Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Name changes wouldn't be needed, since most realms area already merged with 1 or 2 other realms, and there can exist, multiple people with the same name but not same realm, im gonna use my realm group as an example(EU Alonsus, Anachronos, Kul'Tiras), I'm currently Shadochi-Alonsus(thats what people from Kul'Tiras/Anachronos have to type to mail/whisper me), if I wanted to make a character on Kul'Tiras it would be Shadochi-Kul'Tiras.
    So no names would be needed to change if they merged more realms like they area already now

What you are talking about there is cross realm zoning on a server scale, people on your original realm can whisper you by the use of your name alone, people from other realms on the same servers, would need "yourname-realmname".

A true server merge would mean that all the players would be under the same realm name, now whilst this sounds good at first, it would necessitate either a global renaming of all characters or the renaming of characters that have the same name but from different realms, both of which is unacceptable as many people are passionate about the name they have, and would be devastated to loose it due to a server merge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Instead of fixing server populations in any way it actually helps player they give us this. Much like your weapon can have the illusion of other enchants, your server can have the illusion of being busy.
    this very much...its extremely lazy solution and bad one as well

there are only two ways:
    A) fix server populations by merging servers (faction balance on PvP realms could be a way...)
    B) implement fully "smart" CRZ technology which would automatically group players to servers based on some conditions (they talked, were in group, etc)

And btw, stormwind these days is not that full, even for crz its barely as "populated" as capital city in vanilla or TBC

I think they could tone it down a little bit. I could do without the lag in ogrimmar. Maybe around half of the amount of servers that there are right now. Or whatever it takes to make it not take 1s+ to interact with NPCs, post auctions, travel through portals, etc at peak times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes indeed. The Orgrimmar Doomsayer suicide spot is always packed ;P

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    It is nice, but I do find it funny that there pride won't let them just merge many dead servers together, that would make the mighty wow look weak.
    They did merges awhile back, they just called it "connected realms" to save face.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Yeah, awesome. Back to 20 fps and army of idiots on the mammoths from another servers blocking NPCs and mailboxes. Yay.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-26 at 12:39 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

That after four years of crz, they finally applied it to capitol cities speaks volumes about just how low the subs have gotten. Garrisons and group finder covered up how much the population sank. They had to do something to make the game look alive again and this was the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    City CRZ is probably the best thing to happen in wow in a long time. Maybe it's due to coming out of the garrison after 2 years, but I've had more fun interacting with people in VoS than I have in a long time. Hopefully it carries over to Dalaran so it too feels just as alive.
    What is so great in having a shit load of people around that add nothing to your play experience, since you cannot trade with them or Ginvite them. It's an illusion at best that needs to go away, Blizzard just needs to stop doing shit like this before they hurt the game even more. Merge servers and be done with this shit CRZ bullshit that is making me want to quit WoW.

See my sig for my PC specs, I'm dropping a lot of frames when i go to Org now and my system is on the higher end of the spectrum, i feel sorry for people who play on older systems or who cannot afford high end. Blizzard don't think, they just want to make the game feel more populated than it is which is total bullshit.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2016-07-26 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    What is so great in having a shit load of people around that add nothing to your play experience, since you cannot trade with them or Ginvite them. It's an illusion at best that needs to go away, Blizzard just needs to stop doing shit like this before they hurt the game even more. Merge servers and be done with this shit CRZ bullshit that is making me want to quit WoW.
    I don't want to trade with them or Ginvite them. I can can still enjoy seeing, talking to, interacting and being silly with them. It's much better than seeing only 5 people who I wouldn't trade with or Ginvite anyhow.

It's an illusion, but a pleasing one at that.