Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    All in all, it was a good choice to buy the game. I spent all of last night playing, and didn't even get off the starter planet. I got close though, lol. Got my ship repaired, and just need to get the FTL drive up and running, then off to adventure!
    Yeah, it's also a weird combination of relaxing and exciting. I could just listen to the music and chill in pixel space for a long time, but then I go to a new planet and I don't know if the creatures are hostile or peaceful. You have to decide really quickly whether you want to be a rampaging barbarian or play it safe and risk death.

Good luck on your journey.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah, it's also a weird combination of relaxing and exciting. I could just listen to the music and chill in pixel space for a long time, but then I go to a new planet and I don't know if the creatures are hostile or peaceful. You have to decide really quickly whether you want to be a rampaging barbarian or play it safe and risk death.

Good luck on your journey.
    Thanks! I have actually been listing to the sound track while i'm at work. It is beautiful!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really huge info and I know that for some people seeing this thread updated might cause some unwarranted excitement (sorry for that), but after reading the latest Starbound blogs and stuff it seems like we might be on track to have it in June if we're lucky. I realize this is sort of just a shot in the dark, but I'm excited and just really want to play the damned full game lol.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Right? I was just coming to post this too because it's pretty exciting.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Whooooo. 2 weeks. I'll be playing it all weekend like a fiend when it launches. Very excited.
    BAD WOLF

This will probably last me until NMS releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is the official launch! Pretty excited to finally try it out. That being said if anyone plans on running a server I have me and 1 friend who wouldn't mind playing with others on and off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing for a few hours...it's really, really good. I still don't love the feel of combat compared to Terraria, but they definitely made this a complete and immersive game.
    BAD WOLF

And I find Starbound's combat much better vs Terraria's combat. Love Starbound <3.
    Also, Terraria has soo annoying soundtrack and sounds, Starbound is like heavens in terms of relaxing experience and quality now And the price is great.

So how long ago did they scrap race specific intros?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So how long ago did they scrap race specific intros?
    Did they? That's unfortunate. The intro story is pretty cool though, but very quick and off you go.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Did they? That's unfortunate. The intro story is pretty cool though, but very quick and off you go.
    I mean, I'm enjoying everything so far. The game now runs SIGNIFICANTLY better than it did before and the quests do a much better job of guiding you along, but I recall them posting multiple work in progress cutscenes from the various race intros a long time ago and I must have missed when that got discarded.

Deleted
    I've been playing the alpha or beta or whatever it was since 2013, but this live version seems pretty cool. They definitely pushed a lot of changes into the game in the past year.

Fuck this. I'm playing on uber cheese mode. Just lost an entire expedition's worth of ore and shit because I fell into some lava and I can't get it back.

Deleted
    Falling into stuff... Oh yes. Playing on hardcore, avoiding falling into stuff becomes a second nature.

I'm actually interested about death mechanic. If you die, what do you drop? I would like to know that so I can store some of that stuff so death doesn't cause so much damage.

Doing the quest where i need to scan water people's stuff. it tells me to go to water worlds, but i only find their stuff in ruins under the sea, and there's not much to scan for progress.

Deleted
    Damn... Food spoils now. Here I am, going for the core fragments deep underground, and suddenly my bags are full of inedible green goop!

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Doing the quest where i need to scan water people's stuff. it tells me to go to water worlds, but i only find their stuff in ruins under the sea, and there's not much to scan for progress.
    I found an underwater city. There were like bars, disco and that sort of stuff. I got my entire hyloth scan from there.

Damn... Food spoils now. Here I am, going for the core fragments deep underground, and suddenly my bags are full of inedible green goop!
    I built myself a fridge. I can store best foods there when I need to go for a long trip! There are also foods that last for ages... like chocolate. Also most of my home is farm. I can produce lots of food on demand.

Edit: Just realized. Finding one of those electric thingies might be quite a low chance at begining. I think getting one of those electric cows may be a very quick solution.
    Last edited by Morae; 2016-07-25 at 07:38 AM.