Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    And the GOP criticizes them every time.
    Thats called politics, welcome to America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    believe it or not there are people that still prefer cruz. like the racist that talked in that interview yesterday.
    Cruz was basically the evangelicals dream candidate. But they don't represent enough of the party to carry the nomination, hence Cruz losing.

Let's face it -- if it was Cruz vs Clinton it wouldn't even be a contest. Cruz would lose by astronomical amounts given how radical and evangelical he is. Trump, at least, has a broader more populist appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

The speech she gives is very emotional and powerful.
    That is exactly why they had her talk. This poor woman lost her son and wants someone to blame since Hilary was the one who talked to her and mentioned a video being the cause this lady blames her since others were told different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah, like the typical "parade of victims" that the Dems always trot out at their conventions sobbing over what Republican and conservative ideas have done to them isn't vastly more terrible.
    yeah we'll hear stories next week from black mothers that lost their children to the police. which nobody in washington is responsible for. I will listen to them nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Funny thing is, they keep bringing up this witch hunt, and I all I am talking about is what actually happened. Like I give a shit that partisan politicians try to throw each other under the bus.
    I seriously doubt that you don't have any political motivation for continuing to talk about it years later. Benghazi has had highly disproportionate attention compared to every other embassy and consulate attack over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Cruz was basically the evangelicals dream candidate. But they don't represent enough of the party to carry the nomination, hence Cruz losing.

Let's face it -- if it was Cruz vs Clinton it wouldn't even be a contest. Cruz would lose by astronomical amounts given how radical and evangelical he is. Trump, at least, has a broader more populist appeal.
    they dropped romney so obama won.

10+ Year Old Account
    well people didn't want bernard. i think he would've gotten killed if he were elected though.
    I think people say that about every candidate. People kept saying Obama would be assassinated by some racist somewhere but as far as I know there hasn't been a credible attempt, much less any real success.

I think people get wound up when they see an alternative, but when it's all said and done they just loudly grumble about how awful everything is.

- - - Updated - - -

they dropped romney so obama won.
    "they" being the evangelicals?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I seriously doubt that you don't have any political motivation for continuing to talk about it years later. Benghazi has had highly disproportionate attention compared to every other embassy and consulate attack over the years.
    If Hillary wasn't running for President, there would be no reason to bring up Benghazi, it just shows you how she miss handles things. She should not be given the power of the President, and this doesn't mean I support Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    The timeline as I understand it means they could have. They got word relatively immediately and if they would have left right away, as they are trained to do, they could have arrived by the time things really kicked off.

That's how I understand it though. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.
    According to the article you posted earlier:

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...says/86478466/

It was 6 hours after initial informing of the attack that the C-130s arrived in Rota, Spain to be able to go to Benghazi. Benghazi itself is 2,000 miles from Rota. The attack began around 3:40 PM. At least 3 Americans were dead by 6 PM. We don't know when Chris Stevens died, but we do know he was dead by 8:30 PM. Even if the FAST crew hadn't had to wait 6 hours for the C-130 to arrive, it would have taken longer for the C-130 to fly the 2000 miles (at a top speed of 368 MPH, that's 5.4 hours, not counting taxiing, liftoff, landing, etc.) than it took for the terrorists to kill the Americans. And that's if they were already on the C-130 taxiing when the attack began. Presumably they didn't receive word at that very instant.

Seems to me based on those numbers, there's no way they could have arrived in time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I think people say that about every candidate. People kept saying Obama would be assassinated by some racist somewhere but as far as I know there hasn't been a credible attempt, much less any real success.

I think people get wound up when they see an alternative, but when it's all said and done they just loudly grumble about how awful everything is.
    obama didn't rock the boat. he spent 4 years in squander after not really doing that much when he congress on his side for the most part in his first term. i saw parallels to kennedy in the sanders campaign. maybe that is what makes me think this way?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Hillary wasn't running for President, there would be no reason to bring up Benghazi, it just shows you how she miss handles things. She should not be given the power of the President, and this doesn't mean I support Trump
    That's all well and good to state, but you will either have Trump or Clinton in the white house. So you can make these sorts of "I don't support either" statements, but they are essentially meaningless. And if you are voting Trump to keep Clinton out of the white house then of course you are supporting Trump.

