10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main problem is that for a lot of athletes money they get paid and their contract equals respect and standing. If they earn less than someone they consider worse than them, it apparently hurts their pride. Hence hold outs, and bargaining for top dollar. They want to show they're the best, in everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baseball doesn't have a salary cap and only some of the high spending teams do well, plus when the NFL had an uncapped year Washngton and Dallas spent big and it didn't do them much good. The NFL is better off with a cap but it wouldn't be too much of a disaster without one.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Baseball doesn't have a salary cap and only some of the high spending teams do well, plus when the NFL had an uncapped year Washngton and Dallas spent big and it didn't do them much good. The NFL is better off with a cap but it wouldn't be too much of a disaster without one.
    Well to be fair most teams were aware they would be punished if they broke that 'uncapped year' in the NFL and after the labor negotiations happened they came back and slapped Dallas and Washington with some penalties. It wasn't a true 'free for all' uncapped kind of year.

Arian Foster signing with Miami, would be cool if he is/stays healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Arian Foster signing with Miami, would be cool if he is/stays healthy.
    Would be quite the curveball if Foster just up and had an injury free season for once, but smart money says he'll be injured sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Would be quite the curveball if Foster just up and had an injury free season for once, but smart money says he'll be injured sooner or later.
    Yeah I would love to see that. I've had him in my fantasy team like 4 out of the 6 years that I've played and he's gotten hurt every single year. Sucks because he is such a beast on the field when he stays healthy, he just never seems to be able to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peanut Tillman just retired and made a vid about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8K_...ature=youtu.be

Lots of Peanut Punch xD

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for Fantasy honestly.

Everyone laughed at Team Booty, but we should've been in the finals. Lost semis by a 3rd of a point.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Olympic/NFL news, couple of players are heading to RIO. Jahvid Best has been picked for the ST Lucia track and field team for the 100 meters and Patriot Nate Ebner is in for the US sevens rugby team along with Carlin Isles (was a part of the wider 2013 Lions squad but got no game time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    In Olympic/NFL news, couple of players are heading to RIO. Jahvid Best has been picked for the ST Lucia track and field team for the 100 meters and Patriot Nate Ebner is in for the US sevens rugby team along with Carlin Isles (was a part of the wider 2013 Lions squad but got no game time).
    Nate Ebner has been one of our stand out Special Teams players, a Safety (of course he's a safety). He used to be on the US 7's team when he was in his youth and only stopped when he walked on at OSU. Got team captain there and only now after several years on the Patriots did he pick up Rugby again (even though he was always involved with it as a supporter and a guest at events).

It's fun for him being part of an olympic team and chasing that honor. They're playing from 6-11 August and he should join the Patriots again after that is done, which is still in time to hopefully do some work in Training camp and make the team. For Ebner's specific role as a Special Team's player, I don't think he'll have too hard a time catching on again with the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Errr, that was pretty much gone already after that game with Norman last year. Beckham is a VERY talented WR, but he's pretty small in the mental aspects so far. Would not surprise me to see him blow games cause he's getting taken out by a CB that's gotten to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy keeps saying that he doesn't like the spotlight and doesn't want attention, yet he seems to be the one always making things about himself.

Here's a video of him jumping on top of a car and taking pictures/selfies in Germany as people chanted his name. This happened last weekend btw so still pretty recent. So much for not looking for attention

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH7oZKdAuu2/

Definitely very talented but needs to grow up a bit. The recent fame seems to have gotten to his head.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.endzonescore.com/should-j...eg-hardy/39279

Jags working out Hardy.

Jags are doing business. They grow enough of a pair and sign him and they're division champs

10+ Year Old Account
    Made all the right decisions in the off-season, then got drunk one night apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made all the right decisions in the off-season, then got drunk one night apparently.
    Yeah, I really hope they don't sign him. Shitbag shouldn't be making millions.

Speaking of which, Ray Rice wants to come back to the NFL. Stating he would donate all of his NFL salary to charity.

JJ Watt will miss all of training camp at least after a very recent back injury that required surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright! What team am I going to support this year? Who's looking strong, in an underdog way! :P

EDIT: guess I could have just looked at the OP. I was thinking Seattle, because I like the city and always wanted to go there! But they're favorites? I can't bandwagon the favorite! xD
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-07-22 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Alright! What team am I going to support this year? Who's looking strong, in an underdog way! :P

EDIT: guess I could have just looked at the OP. I was thinking Seattle, because I like the city and always wanted to go there! But they're favorites? I can't bandwagon the favorite! xD
    Arizona Cardinals. Most likely team to win the Superbowl with an underdog vibe. They have great players, great coach. If you want to know more about them, they even have a TV programme running right now where they were followed for all of last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you be an underdog coming off a 13 win season and a division title? They played in the conference championship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...78456532045824

Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell facing a four-game suspension for violation of the NFL’s drug policy, per @DanGrazianoESPN. It's over missed test.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Can you be an underdog coming off a 13 win season and a division title? They played in the conference championship.
    Well, he said "Who's looking strong" and then added "In an underdog way". I figured the "strong" part was mroe important. If he;s looking for an underdog that might be strong too, you get the Raiders I suppose. Jaguars, perhaps?

With the Cardinals the division games might be interesting though, playing Seattle and the 49'ers (who let Jared Hayne go, I believe). On the other hand the Raiders get to play the current Superbowl Champion twice, so.

There's things to be said for both.