Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Manafort claimed earlier in the day he was reviewing the speech according to the folks on MSNBC. Matters not. If I was going to let him on the stage I would demand it well before time. The campaign is run by children.

Edit:

Sources: Cruz agreed to speak at RNC on condition he could say what he wanted, told Trump in face-to-face meeting in DC he wouldn't endorse.
    Eli Stokols, Politico

Why would they agree to such conditions? I would have told Cruz to fuck off.

Another edit.

A tweet from Trump:
    Wow, Ted Cruz got booed off the stage, didn't honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!

/facepalm. If I were Pence I would catch a disease about now.
    Good god.
    They'd better hope the unfuck this goat before the general really gets underway
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Well Trump is saying he might not honor NATO commitments if Russia invades a member nation.

10+ Year Old Account

Why would they agree to such conditions? I would have told Cruz to fuck off.
    Basically, what the entire convention has been about? Pure and simple drama. Last night was boring and views dropped, today there's a Cruz stirring things up. There's really not a lot of actual contention that can be produced from an event like this.... so ultimately it has to be either dredged up (Clinton and Benghazi and such), or by letting someone looking for a fight in to make a speech.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Well Trump is saying he might not honor NATO commitments if Russia invades a member nation.
    Yeah that is just stunning. Had interesting comments on Turkey as well. However the Nato member's are prepared for this.

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Why would they agree to such conditions?
    The Trump Campaign has been wildly incompetent so far, why would that change tonight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Basically, what the entire convention has been about? Pure and simple drama. Last night was boring and views dropped, today there's a Cruz stirring things up. There's really not a lot of actual contention that can be produced from an event like this.... so ultimately it has to be either dredged up (Clinton and Benghazi and such), or by letting someone looking for a fight in to make a speech.
    I don't think you could plan this even if you wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The Trump Campaign has been wildly incompetent so far, why would that change tonight?
    I guess but I know if I make a mistake I work overtime to make damn well sure it won't happen again. I am beginning to believe the folks who think Trump wants to lose.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

- - - Updated - - -

I guess but I know if I make a mistake I work overtime to make damn well sure it won't happen again. I am beginning to believe the folks who think Trump wants to lose.
    His campaign is having a serious problem staffing up and his current attempts at sueing whats his face for breaking an NDA isn't going to help. If they win it'll be despite their organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't? What do you think the entire premise of Jerry Springer was? You don't need a script to make people do or anything. You just need to set up a situation where drama will roll out on its own. Them knowing that Cruz would refuse to endorse him but allowing him to speak makes sense based on everything this convention has been about.

You can't? What do you think the entire premise of Jerry Springer was? You don't need a script to make people do or anything. You just need to set up a situation where drama will roll out on its own. Them knowing that Cruz would refuse to endorse him but allowing him to speak makes sense based on everything this convention has been about.
    What I found more sick than the Booing was when Sellout Christie launched into that Kangaroo Court of an audience getting them to chant "GUILTY! GUILTY!" and "LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!". Christ, you just needed pitchforks and torches to make that image perfect. Way to set us back to the 18th century there, tubby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Christie, Ingram, Pence...did it sound to anyone else like a lot of today's speakers were addressing the whole "honor your pledge" bit? Cruz must have done some damage. When was the last convention where that happened? It sure won't happen at the DNC.

Also, didn't Trump himself already break the same pledge? Didn't all of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What I found more sick than the Booing was when Sellout Christie launched into that Kangaroo Court of an audience getting them to chant "GUILTY! GUILTY!" and "LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!". Christ, you just needed pitchforks and torches to make that image perfect. Way to set us back to the 18th century there, tubby!
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S5ANBGm9J...33548969_n.jpg this image pretty much sums up my thoughts on Chris Christie. Anything that he says really doesn't mean anything... he's a little water boy now. Even if Trump wins, he's only ever going to be remembered as a little yapping lap dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's hilarious how glass his house was when he did that.

"What we should do, is take someone who's been publicly accused of, but legally never charged with, and in fact had law enforcement explain the inability to charge with, a crime, and throw them in jail!"
    "What if they murdered a ninety-one year old woman for purely political spite?"
    "Uh...gotta go, bye!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Trump planned the entire thing personally. Pretty clearly upstaged Cruz at the very end. I think it was a move to try and damage Cruz so he couldn't pull a Reagen 1976. Trumps a showman, and one thing showmanship know is timing

Although Cruz is so unlike able, unlike Reagen, that I don't think he could have pulled that off anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I think Trump planned the entire thing personally. Pretty clearly upstaged Cruz at the very end. I think it was a move to try and damage Cruz so he couldn't pull a Reagen 1976. Trumps a showman, and one thing showmanship know is timing

Although Cruz is so unlike able, unlike Reagen, that I don't think he could have pulled that off anyways.
    I vote we deport ted cruz back to his homeland of canada. I used to like ted cruz also. He reminds me of judas from the last supper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I vote we deport ted cruz back to his homeland of canada. I used to like ted cruz also.
    Possibly the only thing I may agree with you on

People didn't go on the Jerry Springer Show to convince America that they should be voted into high governmental office. They went on the Jerry Springer Show because it was an all-expenses-paid trip to Chicago.

This doesn't preclude the possibility that the Trump campaign knew that Cruz would cause a very public ruckus and agreed to it anyway, but they're dumber than a shithouse rat if that is, in fact, the case. Pence made his debut as the official Vice Presidential nominee of the Republican Party tonight... you think his speech is the one that's going to be remembered and talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    People didn't go on the Jerry Springer Show to convince America that they should be voted into high governmental office. They went on the Jerry Springer Show because it was an all-expenses-paid trip to Chicago.

This doesn't preclude the possibility that the Trump campaign knew that Cruz would cause a very public ruckus and agreed to it anyway, but they're dumber than a shithouse rat if that is, in fact, the case. Pence made his debut as the official Vice Presidential nominee of the Republican Party tonight... you think his speech is the one that's going to be remembered and talked about?
    It makes no sense. It's Trump's convention. He's got control over it. If you attacked someone's wife's looks, accused his dad of being in cahoots with Lee Harvey Oswald, and called them Lyin' Ted 10,00 times in front of every camera in every state for 4 months, why in the world would expect that he would have anything good to say about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    It makes no sense. It's Trump's convention. He's got control over it. If you attacked someone's wife's looks, accused his dad of being in cahoots with Lee Harvey Oswald, and called them Lyin' Ted 10,00 times in front of every camera in every state for 4 months, why in the world would expect that he would have anything good to say about you.
    A mix of courting the Texas delegates and trying for one last humiliation is most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I'm assuming this is by other Americans right? Or Obesity?
    Muslims from Pakistan according to Newt. Couldn't rule out a nuclear attack on American soil by his account.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    A mix of courting the Texas delegates and trying for one last humiliation is most likely.
    Thankfully, I'm guessing Trump's got some more self humiliations in store for the next 3 months.