Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    As I see it, we have a party that loves America, waves USA flags around, and has a strong support for those who defend it. On the other hand, you have a party that often times has supporters who burn the American flag and say "America was Never Great."

All you need to know, really.
    All you need to know is that screaming you love America and waving flags means jack shit when you want to stomp on other people's rights.

I love America to an extreme, and I hate to see people want to fuck it up so bad. I hate to see people defend the corporate greed destroying this country and promoting a candidate who is the epitome of this. Yes, that's Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're saying is inconsistent.

Sorry, I don't buy the theory that everyone is out to get the blackman and those born with white skin should feel bad for being born. I can't find one law or commercial practice (legal) that actively discriminates.
    You're the only person I've ever seen saying white people should feel bad for being born white. (well, you and a few other conservatives) That and all the "mods hate me", you have a mega victim complex.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-22 at 01:02 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    As I see it, we have a party that loves America, waves USA flags around, and has a strong support for those who defend it. On the other hand, you have a party that often times has supporters who burn the American flag and say "America was Never Great."

All you need to know, really.
    Yeah, most people in North Korea love North Korea, wave North Korean flags around and have a strong support for those who defend it. On the other hand, you have a group of dissidents that often times have supporters who burn the North Korean flag and say, "North Korea was always hell on Earth".

You would make a very good North Korean, my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I think you're missing the point too. If a cab driver doesn't pick up a black person in NYC, because as a group, black people are horrible tippers, the answer isn't "Well, 1/10 black people tip well, so it's unfair for you to assume all black people don't tip" or "not every white person tips well, so it's unfair for the cab driver to pickup the white person assuming he'll tip."

Instead, maybe the next time a black person gets in a cab, they should tip and encourage their friends to do the same. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

And before the first mouth breather goes on a rant about tipping, it's been heard before and no one really cares for your rendition of Mr. Pink's dialogue.
    I'm not sure what alternate reality you live in where a cab has to choose who to take. Usually they're desperate for business and will pick up anyone just to meet their daily quota. They're just fighting 5 other cabbies for that person.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, most people in North Korea love North Korea, wave North Korean flags around and have a strong support for those who defend it. On the other hand, you have a group of dissidents that often times have supporters who burn the North Korean flag and say, "North Korea was always hell on Earth".

You would make a very good North Korean, my friend!
    Except, North Korea isn't the United States.

Not remotely the same.

Feel free to defend spoiled people who don't realize how amazing this country is. Maybe it is they who need a trip to North Korea to realize what fools they are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    " Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." -- Oscar Wilde

" Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." -- Dr Samuel Johnson

" Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." -- Albert Einstein

My point? Put not your faith in the creations of men, Buck. Nations ( any of them, not just the US) are artifices of human design. Therefore, they are flawed in their fundaments.
    United States isn't quite like any other nations. And it has flaws, but still infinitely better than anybody else.

I would want a safe space too if I had a large influx of homophobic, gun nut, racist, Christian conservatives in my town.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    whats even worse, is that in many universities, you're forced to attend some of these SJW classes, they make you take a certain amount of credit hours worth of SJW classes of your choice.
    do these classes have names or you just pulling garbage from your ass.

Are people really this naive and ignorant? A 'safe space'? That is exactly what it means to stick your head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah, it's really messed up. We could probably do something about it if we weren't all yelling at each other about our genders and races while we are all robbed blind.
    We wouldn't be yelling at each other about genders if people would stop trying to make it acceptable for grown men to go into changing rooms with little girls.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Maybe you should rephrase your question if I'm not understanding it. The only way to change how people think about groups is to change the behavior that created the stereotype in the first place. Personal responsibility means don't do the things people assume you'll do based on how they categorize you.
    Hah! This is a joke right?

If someone views all white people are country boys who love rolling coal and shooting guns what does that mean? Even if you're not a white country boy who rolls coal and shoots guns does that mean you should change your behavior or does that just mean, mmmm maybe other people should stop being stereotyping douche bags?

I guess I was trying to explain why people think a certain way rather than pointing out the obvious answer that human intelligence is based on pattern recognition and we consider people more intelligent the better they are to recognize patterns in complex situations/objects. We can't change people from identifying patterns anymore than we can flap our arms and fly.
    People consider other people intelligent when they agree with them, and that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hah! This is a joke right?

If someone views all white people are country boys who love rolling coal and shooting guns what does that mean? Even if you're not a white country boy who rolls coal and shoots guns does that mean you should change your behavior or does that just mean, mmmm maybe other people should stop being stereotyping douche bags?
    Or, the white people can stop being so hyper-sensitive acting like the opinion of somebody that they don't know is somehow important. I don't care if people think all white people are X. If they want to make that statement, I will show them why they are wrong. But if its a stereotype for them, I couldn't care less, and why should I care?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Obviously you're missing the point. Statistically, the majority of white people aren't white country boys shooting guns, so someone who holds that view is ignorant or misinformed. Your example is actually a great comparison to #BLM, who are claiming things that are statistically false. If I said asian women have sideways vaginas, that's coming from a place of ignorance, not from a statistical likelihood.

