Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've seen a streamer's team getting completely wrecked each time by a Reaper ult + McCree ult...

The Reaper does his Reaper's thing (appear from nowhere then die die die), the McCree standing in a higher position looking at his watch. The defensive team is too busy trying to avoid Reaper to notice the McCree, who will finish the guys spared by Reaper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    its not useless at all, i play mccree, he's my second main, if you time it well the enemy team is fucked.
    you can push the payload a great distance till they respawn or get the point while the enemy is waiting for getting back into the game.

its all about timing.

- - - Updated - - -

also a great mercy ult counter.
    "heroes never die!"
    *Q*
    "sorry, but who never dies again? "
    I did this not long ago! xD Was on Kings Row, payload just took off, entire enemy team died. Then "HEROES NEVER DIE..for a price!", "It's HIGGH NOON" TEAM KILL! Ez.

That said, I too get the shits using his ult. Fucking takes forever to get the right moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to come at them from unsuspecting angles and pop it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wasn't useless against us yesterday when one flanked us completely, popped it and we all ran for cover into his LOS... Pentakill and a well deserved PotG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Really wasn't useless against us yesterday when one flanked us completely, popped it and we all ran for cover into his LOS... Pentakill and a well deserved PotG.
    I was playing Mercy the other day, heard 'High Noon' and panicked so I flew towards a fleeing 76 and died. The kill replay showed me arriving in McCree's line of sight just as the bullet fired - so if I'd stayed where I was I wouldn't have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I was playing Mercy the other day, heard 'High Noon' and panicked so I flew towards a fleeing 76 and died. The kill replay showed me arriving in McCree's line of sight just as the bullet fired - so if I'd stayed where I was I wouldn't have died.
    Was playing a custom match my clans last month. Heard a McCree declare his ult and we all rushed into the same cover and the whole lot of us died.

Ends up we not only ran straight to the McCree in hollywood but he had accidently triggered his ult out of panic while hiding in the building since he was completely alone. He was still laughing himself silly in the public voice chat when we regrouped after the match ended

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ultimate that can kill a team should have downsides.

Like others have said, it clears a point. It is also great if you just really need to kill 1 or 2 enemies. It does not need to only be used for potential team kills.

The higher I have gotten in rank the tougher it is to get solid ults off. I like that because you really start to use them differently.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Any ultimate that can kill a team should have downsides.

Like others have said, it clears a point. It is also great if you just really need to kill 1 or 2 enemies. It does not need to only be used for potential team kills.

The higher I have gotten in rank the tougher it is to get solid ults off. I like that because you really start to use them differently.
    Also works great in combo with Zarya's ult (like many others). They're not going anywhere, so you can take your time with the setup.

Like all ultimates, you need to right positioning and timing and coordination to get the most out of it. Also, stop expecting to get 4+ kills with an ultimate or it's "useless"; killing two heroes and continuing to fight can be huge. That goes for all heroes; I've seen people avoid using their ults unless they can try for a teamkill, which means they fire off 1-2 ultimates per match, rather than 6-8; getting 3 kills in that 1 perfect ult doesn't really trade off against killing 1-2 with "meh" ults. Looks better in PotG, but that's about it.

The best times to pop this is when there is a lot going on and the enemy doesn't pay attention to your call out or when they can't afford to step away from the objective. It can and will clear a room which is way better than junkrat as he is limited by distance from the tire.

I've saved many a hanamura control B from being a wipe by cleaning the room out.

Probably the easiest way to get the ult off is to flank them or come up with an unexpected position like from the high ground; all it takes is a couple seconds of them not knowing where you are to do some serious damage, and this is how I've gotten most of my more successful deadeyes off. Also as mentioned, it's a deadly combo with Reinhardt or Zarya Ult's and I almost never see that occur.

That being said, you don't need to be super greedy with it, you don't need to kill the entire team. Especially when you're struggling to get through a chokepoint or are running out of time, getting even one or two kills with it, especially a healer, can make all the difference in the outcome of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also works great in combo with Zarya's ult (like many others). They're not going anywhere, so you can take your time with the setup.

Like all ultimates, you need to right positioning and timing and coordination to get the most out of it. Also, stop expecting to get 4+ kills with an ultimate or it's "useless"; killing two heroes and continuing to fight can be huge. That goes for all heroes; I've seen people avoid using their ults unless they can try for a teamkill, which means they fire off 1-2 ultimates per match, rather than 6-8; getting 3 kills in that 1 perfect ult doesn't really trade off against killing 1-2 with "meh" ults. Looks better in PotG, but that's about it.
    It's the worst part about the PotG system.

