Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Like, Jesus Christ, if you want to complain get the complaints straight. Otherwise, don't be upset if no one takes such complaints seriously.
    Zulkan please, don't drink and post.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-07-28 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zanjin View Post
    it was a hunting camp that was no threat.
    they took er jeb!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Taylor was killed off screen in a completely unnecessary death, you have a conversation with his spirit, and then you get his spirit as a follower, and he becomes just another NPC. No contributions to the story or anything.
    While Nazgrim has a follow up in Legion story, yep. Siege or Orgrimmar was merely a setback.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stonetalon wasn't mana bombed ffs
    Do it changed something? Alot of young druids died there. Your point?

I take it you never quested in classic, they had been attacking the forsaken in that area since vanilla, as well as sending supplies to the alliance and vice versa for the eventual take over of the area.
    Or maybe its you? Most of vanilla Southshore quests was about killing spiders/kobolds/yeti/ogres.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalazar View Post
    And yet, despite all this, despite there being hardly anything for the horde and loads for the Alliance, night elves especially, you don't hear cries of us horde players shouting ALLIANCE FAVORITISM.
    That's because you'd have to be pretty dang stupid to think that after God knows how many years of orcs, Horde, more orcs, and more Horde, that an expansion FINALLY giving the Alliance players a shred of scraps is "favoritism".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    The Horde died the moment the entire faction went full-out pansy mode and tagged along with the Alliance to raid Orgrimmar. The nail in the coffin was when a scumbag troll weakling became Warchief. MoP was a great expansion all-out, but the ending was one of the worst endings I have ever experienced playing this game. Even worse than the comical Cataclysm ending. What you see now of the Horde are nothing but Alliance servants lore-wise. Even the Horde community(consisting mostly of clueless bumpkins or Alliance alts) is rather imbecilic to say the least.

P.S. No, I'm not an Alliance player. Been a Horde player playing one character and one class only with zero alts since January 2007(TBC). There was a time when being Horde was cool, now you just reaffirm that you're a pansy(lore-wise, especially those femboys that praise the Orgrimmar raid) or you simply can't play worth for jack.
    *hugging ImplaerEU*
    I can feel you bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You could have Blizzard write about the Horde being completely obliterated with none of their members surviving and you'd still have some Alliance half-wits complaining that it's Horde favoritism because it's them getting more screen time, more unique story or whatever.
    yes that' true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If your view of favoritism is raiding your own city and spending 2 years killing a core race of your faction until even you hate the race, then yes. Bring me an Alliance xpac, I want to raid stormwind and kill humans.
    Good point
    Touche
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I still want to see these mythical expansions about the horde.

I remember 3 involving Garrosh's story arc and how his characterization went up in flames like the Hindenburg, but I don't recall much screen time dedicated to anything but his moronic Rule.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Everything that is happening in the lore during the past expansions has been carefully calculated in order to slowly elevate the Horde and nerf the position of the Alliance lorewise. This includes taking away Alliance-alligned cities into crossfaction hubs or simply destroying them(with the scale of destruction not being equal), taking away heroes and memorable characters from the Alliance, manipulating the lore in order to populate the Horde as a faction(ie coming up with vague reasons such as "Alliance battle plans" to allign the current occupants of Quel'thalas with the Horde) and much more.
    not this again
    "cry"
    I'm tired the Blood elf's joined the HORDE years ago
    let it go
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I like to imagine the ghosts of all those dead ingame mentioned here, facepalming that their tragic fates were reduced to mere discussion points.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    The fact of the matter is, the people screaming the loudest about "unfairness" in the story fit in one or both of these categories: They either haven't been playing since the beginning to see just how Alliance favored the beginning of the game actually was or they have no idea that fictional stories do not have to be a 50/50 "tug of war", if you can even call it that, between two opposing groups.
    Just because one faction was favored in the beginning doesn't mean you have to favor the other faction suddenly. If it was unfair for the Alliance to be the focus in Vanilla then it is equally unfair that the Horde was the focus in Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    When the Allied powers liberated Vichy France from Philippe Pétain they didn't open fire on the French Resistance. Shooting the victim doesn't solve problems and is kinda psychotic.
    Ogrimmar wasn't Vichy France though, it was Berlin. The Allies sure as hell camped out there after defeating the Nazi's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    I still want to see these mythical expansions about the horde.

I remember 3 involving Garrosh's story arc and how his characterization went up in flames like the Hindenburg, but I don't recall much screen time dedicated to anything but his moronic Rule.
    And since he was the ruler of the Horde it was a story about the Horde and its inner politics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helonjr View Post
    I'd argue that even MoP wasn't that Alliance-centric either. It was definitely more even than Cata, but Ally lore wasn't written that much better, to the extent that Horde lore was in Cata... Basically all we had was Dalaran, and the subsequent questing with Jaina and Vereesa and the rest of the Kirin-Tor Offensive at Island of Thunder. We had some great character development with Anduin, but we had a horrible one with Tyrande and the whole Patience scenario as well.

In fact, the whole High King route they took with Varian was uncalled for and it just proves that they don't know how to handle the Alliance. We're different from the Horde because all of our races are independent and they don't need to bow down to a centralized figure of power like a Warchief or a High King. We're bound by principle and not strength nor convenience. It is easier, however, to focus on one character instead of 7 completely different races with completely different cultures and power structure. There was no need to make Varian High King, he's King of Stormwind and that was enough.