I guess you missed my point of intelligence being based on pattern recognition rather than just assuming things that are demonstrably false.
    Statistically the majority of black people aren't shooting black people nor are the majority of black people committing crimes. So............. want to try again there bub?

Like you're talking yourself into a corner of foolishness by saying that, because majority of blacks aren't cirminals, or do you think the majority of blacks are? Do you think the streotypes hold true for the majority of blacks.

AND DON'T YOU FUCKING BACK PEDAL.

this just proves that democracy is no longer functional in this country and we might as well cycle through the other forms of government until people are motivated enough again to fight for freedom. Realistic ideals like honesty needs to be the requirement for citizenship, and citizenship can be taken away at any time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so im like 4 lines into that article, and im just going to skip the rest and ask "is this real?"

$60k a yewar to attend, to some uni's in USA really cost that much?
    and what sort of uni would have a social justice institute?

and really, cancelling classes because because of this? i'd be so pissed if i paid that much to go to a uni, and they cancel my classes because some of the children there need coddling.

again i didnt read the article past like the first 4 lines, so i might have the wrong end of the stick here.
    That's private US education for you buddy.
    1) You take a debt that is potentially beyond your future solvency.
    2) You go to a collegue that offers overpriced underwater basket weaving degree.
    3a) If you're white you're effectively paying to hear about how much of a horrible person you are because of the past you had no control over.
    3b) If you're not white you're effectively paying to hear about how much of a victim you are despite the present you have control over.
    4) You end up with a crippling debt, worthless degree, indoctrinated brain and self fullfilled prophecy that pushes you further into "progressive" madness.
    5) You continue your life full of misery loaded with assumption that all your problems are caused by somebody else as you never take responsibility for your own actions.

Thankfully there are still trade schools in US so it's not all doom and gloom.

You asked why people go to "personal responsibility" when there is a perceived commonality among a group. Assuming the perceived common identifier is real and not made up like the example Spinner provided, the only solution is to alter the behavior that created the original common identifier. I don't know how else to change the chance something has occurred other than to reduce the instances of occurrence.

The more intelligent you are, the more you're able to identify the difference as well as the patterns - the two are inherent with one another. A less intelligent person looks at all the incidents of alleged police brutality and says "BLACK PEOPLE!" The more intelligent person looks at the same instances and recognizes "Hey, they all failed to follow police orders and/or resisted arrest."

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say what you think I said. In this thread, I said that black american commit 52% of all murders. I said that only 47% of black males graduate high school. I also said that the DOJ's study (under Holder) found that black Americans are more likely to commit traffic offenses than any other demographic, using their conclusion for why there is a disparity of police interaction among black americans. So because black americans commit the majority of murders, and because black americans are more likely to speed and run traffic lights, their individual actions are why police are stopping more black people than white people based on their overall percentage of the population.

What you said is patently false. 93% of black homicides are committed by black people.
    You said "majority of white people aren't...."

Well the majority of black people aren't killing people else there would be over what 15m dead people. Find your argument then come back please.

That's ok, if the safe space is a day care center and these kids stay there permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    do these classes have names or you just pulling garbage from your ass.
    I named one already.

Go google ASU's classes of you're intrested. You're not important enough to me to link them all.

Deleted
    I would rather shoot myself then to be this kind of a abomination of a human being. My friends went to school during war while our cities were bombed, and this people do this. Wake up America and man the fuck up

I would not have thought liberals were so emotionally unstable.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    https://heatst.com/politics/clevelan...ce-convention/

Of course this in no way says anything about the Democrat party... I just notice that only one of the two parties is judged by its supporters here.

At least that is the impression I have come away with
    I'm traumatized by how easy people are traumatized these days.....

I never said the majority of black people are killing each other. But what I think happened is this is the first you've been exposed to actual crime statistics, cause you sure as shit aren't getting them from MotherJones or HuffPo, so now you're trying to create a strawman. You can't take something I said out of context in response to someone else who made a ridiculous argument and claim I was talking about something else.

If you want to have a real discussion, please provide an opinion. Otherwise, I'm not interested in you fabricating what I said to pretend you have a clue what's going on.
    You are using what a minority of black people do in order to point at the entire race and say "hey fix this"

When it came to the whites in my example Do you remmeber what you said?

It's nto a strawman it's the shit you actually said. You took the discussion to talk about what the majority do, well the majority of people are law abiding citizens who aren't committing crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it how everyone is discussing the clickbait article, and no one has actually bothered to read the newsletter.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.