Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Howsabout you have a heart and stop using her like a tool for your cheap political tactics.
    Once again, how do you not understand free will. If the woman didn't want to be up there she wouldn't be. No one held a gun to her head. Whatever she said, she believes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about dude? I am leaving politics out of this discussion all together. The person who keeps talking about Politics is YOU, jackass. Pull your head out of your ass and re-read what Ive been saying. Im talking about compassion for the woman losing her child, politics aside.
    Bullshit you are...and the proof is in your forum hitory.!when have you or the OP EVER showed/made a thread showing regret for somebody on a forum that wasn't sone bullshit attempt to frame Hillary up.

No sir, stop whoring her out for your own self-deluded political self-righteousness, usung us calling her being used like a shield by you to cowardly hide behind like a calloused hide of fictional "SJW justice".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Once again, how do you not understand free will. If the woman didn't want to be up there she wouldn't be. No one held a gun to her head. Whatever she said, she believes it.
    And next week you will say nothing of BLM when DNC trots out victims of gun violence? You know, free will and all that...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So let's call it terrible when it happens. Rather than play the "bu bu bu but they would do it too" game.

Call it terrible. Let's all agree for once.
    I'd agree with you there.

The entire slant of my post is that this thread was started by someone who clearly has a bias against the RNC, they didn't mention that the DNC does the same, so of course many responses are going to explain that this is a common DNC tactic, which they use much more often than the RNC. I'm not excusing the RNC for doing it, I'm attacking someone who clearly doesn't understand their own party and it's politics.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-07-19 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Bullshit you are...and the proof is in your forum hitory.!when have you or the OP EVER showed/made a thread showing regret for somebody on a forum that wasn't sone bullshit attempt to frame Hillary up.

No sir, stop whoring her out for your own self-deluded political self-righteousness, usung us calling her being used like a shield by you to cowardly hide behind like a calloused hide of fictional "SJW justice".
    Dude you seriously need to take a step back. I haven't once been apart of any discussion regarding Hilary so what are you talking about? You mistaken me for someone else? I've never once been in any discussion about Hilary. I'm not even talking about politics in my responses at all. I've specifically talked about the woman losing her child, political agenda aside. Dude you need to ummmm take a step back because you're confusing me with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    And next week you will say nothing of BLM when DNC trots out victims of gun violence? You know, free will and all that...
    I will not say "man I wish these democrats would stop using these poor black people for their own gain!" I'm not saying anything about the content of her opinion, or if I agree with it, I AM saying don't act like she is being taken advantage of.

10+ Year Old Account
    The woman is a known outspoken critic of Hillary Clinton. It's not the first time she's blamed Hillary for her sons death, and it won't be the last.

The members of the GOP have free will too, you know. And they used theirs to knowingly give this woman a platform to blame Hillary Clinton. Just despicable.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Negotiations between the two parties resulted in two packages of amendments to the rules on filibusters being approved by the Senate on January 25, 2013.[38] Changes to the standing orders affecting just the 2013-14 Congress were passed by a vote of 78 to 16, allowing the Senate majority leader to prohibit a filibuster on a motion to begin consideration of a bill.[38] Changes to the permanent Senate rules were passed by a vote of 86 to 9.[38] The changes occurred through Senate Resolution 15 and Senate Resolution 16; Senate Resolution 15 applies only to the 113th session, while Senate Resolution 16 changed two standing rules of the Senate.[39]

That's 2013. Then in 2015 those rules were made permanent.