Mercy's will refuse to res sometimes because they need that juicy 4 res so they can show off their cool highlight intro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's the worst part about the PotG system.

Mercy's will refuse to res sometimes because they need that juicy 4 res so they can show off their cool highlight intro.
    Eh, I think PotG is still a great idea. It just needs a few things;

1> Make the metric evaluate players based on how well they played for THAT class, and
    2> Include funny stuff too.

So, for instance, Reinhardt charging and then dying without taking enemy damage, because he flew off a cliff without hitting anyone, should get a PotG, presuming he ALMOST hit someone (otherwise, idiots will charge off cliffs to get PotG, even without anyone around).

And that Widowmaker headshotting the Mercy with a full res meter BEFORE she can res her team, on the point, maybe that one single kill deserves PotG, based on timing and location.

Not easy to code, I imagine, but right now, it seems to really prefer "most kills in 15s", and it can be more entertaining than that.

Not easy to code, I imagine, but right now, it seems to really prefer "most kills in 15s", and it can be more entertaining than that.
    Because it's easier to give a value number to a number of kill than it is for a "funny moment"

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think PotG is still a great idea. It just needs a few things;

1> Make the metric evaluate players based on how well they played for THAT class, and
    2> Include funny stuff too.

So, for instance, Reinhardt charging and then dying without taking enemy damage, because he flew off a cliff without hitting anyone, should get a PotG, presuming he ALMOST hit someone (otherwise, idiots will charge off cliffs to get PotG, even without anyone around).

And that Widowmaker headshotting the Mercy with a full res meter BEFORE she can res her team, on the point, maybe that one single kill deserves PotG, based on timing and location.

Knocking players off the map is always the best kills to me. I wanna see more of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Knocking players off the map is always the best kills to me. I wanna see more of those.
    That feeling when you wall-ride as Lucio into that one point in Nepal, with the big pit along one side, and burst 3 enemy defenders into the hole so your team can cap the point.

Works with Pharah, too, but pulling that off as Lucio is one of my high points. I also take what's probably an unusual pleasure in chain-hooking people into pits with Roadhog. Reinhardt laughs as I hook him, only to go "Oh, wait, NOOOOOOO."

10+ Year Old Account
    That feeling when you wall-ride as Lucio into that one point in Nepal, with the big pit along one side, and burst 3 enemy defenders into the hole so your team can cap the point.

Works with Pharah, too, but pulling that off as Lucio is one of my high points. I also take what's probably an unusual pleasure in chain-hooking people into pits with Roadhog. Reinhardt laughs as I hook him, only to go "Oh, wait, NOOOOOOO."
    I don't know map names, and I've never used Lucio's wall-ride. But there is the one map at a temple-like thing, where one of the points is a square area with ledges on two sides, and the paths on the other. That's my favorite place to knock off. My two "mains" are D.va and Lucio, two players that do it best.

Sneak behind the enemy lines(easier to pull off on defense rather than offense, but on some payload maps like route 66, you can pull it off on offense too) and use it when they're distracted.

Reminder that that you just need to charge it 1.5~ seconds to one-shot everything that isn't a tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    McCrees ult is a 1 shot.. Ofcourse it is going to be hard to pull off All the other ults, which you mentioned are all abilities, which are limited in other factors, while mcCrees ult is a long range, directly 1 shot ability, which people can not dodge or outheal..... It is really powerfull, when used correctly, just like most other ults.
    reaper can dodge it if he uses his wraith form

Yep Reaper along with loads of abilities can dodge high noon.
    Zarya can block two of the shots
    Reinhardt can block anyone stood behind the shield
    Winston's bubble blocks
    Lucio ulti can negate the whole team dying to it
    Mei can ice block herself or ice wall infront of the team
    Genji can reflect it and kill McCree
    You can dodge it by simply moving behind a wall.

Then you get to the grey areas of Roadhog hook, or just outright killing McCree while he's doing it.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-07-27 at 08:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Yep Reaper along with loads of abilities can dodge high noon.
    Zarya can block two of the shots
    Reinhardt can block anyone stood behind the shield
    Winston's bubble blocks
    Lucio ulti can negate the whole team dying to it
    Mei can ice block herself or ice wall infront of the team
    Genji can reflect it and kill McCree
    You can dodge it by simply moving behind a wall.

Then you get to the grey areas of Roadhog hook, or just outright killing McCree while he's doing it.
    Ana sleep dart also works.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED