Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Why would Russia benefit from destabilisation?
    The more time and energy EU using on tackle refugee problem, the less time and energy is over to tackle Russia use hybrid war against its neighbors problem.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    The more time and energy EU using on tackle refugee problem, the less time and energy is over to tackle Russia use hybrid war against its neighbors problem.
    You mean, if it wasn't for pesky refugees, EU would instead of sanctions.... do what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You mean, if it wasn't for pesky refugees, EU would instead of sanctions.... do what exactly?
    Write angrily-worded letters.

Deleted
    This is absolute nonsense. We still have sanctions on, and yes, Europe can do many things simultaneously, what isimplistic view is this

Deleted
    Now we are in What if territories. More political and economic suport to Ukraine, press for more countries join the sanctions. I know its hard to see becuse EU almost never use its economy might, but make its "displeasure" known to countries that supporting Russia.

I know that you refuse to see it but Russia IS running out of money, The economy is still shrinking despite the fact that Russia is pouring huge amount of money into the economy, thats unsustainable. Putin or more likly his successor will cave in to get the sanctions lifted.

- - - Updated - - -

This is absolute nonsense. We still have sanctions on, and yes, Europe can do many things simultaneously, what isimplistic view is this
    Can you paint the house and do the a flower garden at the same time? Yes, can you do a better flower garden if you do not distact yourself with painting the house? Yes.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-07-21 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Now we are in What if territories. More political and economic suport to Ukraine, press for more countries join the sanctions. I know its hard to see becuse EU almost never use its economy might, but make its "displeasure" known to countries that supporting Russia.

I know that you refuse to see it but Russia IS running out of money, The economy is still shrinking despite the fact that Russia is pouring huge amount of money into the economy, thats unsustainable. Putin or more likly his successor will cave in to get the sanctions lifted.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you paint the house and do the a flower garden at the same time? Yes, can you do a better flower garden if you do not distact yourself with painting the house? Yes.
    What reasons would there be behind an increasing of sanction and political/economical support to a country everyone is avoiding like the plague?
    So what you're saying is that if there wasn't a refugee crisis, we'd be waging economic war to Russia in retaliation to.... What, Crimea?

Putin had the means: There was a revolution going on in Syria, Syrian Sunnis tired of years of terrorism from Assad's Shiite President were rebelling. Assad and Assad's dad had been allies of Russia for years. With a little coaching, Putin could coach Assad into driving the Sunnis from Syria with terror, sending them fleeing into Europe as refugees. This would destabilize Europe, right wing parties would come to power, the brexit vote was very close, you can't tell me the refugee crisis didn't shift the vote by a few percentage points to "leave".

Putin had the motive: Bloody Europe's nose, teach Europe not to mess with Russia or more was to come. And it was Putin's way of retaliating for the sanctions on Ukraine and Crimea.

Putin's KGB, KGB do stuff like this all the time, he was trained in such tactics.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    He's behind my ice-cream melting on my way home last week for sure.
    PPPPUUUUTTTTIIIINNNNN!!!!!!

that monster!

There were elections and Assad won.

- - - Updated - - -

Stable country like Libya?
    "Won"

As long as you allow Assad to run. ...and if those could be won by someone else there would be no need for "Assad must go" mantra.

As i said, bonus. If it gets us cooperation with EU or NATO it's good. If it doesn't it's still fine.
    Why would you not? Unless he's committed war crimes and needs to be put on trial. Hard to run for president then, right?

While you might want better relations with the EU, the ones in charge in your country sure does not act like they want the same thing.

Deleted
    I honestly doubt Russia or Putin is behind the refugee crisis.
    In case you haven't noticed, refugees have been crossing Russia's borders as well on their way to Scandinavian countries.
    Furthermore, Russian refugees are also seeking asylum in European countries, which Putin probably finds inconvenient because of several reasons ranging from: spilling government secrets to just Russia losing population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    I honestly doubt Russia or Putin is behind the refugee crisis.
    In case you haven't noticed, refugees have been crossing Russia's borders as well on their way to Scandinavian countries.
    he is not mastermind behind it but enhance it, do you realy think russia would let in thousands of peopel in to russia widout paper and let them travel to Finland and Norway widout his blessing....

