Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The victim is not dead, they have been charged with first-degree intentional homicide. Which is ridiculous because again, the victim survived.
    You're right, I should have specified "attempted murder" (they've been actually charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide from what I read).

In any case, I find it troubling that there are people here arguing that a twelve year old who suffers from schizophrenia and honestly believed Slenderman is real
    insist she fully knew what she was doing, and should be locked away in an adult prison for the rest of her life (or worse).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Read my edit. Having the death penalty is on you, the Americans, not me. I'm just debating principles. You know that muder is wrong at 12, period. They should be tried as adults for attempted murder. Too bad you guys like the death penalty so much...
    I'm not an American.

I'm also not the one advocating a twelve year old with mental disorders should be put to death.

(There's no question that she tried to kill someone)

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    1: So you're saying a fourteen year old doesn't understand why you shouldn't steal as well as an adult, but a if an eight year old shakes their baby sibling because they're crying, do they get life in jail because they should have known what "shaken baby syndrome" is?

2: What about kids that have accidentally shot someone with a real gun they thought was unloaded or a toy?

3: How about mimicking wrestling moves that cause neck injuries?

4: Are you saying that without meeting these girls, they are not suffering from any mental illnesses and fully understood the concept and gravity of what they're doing, but couldn't do the same when it comes to doing drugs?
    1: Are you just playing dumb now? Can't you understand that there is a huge bloody difference between shoplifting a few gums and fucking stabbing a person and leaving them in a forest to die? I've said that there is a line where this shit isn't bloody acceptable to use their development as an excuse.

2: Afaik genuine accidents aren't punished. If a 12 year old couldn't tell the difference between a toy gun and a real gun they are either bloody retarded or lying.

3: CAn't really do anything about the retards that required the creation of the phrase "Don't try this at home" but still can't understand it.

4: When have I stated that they're not suffering from mental illnesses? Stop putting words in my mouth. It doesn't even matter, adults can also be insane. Afaik, drugs don't excuse murder.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not an American.

I'm also not the one advocating a twelve year old with mental disorders should be put to death.

Well, Americans.

I'm not advocating the execution of a child. I'm advocating same punishment as for adults, which is fair. Do mentally ill adult also get executed now?

Edit: I'm going to sleep now. Reply if you want, I'm probably not replying tomorrow since I've already stated my opinion and you've yours. None of us seem to tilt to the other's side anyway.
    Last edited by mittacc; 2016-07-27 at 11:09 PM.

You're right, I should have specified "attempted murder" (they've been actually charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide from what I read).

In any case, I find it troubling that there are people here arguing that a twelve year old who suffers from schizophrenia and honestly believed Slenderman is real
    insist she fully knew what she was doing, and should be locked away in an adult prison for the rest of her life (or worse).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not an American.

12 year olds are not typically diagnosed with schizophrenia, that seems a little young for that sort of diagnosis. In any case, I agree.

No one in their right mind would say that a 10 year old is an adult, so why are we sentencing them like one? States that do have some sort of the age guideline for trials of minors have ages as low as 10. I have heard of cases where 5 and 8 year olds were being tried as adult.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/murder-char...ry?id=13811620

People are blinded by their desire for punishment.

Enlighten me, what specific conditions needed to be met for the Slenderman case?
    He did provide you a link to the actual state laws which describe the exact conditions which must be met in the state of Wisconsin... but it's summed up accurately in the news article:

"Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser each face a count of being a party to attempted first-degree intentional homicide, which automatically places them in adult court under Wisconsin law. "

More generally, my perusal of the link indicates that a juvenile may be tried as an adult in Wisconsin under the following conditions:
    -The juvenile is charged with assault or battery, and the offense took place while the juvenile was already being held in a juvenile detention or corrections facility.
    -The juvenile is charged with attempting or committing first-degree intentional homicide
    -The juvenile is charged with committing first-degree reckless homicide, or second-degree intentional homicide

Beyond those, there is another list of offenses which may result in the juvenile being charged as an adult... but that list of offenses requires a specific waiver be issued by the court, upon request of either the prosecutor or the juvenile in question:
    -If the juvenile is 15 years of age or older, either side may request a waiver to try the juvenile as an adult for any crime
    -If the juvenile is 14 years of age, the waiver may be requested for the following crimes: Felony Murder, Second-Degree Reckless Homicide, Sexual Assault (first or second degree only), Taking Hostages, Kidnapping, Burglary (only if committed with a dangerous weapon, explosives, or if someone is lawfully present in the dwelling at the time of the burglary), Robbery (only if committed with a dangerous weapon), Robbery of a Financial Institution, or Dealing Drugs (specifically, "Manufacture, Distribution, or Delivery of a controlled substance or a controlled substance analog).
    -If the juvenile is 14 years of age, a waiver may also be requested for a violation committed at the request of or for the benefit of a criminal gang, if the violation would be considered a felony if committed by an adult.

Whether or not those conditions are "strict" depends on your definition and perspective I suppose, but that is how it is spelled out by Wisconsin law. (Or at least, my reading of it.)

- - - Updated - - -

The victim is not dead, they have been charged with first-degree intentional homicide. Which is ridiculous because again, the victim survived.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...tutes/940/I/01
    Read this part again: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...8/III/183/1/am

"A juvenile who is alleged to have attempted or committed a violation of s. 940.01"

940.01 is the section you linked, and they have been charged with attempted intentional first-degree homicide.

- - - Updated - - -

I should probably comment that I don't actually support Wisconsin law in this case. I personally think that any attempt to charge a juvenile as an adult should always be opened with a hearing to determine the competency of said juvenile to stand trial as an adult.... if there's any doubt, it should remain in juvenile court.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2016-07-27 at 11:14 PM. Reason: removed needlessly inflammatory language

Americans have a tendancy to crave punishment and retribution, and that's what our justice system has turned into. Justice is as applicable to our system as the pAtriot act was patriotic

Its unfathomable for anyone to do that to a friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Why do we even have the whole "You are a minor, tried as a minor," if we regularly just try kids as adults?
    So we can apply the death penalty. Blood for the blood god?

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck do people insist that if you cna't vote you're not eligible for equal punishment? Wtf is this mentally retarded way of logic? It's no less wrong to do something just because you can't fucking vote yet, MY GOD. Sure, children shouldn't be punished as harshly for petty crimes like shoplifting or just getting in a fight but when you attempt murder or rape someone you cross a fucking line! It doesn't matter if they doesn't "understand what they're doing" a SIX YEAR OLD know what stabbing someone leads to. Reflect back to your past self, couldn't you understand what murder was when you were in 5th or 6th grade? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    I agree, those little kids who shot their parents/siblings should be tried as adults and given the death penalty for murder if convicted and that is within the states sentencing guidelines.

Imagine making Electric chairs for 5 year olds!

- - - Updated - - -

Do mentally ill adult also get executed now?
    Texas says "Hell yeah!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    So we can apply the death penalty. Blood for the blood god?
    I don't believe these people should be in regular prison but definitely a state hospital for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.