Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't see why this is a problem for anyone who wasn't using the "create group" button for the sole purpose of getting boosted. Shockingly enough, putting a group together then requiring ilvls so high it can't fail doesn't make you special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    oh wow.... you fail to understand that its not about YOU. Ninja was a huge Problem in PuGs

- - - Updated - - -

Yes join the PL Group... Join the fucking PL Group, out of 100 PuGs 1 is PL

The only Problem i have with that is that u can get max 2 items now
    This guy actually experienced the game lately /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    I most certainly will never lead pugs again, or even join them, unless they revert this change.
    Good, raid with a guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    I just despise Personal Loot because it subject to terrible RNG that has zero protection behind it. It is a terrible system.
    That's illogical, irrational nonsense. Subject to RNG? The loot system itself is subject to RNG, it's part of the idea! And RNG is RNG, the game doesn't have separate, different generators in place with different probabilities for different loot modes. The entire loot table is being generated when the party enters the instance and that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the loot mode.

"Zero protection" is absolutely nonsensical as well - it's de facto PERFECT protection, because the presence or actions of other player have absolutely no possible influence on your yield at all. What you see is literally what you get.

Your whole aversion for the personal loot system is completely in your head and 100% irrational, which is OK I guess, but for Christ' sake, be at least aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Because that's even remotely equivalent huehuehue

Its the truth, dont like personal make your own guild to run with really just as simple solution as demanding them to be stealing stuff

This is a good change. As is the new Silence feature, abusable or not. The only people upset about either one of them are the people who have been using the system to their advantage, or trolling chat.....and now they can not continue to do so.

The internet is an absolutely horrid place. People full of hate, being tools, running their mouths..and then they blame YOU for not having thick skin. Bullshit. They need to start looking at themselves...it is not about some people not 'being able to take it'..the fact is you are a degenerate on society, and your overall behavior is not needed. This has nothing to do with people and the thickness of their skin, it has to do with you being a tool and not giving 2 shits about it.

I for one am glad that Blizzard, as well as other places on the internet, are starting to monitor and make an effort to stop this absolute degenerate behavior. You people need to grow up and start acting like adults and not children, and for fuck sake, stop blaming other people when your behavior is the real problem. This change only pisses you all off becasue you can not abuse it anymore. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That's ok if you think that's being entitled, but you're gonna have to deal with people like me not bothering anymore to create good groups.

We'll have to see how much the quality of pugs will drop.
    Deal

/WillJoin10othergroups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's already over; the change will not be reverted.

However, 6 months from now, all these guys that complained one item that they didn't even want was reserved, will be wondering where all the pug groups went. And they won't remember this conversation, I assure you.
    If the majority of the playerbase doesn't act this way do you promise to delete both ur WOW account and MMOC account and never return?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Here is a solution for ninjas that still want master loot, really cant be any other reason that anyone wants that in a pug, make your own group with guild members only and you can masterloot everyting to yourself and watch guild chat explode in cheers over how great the masterlooter is.
    So much this
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wonderful change. Blizzard was looking out for what's best for the community. People who made raids typically felt entitled to certain pieces of loot. You can disagree and agree all you want - Blizzard has spoken! Now continue to complain on the forums while paying $15 a month please

so no more "i want lots of gear for myself, so any gear I want is reserved" groups?

I see nothing but good things in this.

"people who want ML just wont make groups anymore"

Great, less groups, Same/More people looking for groups = faster group fills. i'm perfectly OK with this.

Alternately, Run the content with your guild. problem solved
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

The only fair way to distribute loot is total RNG. No human interaction whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    not all loot is tradeble only if same or lower ilvl.
    Not sure if il pug in legion on alts , but if i do and i get something i certainly wont always be giving its away to anyone even if is upgrade for them.
    ...So if you don't need the item, you'd rather disenchant it instead of giving it to someone who needs it?

Rood.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Trust me know how how fucked up master loot is in this case i have been running it with stuffing our folks with loot and only using the pugs as tokens to get it done.
    Yeah, I saw a thread about this on EU official wow forums and generally there are rivers of tears and mountains of salt from the usual "boost my buddy self-proclaimed leaders" that treated pugs as trash but necessary evil "so more loot drops for my buddy". But obviously we live in a community where it's okay to believe you're some form of aristocrat with inborn rights to lord over "plebs" and treat them like your personal peasants.

These changes always happen because the feature got abused to oblivion. Loot became personal in lfr after dragon soul abuse. BOEs became personal after BRF abuse. Realm hopping got nerfed after WOD abuse and all those "server hop" and "cross realm assist" addons. Now same happens to master loot in pugs. If the problem was marginal, Blizzard wouldn't lift a finger to do anything to it because it's effort. And putting effort means the issue is non negligible and it's worth the risk of assuming change will bring more upsides than downsides.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They changed the system so clearly it was a problem.
    Nope, if you read Watchers blue post he basically says they changed the system based on the way he played (and assumed the rest of the community played) and he actually had to ask why there was such a huge backlash against the change because he doesn't PUG.

We will have to wait and see if Blizzard cave in to the pressure and revert this change or not, right now it could go either way.

Has rarely been an issue for me. I would say the lack of moderation is an issue though. Even with loot rules as thorough as GDKP loot rules the Blizzard moderators refuse to take action. Then you get the ones who post one item for reserve then take another item on the grounds of their reserve item not dropping. It is not a question of vagueness of rules. Blizzard as a whole is refusing to moderate loot scamming issues along with many other Code of Conduct violations. This has been a long time issue even before personal loot. Blizzard is too fearful of taking action against a few bad apples.

I have tried to make personal loot groups a few times and they are harder to fill in my experience then master loot groups. Twice they took too long that players was leaving. When I run master loot I stick to the rules and do not set reserves. Not all of us abuse the system that Blizzard refuses to moderate. While I like with PL having to do less and having runs flow more smoothly. If it was a change the community really wanted then there would have been no need to force it.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2016-07-23 at 09:25 PM.

A lot of over inflated self worth in this thread.

Not really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    over all of wod i have see 2 or so ninja looters. ninjas are lot more rare then people say.
    I've been playing for over 10 years (sad as that is) and I've only seen ninja looting maybe a dozen times. What this will stop is reserved runs for certain gear, which, to be honest should be guild runs anyways. And it will stop the "you didn't do enough DPS/HPS/TPS, so you get no gear nublet" crowd.

The first group is pretty common in trade, but they generally fall apart after a few bosses anyways, so no loss. It's the second group that is and has been the biggest problem. I've seen this more and more as the expansions go on and it's a pretty dick move.

i don't understand what is the problem with personal loot, i do understand that a guild want to keep some control over who get what and when but a pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Many snowflakes thought they deserve more loot than other group members, so they reserved loot or asked raid leader to reserve loot for them. Now these assholes are put in their place. Good riddance.

Pugged only few times in last few years because community has gone to shit due to all ninjas and reservers. Got loot ninjad by raid leader that reserved completely different item. GM didn't do anything about it. Also saw attempt at ninjaing all loot, which failed because item that ninja wanted didn't even drop. Now such assholes as screwed. Pugging will again be stress free environment.

Anyone crying about this change is either a ninja or special snowflake who thinks he's better than others. Either way that player is an asshole. Well... with exception of communities built from multiple guilds, but those are extremely rare these days.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-07-23 at 10:42 PM.