So after complaining about partisans fucking this up, you admit right here that it's still being dragged along for pretty much the most partisan reason there is: to damage a presidential candidate.

For fucks sake, I'm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

watched the whole RNC. I still can't believe half the shit i heard or saw.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    obama didn't rock the boat. he spent 4 years in squander after not really doing that much when he congress on his side for the most part. i saw parallels to kennedy in sanders campaign.
    Is this about the whole supermajority myth? The one he only had for what was it...89 days?

Whether you consider it good or bad it seemed pretty obvious Obama wanted to try to get bipartisan action and wasn't willing to just unilaterally act on everything. Clearly that's no longer the case. You can't help but wonder what 2012 would have been like had Obama acted in his first term like he has in his second.

- - - Updated - - -

"they" being the evangelicals?
    oh yeah the puritans backed off from him when it came time to vote. it's a major reason why he lost. trump is trying to not make the same mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah the puritans backed off from him when it came time to vote. it's a major reason why he lost. trump is trying to not make the same mistake.
    Frankly I don't see how he's going to get the puritan vote. He's not only been married multiple times but quote openly cheated and boasted about cheating. He's obviously not religious to anyone who cares (hello "two corinthians") and much of the way he's carried out his business goes against many religious values.

Clinton has a real opportunity during the debates to erode his support with the evangelicals.

My parents are SUPER religious and they are considering staying home because Trump is so against their views. They say the only reason they'd vote this time around is to deny Clinton the presidency...and they'd do so extremely reluctantly.

Is this about the whole supermajority myth? The one he only had for what was it...89 days?

Whether you consider it good or bad it seemed pretty obvious Obama wanted to try to get bipartisan action and wasn't willing to just unilaterally act on everything. Clearly that's no longer the case. You can't help but wonder what 2012 would have been like had Obama acted in his first term like he has in his second.
    like i said he didn't rock the boat too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly I don't see how he's going to get the puritan vote. He's not only been married multiple times but quote openly cheated and boasted about cheating. He's obviously not religious to anyone who cares (hello "two corinthians") and much of the way he's carried out his business goes against many religious values.

Clinton has a real opportunity during the debates to erode his support with the evangelicals.

My parents are SUPER religious and they are considering staying home because Trump is so against their views. They say the only reason they'd vote this time around is to deny Clinton the presidency...and they'd do so extremely reluctantly.
    Me neither but he is trying to sway them. I mean the guy really has no history either with them.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-07-19 at 05:24 PM.

That's all well and good to state, but you will either have Trump or Clinton in the white house. So you can make these sorts of "I don't support either" statements, but they are essentially meaningless. And if you are voting Trump to keep Clinton out of the white house then of course you are supporting Trump.
    It's not meaningless because when I ever attack one, the reply I get is "well the other did this" like I give a fuck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So after complaining about partisans fucking this up, you admit right here that it's still being dragged along for pretty much the most partisan reason there is: to damage a presidential candidate.

For fucks sake, I'm done.
    Are you saying you can't admit to that and also still agree she fucked things up?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not meaningless because when I ever attack one, the reply I get is "well the other did this" like I give a fuck
    Well yeah, it's a bit strange that the political discourse seems to allow for bad behavior to be negated if you can find it done by the other team.

"Well, sure, Biden got drunk and ran over a group of kids, but hey, Rubio did it too so no big deal right?"

Very strange. Hopefully we'll turn a corner soon where we just expect and demand good behavior from our politicians and if we don't get it there are consequences as the ballot box.

The problems are the attenuation between blaming HRC and the parading of grief. The Benghazi mourners assessed blame to Clinton ... based on what? The 8 congressional investigations never actually blamed HRC for what happened. State wanted a light footprint operation with the CIA providing residual security, and then they got burned (7 state personnel versus 35 CIA personnel 1 mile away). Just because Smith's grief is genuine, doesn't make her blaming HRC legitimate. The RNC convention planners are intentionally using Smith's unassailable grief as a way to sneak in blaming HRC even though the congressional investigations found otherwise. Try to keep in mind that Secretary of State has zero troops at his/her command. Patreaus/CIA, Panneta/DOD, and President Obama all talked about this the night of and directed the general in charge to use all available assets.