Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Stacking pre-legion quests: faster road to 110

This thread is for discussing the optimal preparation for levelling in Legion for those who care about getting to 110 as fast as possible

For Warlords of Dreanor I had a stack of 25 quests that I handed in as soon as the expansion went live - this gave me I believe about 40-60% of a level but this boost was all but wiped out due to the buggy release

For legion there are far fewer daily quests but I've still been able to find a total of 25 quests. I've been able to get 30% of a level (based on current beta) and was wondering if anyone has been able to get more?

If you have any unfinished bonus objectives you can get them to 1 kill then do them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    This thread is for discussing the optimal preparation for levelling in Legion for those who care about getting to 110 as fast as possible

For Warlords of Dreanor I had a stack of 25 quests that I handed in as soon as the expansion went live - this gave me I believe about 40-60% of a level but this boost was all but wiped out due to the buggy release

For legion there are far fewer daily quests but I've still been able to find a total of 25 quests. I've been able to get 30% of a level (based on current beta) and was wondering if anyone has been able to get more?
    People have made this claim every expansion that stacking quests was somehow useful, but in the long run it really has never been better than just diving straight for the new quests.

Here you go.... everyone is having a cry about this so it will probably get nerfed.

Personally I don't see a problem with it, at the end of the day you have to do all the zones to unlock world quests anyway. Also there is no world first achievements any more so whats the point really. People should be able to level how they want and if that means doing 5 levels before even getting your artifact then go for it

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    People have made this claim every expansion that stacking quests was somehow useful, but in the long run it really has never been better than just diving straight for the new quests.
    Yeah does anyone with realm first max level suggested this? I've never seen this as a valid strategy for speed runners unless it was like a exploit like the Pandaria turtle meat, just get's you behind the pack and in long run not helpful to getting to max faster.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah does anyone with realm first max level suggested this? I've never seen this as a valid strategy for speed runners unless it was like a exploit like the Pandaria turtle meat, just get's you behind the pack and in long run not helpful to getting to max faster.
    The only argument I can think of is that being lvl 110 and still clearing zones will give an early leg up on higher ilvl gear and better chance at legendary drop (I am guessing on the last one).

I'd much rather enjoy the new content and absorb every tiny bit of lore and scenery.

Good to know if one wants to hit level cap faster or just be ahead of the mob. Still gotta go back for a number of important quests unfortunately. I miss the days of being able to skip zones with no regret while doing dungeons as a healer or tank.

Gonna laugh my ass off at the people who do this and then have to fight enemies at a way higher ilvl. Gonna be hilarious.

Here is my take. Who has those quest items not completed already, or the bonus objectives still available? Who hasn't completed the treasures for the extra resources and gold from selling the items dropped?

You are going to spend 2 hours doing things that is netting you less than 10k per bonus objectives and turning in quests. You get to 105 and mobs are smacking you around. Otherwise people NOT doing this or cant because they already done those things months/years ago, are gearing up and collecting AP faster than the people trying to speed run to 105.

I guess have fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the biggest issue with doing this is that with scaling you'll get further behind on gear. Which makes you not only get nailed for more damage, but takes you longer to kill mobs, slowing you down even more.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Here you go.... everyone is having a cry about this so it will probably get nerfed.

Personally I don't see a problem with it, at the end of the day you have to do all the zones to unlock world quests anyway. Also there is no world first achievements any more so whats the point really. People should be able to level how they want and if that means doing 5 levels before even getting your artifact then go for it

*video*
    As far as I'm aware, there's been a systemic nerf to experience earned at max level, from bonus objectives to missives to tavern quests and so on. It won't surprise me if by the time we get to launch, these quest turn-ins will be reduced to approximately 3750xp (missive quests were recently reduced to this amount).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Gonna laugh my ass off at the people who do this and then have to fight enemies at a way higher ilvl. Gonna be hilarious.
    The artifact quest alone might be a progression blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I don't see how this can be true. I have 100k exp (9 quests) complete and handed in within 2 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Here is my take. Who has those quest items not completed already, or the bonus objectives still available? Who hasn't completed the treasures for the extra resources and gold from selling the items dropped?

You are going to spend 2 hours doing things that is netting you less than 10k per bonus objectives and turning in quests. You get to 105 and mobs are smacking you around. Otherwise people NOT doing this or cant because they already done those things months/years ago, are gearing up and collecting AP faster than the people trying to speed run to 105.

I guess have fun!
    I disagree with spending anymore than 3-5 minutes handing in quests in draenor. It is much better to be completing tasks in legion, you should only hand in things that you can already complete before legion goes live at a few hand in areas only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Thanks for the video - some new stuff I can add to my current list which should be a nice little booster

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Most max levellers did an exploit of some sort. gettjng 100k exp within 5 minutes will always be more favourable than other approaches

You people will only have yourselves to blame if you have "no content" if you deliberately blitz through it as fast as possible.
    Me? I'm gonna load up the Storyline addon and take my sweet ass time doing the levelling content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hah that's my video. I will point out though that you'd be going into legion with 710 pvp gear at level 105, and I had no problems whatsoever killing anything at 105. I am actually currently testing those theories of how bad 105 would be with a fresh artifact weapon and not having done anything prior.. it's actually.. not bad at all at the moment. Still averaging 55 minutes a level.

Basically I am curious if when I hit 110 since you leave so many quests and zones not completed, how much higher ilvl gear you can pull from at 110 along with relic ilvl procs.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Yea, the biggest issue with doing this is that with scaling you'll get further behind on gear. Which makes you not only get nailed for more damage, but takes you longer to kill mobs, slowing you down even more.
    Depends on your gear really. If you're a fresh 100 with 605 ilvl then it's a bad idea, but if you have 720+ you're fine to skip a couple levels worth on nonupgrades from quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is only doable with a toon that just hit 100 and hasn't touched anything. What's the point of hitting 105 ultrafast in a boosted alt?

- - - Updated - - -

Clearing zones doesn't give you a chance at legendary drops; they don't come from world mobs (emissary caches, dungeon and raid bosses, probably pvp treasureboxes).
    The ilvl of gear you get while doing quests in zones other than Suramar at lvl 110 is worse than gear from world quests or max level normals. So again not worth it for anything but relics.
    But world quests required friendly reputation with each faction. And leveling in specific zone is fastest way to reach friendly rep with faction asociated with it.

Demon hunters will be able to abuse this system as they are freshly created chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Getting to friendly with each faction takes about 15 mins each. Just do the first storyline of each zone and you are there. You don't need to clear each zone for that. You do need to clear each zone for the AP though.

Really people have blown the rep requirement for world quests out of any proportion. It's friendly ffs, people get to friendly with a rep in just a few quests throughout the history of WoW. I guess it annoys some people who believe they shouldn't ever have to quest in an MMORPG . . .
    Probably yes. I don't how much time it takes because i reach friendly with each faction doing world quests=) (char was created before that requirement was implemeted)

Being a completionist means that my main going into Legion doesn't have a mountain of unfinished Draenor content to sponge XP from, so for that reason alone I'm just gonna make a beeline for the Broken Isles.