Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so im like 4 lines into that article, and im just going to skip the rest and ask "is this real?"

$60k a yewar to attend, to some uni's in USA really cost that much?
    and what sort of uni would have a social justice institute?

and really, cancelling classes because because of this? i'd be so pissed if i paid that much to go to a uni, and they cancel my classes because some of the children there need coddling.

again i didnt read the article past like the first 4 lines, so i might have the wrong end of the stick here.
    whats even worse, is that in many universities, you're forced to attend some of these SJW classes, they make you take a certain amount of credit hours worth of SJW classes of your choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't have a problem with safe spaces or trigger warnings, but they should be in mental hospitals where they originated instead of fucking colleges.
    I agree that the use of the word "safe space" was poor in this case given what the original purpose of the place. Asking concerns about recent events.

Also just noticed what Nixx said, she/he is making another point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    At this rate, the Democratic Party slogan might as well be "Let's Make America Weak and Infantile"
    Why would the Democratic slogan be to make people Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Also, if you don't take the article at face value and go read the actual publication by the university, it seems minimizing on-campus activity is tied more to concerns that another shooting may take place due to recent events and the presence of the RNC and that counseling and safe spaces have more to do with the recent shootings than a mere inability to deal with the existence of Republicans.

But what do I know? I'm probably just a biased shill.
    That still sounds like a ridiculous reason to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people deserve to be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Why would the Democratic slogan be to make people Republican?
    I'm curious what a college activity has to do with either political party.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    whats even worse, is that in many universities, you're forced to attend some of these SJW classes, they make you take a certain amount of credit hours worth of SJW classes of your choice.
    Did you ever took an ethics class in university or religious class? Its not a big deal, in fact I wish we had more of them here its just free credits.

Deleted
    i thought my uni was bad with far left posters posted all over the campus, at least i havent been forced to attend any nonsense classes. yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    /shrug

I find it weird that people are so obsessive over every little thing other people do, frankly.
    The education of the next generation is important to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Did you ever took an ethics class in university or religious class? Its not a big deal, in fact I wish we had more of them here its just free credits.
    Yes, I took a ethics in law enforcement class, that counted towards the required credit type, I've also a taken world religions class too, but that was over 10 years ago.

lucky the ethics in law enforcement class was mainly made up of criminal justice majors who were trying to become cops, and taught by a former police captain.

If one reads the actual newsletter put out by the university they are offering and providing reduced activity because of potential civil unrest. Not because someone is offended by another person's voting choices.

i thought my uni was bad with far left posters posted all over the campus, at least i havent been forced to attend any nonsense classes. yet.
    I'm at Arizona State University, luckily its pretty balanced as far as a ideology goes. I was almost forced into a class called "critical whiteness", but changed my major and weaseled out of it.

So are we going to see mass suicides across university campuses when he wins?

Deleted
    I'm at Arizona State University, luckily its pretty balanced as far as a ideology goes. I was almost forced into a class called "critical whiteness", but changed my major and weaseled out of it.
    im really curious as to what critical whiteness is....

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If one reads the actual newsletter put out by the university they are offering and providing reduced activity because of potential civil unrest. Not because someone is offended by another person's voting choices.

Well, its civil unrest based on someone being offended by another person's voting choices.

Heaven forbid people protest in a civil manner.

- - - Updated - - -

im really curious as to what critical whiteness is....
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-on-campuses/

yeah, no thanks.

I refuse to enroll in any class that will attempt to make me feel guilty for being born a specific color, or hold me accountable for sins I wasn't alive to commit.
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2016-07-21 at 11:28 PM.

the articles sounded a bit biased to me, so I went off to google for other sources.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...under_fir.html

found this. a bit more comprehensive. classes are not being canceled, they are being held off site. part of the problem is that the university is actualy housing all the extra police officers, plus the national guard. they are one of 3 universities that are doing the housing AND moving classes offsight.

I'm guessing its the mention of safe space that set people off to single out this particular college? while I do think that president apologizing for daring to say that students should't assume that all cops are violent and racist - is ridiculous, but given that their concern seems to be centered around protesters potentially getting violent and endangering their students? this is nowhere near Mizzou levels of ridiculousness

- - - Updated - - -

Well, its civil unrest based on someone being offended by another person's voting choices.

Heaven forbid people protest in a civil manner.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-on-campuses/

yeah, no thanks
    they had KKK and Wesborough baptist church literally fighting and throwing urine at each other. I'm not sure that fits the definition of civil

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    At this rate, the Democratic Party slogan might as well be "Let's Make America Weak and Infantile"
    Because screaming hysterically about how you need to purchase assault rifles because terrorists are going to attack tomorrow your town deep in Alabama show total confidence and lack of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

Sigh, we could only hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the articles sounded a bit biased to me, so I went off to google for other sources.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...under_fir.html

found this. a bit more comprehensive. classes are not being canceled, they are being held off site. part of the problem is that the university is actualy housing all the extra police officers, plus the national guard. they are one of 3 universities that are doing the housing AND moving classes offsight.

I'm guessing its the mention of safe space that set people off to single out this particular college? while I do think that president apologizing for daring to say that students should't assume that all cops are violent and racist - is ridiculous, but given that their concern seems to be centered around protesters potentially getting violent and endangering their students? this is nowhere near Mizzou levels of ridiculousness

- - - Updated - - -

they had KKK and Wesborough baptist church literally fighting and throwing urine at each other. I'm not sure that fits the definition of civil
    Are they students?

The university reducing operations has nothing to do with voting choices though. It's just a safety measure during a volatile time currently.

The university does not control protests, civil unrest, rioting or anything of the sort. It's not relevant for them to care about the convention's affiliation, voters or how people protest. Only that their students and campus might be better served and safer during the convention with increased security measures in place.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    The alt right would be very annoyed : 99% of their program is about ''shooting in duh headz LULZ'' with their big manly guns liberals and minorities. Those damn kommunists would rob the proud aryan warriors of their due...