Deleted
    he is not mastermind behind it but enhance it, do you realy think russia would let in thousands of peopel in to russia widout paper and let them travel to Finland and Norway widout his blessing....
    Okay, let's go with it for a second.
    What exactly is his end game? What does he stand to benefit from it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Okay, let's go with it for a second.
    What exactly is his end game? What does he stand to benefit from it?
    As I posted before a EU who is busy with the refugee crisis, have less time and energy to tackle Putins hybrid war against its neighbors.

Russia's and Syria's bombing policies didn't help the refugee Crisis. It pretty much boosted the refugee rate. It was intentional. They aren't behind it, but Russia did their best to increase the amount of refugees.

The chance of massive refugee waves being the newest and evilest plan yet by the bourgeois seems to me greater than a collaboration between assad and putin. However it's more of a coincidence that they take advantage of than caused themselves. It's a simple way to divide and ruin the middle class.

The bourgeois wants Europe to go the way of US with worker rights, unions and wage suppression and by essentially letting huge numbers of low/middle class people migrate these classes grow to be far bigger than jobs can sustain and with this new growing unemployment buffer they argue to lower wages to "create more jobs" and to make it easier to employ, in other words make the middle class poorer and kill unions.

Feels a bit off-topic now
    Last edited by Saft; 2016-07-21 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Putin had the means: There was a revolution going on in Syria, Syrian Sunnis tired of years of terrorism from Assad's Shiite President were rebelling. Assad and Assad's dad had been allies of Russia for years. With a little coaching, Putin could coach Assad into driving the Sunnis from Syria with terror, sending them fleeing into Europe as refugees. This would destabilize Europe, right wing parties would come to power, the brexit vote was very close, you can't tell me the refugee crisis didn't shift the vote by a few percentage points to "leave".

Putin had the motive: Bloody Europe's nose, teach Europe not to mess with Russia or more was to come. And it was Putin's way of retaliating for the sanctions on Ukraine and Crimea.

Putin's KGB, KGB do stuff like this all the time, he was trained in such tactics.
    Why would Assad destroy his own country for this absurd plan? Why would Russia destabilise his main trade partner? How does your theory deal with the refugees coming from Afghanistan Iraq and Libya?

Deleted
    A few times already, the idea that Putin and Assad are masterminding the refugee crisis has been posted on various threads.
    I'd be interested in listening to your opinion.
    If possible, in a civil manner.

I find the idea ridiculous. In my opinion, the refugee crisis is connected to the destabilisation of countries that were playing a key role in migration patterns, like Libya, Iraq and Syria. All countries that were absorbing workers and keeping theirs in.

What do you guys think?
    That seems very unlikely, but you never know. Especially when NGOs sponsored by infamous George Soros were placing posters in Iraq and Syria telling in arabic how much benefits they will get in Germany / Sweden. There was also this french ambassador in Turkey who was running a company selling boats to human trafficers.

It's possible that Putin might be involved in some way - especially when refugee crisis disrups Europe' unity, however there is no evidence I'm aware of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Won"

Why would you not? Unless he's committed war crimes and needs to be put on trial. Hard to run for president then, right?

While you might want better relations with the EU, the ones in charge in your country sure does not act like they want the same thing.
    Are you aware of the Qatari sponsored opinion poll that pointed at Assad having good ratings at home during the war?
    Now this is a qatari sponsored poll. The guys that are arming wahhabist children-beheading "moderate" rebel groups to destabilise Assad, just to give you a bit of context.

It wasn't their main objective. But i guess they are rubbing their hands when it happens.

Deleted
    As I posted before a EU who is busy with the refugee crisis, have less time and energy to tackle Putins hybrid war against its neighbors.
    And what do you feel the EU would have done differently had the refugee crisis not happened? Would we have gone to war for Ukraine/Moldova/Georgia?
    Is there anything more than the EU can do other than sanction Russia economically seeing as it is an economic union and not much else?