Not really. The changed them in 2013 to prevent the thing you're talking about from happening again like it did in the 111th congress.
    I see. I must have learned about it before 2013. It's bizarre how the Senate seems to write their rules based on whoever benefits the most from them at the time, instead of taking the longer view of how it affects the legislative process regardless of which party is in power.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not say "man I wish these democrats would stop using these poor black people for their own gain!" I'm not saying anything about the content of her opinion, or if I agree with it, I AM saying don't act like she is being taken advantage of.
    Than your free will commentary makes no sense. The RNC had the free will to tell her they don't want to use her son's death for political gain. Free will and being taken advantage of, are not mutually exclusive.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I see. I must have learned about it before 2013. It's bizarre how the Senate seems to write their rules based on whoever benefits the most from them at the time, instead of taking the longer view of how it affects the legislative process regardless of which party is in power.
    That became evidently clear when the Nuclear Option was passed by Harry Reid and the Democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I am not talking about her having compassion, I am talking about US, the people having this conversation on this website, having compassion for her losing her child. Yes, I see the point of why they brought her on stage, to smear Clinton for being the responsible one for getting her child killed which to some is questionable but there's already been proof that she was the one responsible(but this is an entirely different conversation that I won't get into). People are fuckin blasting the lady who lost her child which is wrong.

Jesus Christ, having a conversation with people on this forum is like talking to a 2 year old child. Its pointless. Let me smash my face into a wall for Christ sake. This is why I don't like getting involved in discussions that involve politics because there's never an end to it. Its all opinions that get people no where and turn into heated arguments.
    She agreed to using her son's death in this way. That makes her just as culpable for politicizing her son's death as the people running the convention. If she wanted compassion, she shouldn't have gotten on the stage. Also, "there's already been proof that she was the one responsible..." No, there hasn't. You know who was responsible? The fucking terrorists who attacked the compound.

I can simultaneously have compassion for the woman's loss while thinking she and the GOP are being incredibly inappropriate by using her son's death to score political points (about a thing that's nonsense to begin with).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    That became evidently clear when the Nuclear Option was passed by Harry Reid and the Democrats.
    Sure. Both parties do it.

It just seems bizarre and short sighted to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The rules we're talking about were passed 86-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    She agreed to using her son's death in this way. That makes her just as culpable for politicizing her son's death as the people running the convention. If she wanted compassion, she shouldn't have gotten on the stage. Also, "there's already been proof that she was the one responsible..." No, there hasn't. You know who was responsible? The fucking terrorists who attacked the compound.

I can simultaneously have compassion for the woman's loss while thinking she and the GOP are being incredibly inappropriate by using her son's death to score political points (about a thing that's nonsense to begin with).
    I agree with your last sentence. It's not right to use it for a political agenda. But to flat-out call her all sorts of disrespectful names is flat-out wrong, I don't care what way you slice it(Talking about people in a general sense. Not specifically targeting you). When people do that, it shows you're saying to yourself "boo hoo you lost a kid". I agree, no one was holding a gun to her to speak. She did that herself.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-07-19 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That nuclear option was used as far back as 1917, before nuclear weapons were even invented. Stop using fearmongering...

They were given the chance with Cindy Sheehan, but didn't do it. They will do it with relatives of gun violence, but I really doubt a single one will blame Trump or any member of GOP by name... Bush included... Here is Sheehan's reaction, notice the difference from OP and read about how GOP dragged her through the mud:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Sheehan
    You could say 9/11 was more convoluted, but yeah the Dems could have rushed out many partisans for a invasion that should have never happened. I will wait for the Hillary voted for Iraq War rant from somebody.

Than your free will commentary makes no sense. The RNC had the free will to tell her they don't want to use her son's death for political gain. Free will and being taken advantage of, are not mutually exclusive.
    So now it's the her taking advantage of the RNC? And I make no sense?

So now it's the her taking advantage of the RNC? And I make no sense?
    It's still the RNC taking advantage here. It reads like that fairly clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's still the RNC taking advantage here. It reads like that fairly clearly.
    That is not what Felya said, and that is not what's actually happening here, and even if it were, who cares.

That is not what Felya said, and that is not what's actually happening here, and even if it were, who cares.
    Yes, it is. I mean, we can wait and have him say that the woman has her free will to speak at the convention, and she's being taken advantage of while exercising her free will, again; you can just trust me; or you can go over the quote chain again and get a firm grasp on the conversation you were having. That is what's happening here. And apparently you care, because you're having this conversation with him.

Wooooooooo Benghazi \o/