awful afterwards because I didn't realize what was happening at the time.

I'm seeing more Zens too.

These are very good balance changes, in my opinion. Hopefully this will help keep the teams fun and diverse.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've only seen 5 above me in one fight so far, so you are just exaggerating. Also, the higher their level the more rank points you will get if you win and the less you will lose if you lose. When you exaggerate it makes it impossible to take anything you say seriously because I would always have to guess if you are being truthful or blowing things out of porportion.
    if you dont want to believe me thats fine but i am telling the truth. and yes we would only lose an inch, but the morale drops farther than the rank when you get curbstomped to death.

one of the guys we usualy end up fighting is a guy called vstabi. know what rank he is in ps4 bracket? 29, know what my rank in ps4 is? 3299. tell me thats balanced dude
    Last edited by Mordin Solus; 2016-07-20 at 01:37 PM.