Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jork View Post
    Would you agree that the shooter looks to be from 'middle eastern'?
    Yes, I would agree with that. A shitty film tho, but I would agree.
    I'm against religion and Islam, I'm just not going to believe the first thing I hear.

I mean now they say they are islamist so chances are pretty high they are 'middle eastern', doesn't make "Loretta"s testimony any more solid until someone else can confirm her story tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    "Police says"? I see no official statement anywhere
    What is the difference between a police statement and an official statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    Yes, I would agree with that. A shitty film tho, but I would agree.
    I'm against religion and Islam, I'm just not going to believe the first thing I hear.

I mean now they say they are islamist so chances are pretty high they are 'middle eastern', doesn't make "Loretta"s testimony any more solid until someone else can confirm her story tbh.
    The only person saying islamist is the person that thinks loretta is the best witness in the world.

None, I was implying that there is no statement whatsoever

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where's is this police statement then?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/07...ipley-live.cnn

Munich police:Shooting suspects have Islamist background
    Not according to the "Polizei München"...we do not even know whether it was one or more attackers for now.

Edit: To clarify, they did not say it was islamists they also do not say that it was not islamist. They say "We do not know for now"

None, I was implying that there is no statement whatsoever
    There is none. https://twitter.com/polizeimuenchen?lang=de

If it wasn't for the British newspapers I wouldn't know anything.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Where's is this police statement then?
    It doesn't exist. The dude making that post just made shit up. Or CNN is, I haven't watched the whole video.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The only person saying islamist is the person that thinks loretta is the best witness in the world.
    Ok so it's not confirmed then, my bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    What exactly is your reason for this person to not be believable?
    It's not this person specifically, its eyewitness (or earwitness in this case) testimony that's under scrutiny. There are plenty of articles that outline how both eye and ear witness testimony is often inaccurate, so people are waiting for more information instead of blindly believing what one person saw or heard.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Exactly what I'm saying? Or are you just agreeing with me? Because I'm following their twitter as well and this is where I take my information from. I trust no other source

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Is CNN always like this?
    Because damn, 'journalists' like that would be out of a job quite fast here.
    Most of our major news outlets are shit, and care more about being "first" than being "factual"... to the point where twitter, reddit, and any other social media said x is actually considered a valid source.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Police says"? I see no official statement anywhere
    police munich twitter is silent about such claims.

https://twitter.com/polizeimuenchen?lang=en

Is CNN always like this?
    That is the normal modus operandi for US media these days. Claim shit, make it as spectacular as you can possibly make it. In an age where Americans tune in to the news based on how dramatic the story is rather than how truthful it is, it's all about ratings. If they knew it would get them more ratings, they would actually claim Aliens have just invaded Europe.

The only reason they're not doing it is because it's not plausible enough. Yet.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If it wasn't for the British newspapers I wouldn't know anything.
    Reddit > any newspaper
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take it from the handful of people here that speak German and follow German news.
    There is no statement.

Is CNN always like this?
    Yes, CNN is a joke of a news station. It's not much better than Fox News in a lot of cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    No but that is because I studied the history of the region from a few centuries before the rise of Islam and afterwards. The middle east has always been a violent shit hole.

You are the morons who invited it in.
    To be fair, there was a time when it wasn't. In many ways part of the Middle East and North Africa were important parts of the ancient world. Obviously since then a lot of changes happened both demographically and ideological aswell as cultural and it's not the same anymore. So it wasn't ALWAYS like that but from the decline and the following events there are things to be learned.

Exactly what I'm saying? Or are you just agreeing with me? Because I'm following their twitter as well and this is where I take my information from. I trust no other source
    Yes i agreed with you. Didn't know this was capable of being misunderstood, sorry.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Reddit > any newspaper
    That's bullshit and has been proven a number of times in recent history. Remember the boston bombings, where reddit almost ruined the lives of innocent people?

The BBC is far more reliable source of news than reddit, they, for the most part, actively seek out to confirm aything that goes on their site. Which is why they are usually slower to update on breaking news situations like this.