I couldn't agree more with Disreali. Every time they try to give some attention to the Alliance, they just make it clear that they don't really understand what draws players to it in the first place. It shows that the Devs either understand the Horde much better, or care more about it, because its story is often written much better. I'll admit that it is much easier to please Horde players, give them some badass combat in war and they're pretty much pleased. The fault we have as Alliance players is that we expect our lore to be different, to have badass combat for sure, but to have all of our races to contribute to the faction on their own unique way... We expect our heroes to remain loyal, and not to become neutral (Tirion, Khadgar, Magni it seems and I'll bet Turalyon and Alleria will be neutral as well). I really don't believe devs allienate the Alliance on purpose, they do it because the Horde is much more interesting to them while the Alliance, to them, is just some Tolkianesque fantasy cliché in the way.
    Don't forget about how Horde had a pretty epic quest chain where you retook Razor Hill, while alliance...got to drive a robot cat and click 3 things. The really amusing thing about that, you know the lesson Blizzard took from that? "Huh, alliance players must not like stealth quests." I've never seen a group of developers that clueless in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Just because one faction was favored in the beginning doesn't mean you have to favor the other faction suddenly. If it was unfair for the Alliance to be the focus in Vanilla then it is equally unfair that the Horde was the focus in Cataclysm.
    How is equalizing the amount of zones and stories focusing on the Horde?

Ogrimmar wasn't Vichy France though, it was Berlin. The Allies sure as hell camped out there after defeating the Nazi's.
    Yes, there were tons of Nazi rebels helping the Allies conquer Berlin. Very apt comparison.

And since he was the ruler of the Horde it was a story about the Horde and its inner politics.
    For two patches of one expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Do it changed something? Alot of young druids died there. Your point?
    not a mana bomb, and Garrosh killed the orc for using the bomb there anyways.

Or maybe its you? Most of vanilla Southshore quests was about killing spiders/kobolds/yeti/ogres.
    who would of thunk that you really would try to hide behind your inability to admit that you are wrong

You kill a forsaken messanger as an Alliance to figure out what they were up to, Horde side has several wanted quests for the murder of forsaken and the raiding of their supplies. At the end of the Battle of Hillsbrad they have you sabatoge their taxes and ledger so they can't continue to aid the Alliance alongside the Dwarves. So please go on and say Southshore was completely innocent and the other weird headcanon stuff you will surely post. Take some time to think out your post, eternal victimhood must take alot of energy.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-07-28 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Don't forget about how Horde had a pretty epic quest chain where you retook Razor Hill, while alliance...got to drive a robot cat and click 3 things. The really amusing thing about that, you know the lesson Blizzard took from that? "Huh, alliance players must not like stealth quests." I've never seen a group of developers that clueless in my life.
    And 5.1 culminated with Garrosh getting his ass kicked and losing one of his most loyal followers. With the scenario at the start being about Garrosh's backstabbing nature and Vol'jin's idiocy while the Alliance kicked Horde's ass in Chi-Ji's temple scenario. But hey, let's be selective.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    So please go on and say Southshore was completely innocent and the other weird headcanon stuff you will surely post.
    Well, lore forum needs to get its comedy somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    That's because you'd have to be pretty dang stupid to think that after God knows how many years of orcs, Horde, more orcs, and more Horde, that an expansion FINALLY giving the Alliance players a shred of scraps is "favoritism".
    And most of that Orcs, Horde, more Orcs and more Horde involved killing them by the truckloads. So much Horde favoritism. And "shred of scraps"? Share the stuff you're smoking around, it's clearly too strong for one person. The Alliance had their own stories in each expansion.

So much of the alliance vs horde conflict in wow reminds me of red vs blue

red vs blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    So much of the alliance vs horde conflict in wow reminds me of red vs blue

[video=youtube_share;9N8IpxO6rKs]https://youtu.be/9N8IpxO6rKs?t=135[video]
    minus the intentional comedy. (mostly)
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    if people stop treating wow's lore like theyre watching a football game then sure, but that'll never happen
    Hahaha, I was going to make a comment but this pretty much sums up what I was going to say even better.

This is pretty much the problem. People want to be backseat storytellers and not accept that sometimes the Horde will be stronger, or sometimes the Alliance, and given that events vary there are going to be some stories more focused on the Horde than the Alliance and vice versa. There have been countless times where the Alliance has been the primary focus (Classic, Wrath of the Lich King, and now Legion) yet it's turned into this idiotic thing in the community now to the point where people look for reasons to bawl about the Alliance being treated poorly.

In the end, the Alliance are the traditional "good guys". They will naturally, though storytelling tropes, have a much worse time because they hold themselves up to a higher standard as heroes than the Horde does. That's an aspect of storytelling that the Alliance and Horde have revolved around since the dawn of time and it's not going anywhere. Stories aren't "fair" and often the morally superior group ends up being shit on repeatedly before coming out on top.

I had to fuking attend Thrall's wedding. You have no right to complain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I had to fuking attend Thrall's wedding. You have no right to complain.
    and Thrall Attend Malfrioum Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    and Thrall Attend Malfrioum Wedding
    He didn't. He sent Thura I think.