So is it alpha wolf into doom wolves first for the artifact tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    Apologies if the question was already asked before, but I'm wondering what the optimal starting opener looks like ? (when spec'ed for Boulderfist / Hailstorm)
    1) Feral Lunge + Feral Spirits
    2) Boulderfist
    3) Frostbrand
    4) Flametongue
    5) Boulderfist
    6) Stormstrike if enough Maelstrom / Boulderfist otherwise (if Feral Spirits weren't up, let's say)
    7) Go on with the usual priority of refreshing buffs / using procs

Or do you Flametongue first, then Boulderfist ? If you don't spec in Crashing Storm for any reason, do you still use Crash Lightning in single target rotation ? I guess you wouldn't.

Thanks
    Is this for pve/pvp? If for pvp, I'd say you should save Feral Lunge for when your opponent gets away, unless you can't get into melee range in the opener. Also if it's for pvp, then correct you'd want FB up. Otherwise I don't think it matters FB or FT is up first since you want them both up and they are only 1 GCD difference.

If you don't talent into CL, you still want to use CL on single target in Legion. There's an Artifact talent that buffs the CL, might as well get used to it now.

Deleted
    Apologies if the question was already asked before, but I'm wondering what the optimal starting opener looks like ? (when spec'ed for Boulderfist / Hailstorm)
    1) Feral Lunge + Feral Spirits
    2) Boulderfist
    3) Frostbrand
    4) Flametongue
    5) Boulderfist
    6) Stormstrike if enough Maelstrom / Boulderfist otherwise (if Feral Spirits weren't up, let's say)
    7) Go on with the usual priority of refreshing buffs / using procs

Or do you Flametongue first, then Boulderfist ? If you don't spec in Crashing Storm for any reason, do you still use Crash Lightning in single target rotation ? I guess you wouldn't.

Thanks
    Flametongue first because your 4 set effect increase your nature damage by 10%, followed by Boulderfist which will get the 10% damage bonus from the set, then frostbrand then follow the normal priority, during bl you should generate enough maelstorm to use CL on cd and dump maelstrom into LLs (if that doesnt interfeer with your SS usage ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    If you don't talent into CL, you still want to use CL on single target in Legion. There's an Artifact talent that buffs the CL, might as well get used to it now.
    That trait is not enough to bring up CL in ST without CS.

I love this WA setup WordUp - the only thing it seems to be missing for me is the Charges on BoulderFist - but I guess I can easily make an additional aura for that.

Always been using Hailstorm because of the great damage but i've switched it out to Ancestral Swiftness now and the playstyle without Frostbrand feels more smooth i think. I had some downtime (not much) when using Frostbrand in the rotation but now i don't.
    Also, i've noticed that most "hardcore raiders" are going with AS over Hailstorm on the beta. Not really sure what's best but it definitely feels better with AS.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2016-07-29 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribs View Post
    I love this WA setup WordUp - the only thing it seems to be missing for me is the Charges on BoulderFist - but I guess I can easily make an additional aura for that.
    Extra stuff like spell CDs/Charge counters I'll probably set up like in WoD, but they aren't as much a priority right now since I don't generally use them, hopefully soon enough though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Always been using Hailstorm because of the great damage but i've switched it out to Ancestral Swiftness now and the playstyle without Frostbrand feels more smooth i think. I had some downtime (not much) when using Frostbrand in the rotation but now i don't.
    Also, i've noticed that most "hardcore raiders" are going with AS over Hailstorm on the beta. Not really sure what's best but it definitely feels better with AS.
    That's a very broad strokes statement. Hailstorm is superior until 4-5 targets, whether it be 100 or 110, the "most hardcore raiders" should still be using Hailstorm (and I wonder where you've cut that line since I speak to a good number of them, myself not included). AS is only pushing noticeably ahead if there is constant, high target AoE, i.e. in M+ dungeons.

Stole Werdup's weakauras and tweaked them a little bit (mainly made them bigger)

Hi Sephurik

Here's to hoping the Details/Skada/Recount devs fix the Stormlash damage not being attributed to the casting Shaman soon !

Deleted
    Volitar, could you share your work? I'm not that good at Weakauras and I need lil bigger auras, like you did.

Deleted
    Here's to hoping the Details/Skada/Recount devs fix the Stormlash damage not being attributed to the casting Shaman soon !
    Why the hell should they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    Why the hell should they do that?
    Because that it is the intent:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Stormlash and Greater Blessings are indeed intended to be numerically valuable contributions to group success from Enhancement and Retribution (part of their fantasy is in buffing their allies). Their damage or other effects should be attributed to the Enhancement/Retribution player, as far as contribution to the group's damage goes. We'll ensure that the combat logging events are there to allow this to be done.
    Warcraftlogs is already doing it, seems the in game meters are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Because that it is the intent:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Stormlash and Greater Blessings are indeed intended to be numerically valuable contributions to group success from Enhancement and Retribution (part of their fantasy is in buffing their allies). Their damage or other effects should be attributed to the Enhancement/Retribution player, as far as contribution to the group's damage goes. We'll ensure that the combat logging events are there to allow this to be done.
    Warcraftlogs is already doing it, seems the in game meters are not.
    well that's unexpectly good news, never thought blizzard would actually do something like that. But yeah, seems logical...after I met several paladins who were too lazy to give bom in pugs. thanks for pointing that out...

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    well that's unexpectly good news, never thought blizzard would actually do something like that. But yeah, seems logical...after I met several paladins who were too lazy to give bom in pugs. thanks for pointing that out...
    Gotta read it carefully, though.

We'll ensure that the combat logging events are there to allow this to be done.
    Skada and Recount, by and large, report combat log data as it is presented. Each player who gets your Stormlash buff during a fight will see a line under their Damage Done that shows Stormlash. Because, in the logs, it is effectively [Ally] [Stormlash] [1410 Damage].

The combat log allows WCL and addons to go ahead and attribute that damage to the Shaman because they can combine pieces of information and then reattribute that damage to you as a Shaman.

When an ally does Stormlash damage, the addons can be setup to see whose Stormlash buff that player had at the time, then reassign the damage to the Shaman. This is what WCL does and what addons don't do at the moment.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    I did some testing with the 30 percent haste buff from the rock by the training dummies. I was getting almost 70 percent haste with AS so I figured Hailstorm would be the clear winner with 60 percent haste. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but using Hailstorm at my ilvl, around 800, was a dps loss for me.

I have Doom Wolves and Alpha Wolf traits. Boulderfist, Landslide and Crashing Storm.

At 70 percent haste, the spec is real fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Gotta read it carefully, though.

Skada and Recount, by and large, report combat log data as it is presented. Each player who gets your Stormlash buff during a fight will see a line under their Damage Done that shows Stormlash. Because, in the logs, it is effectively [Ally] [Stormlash] [1410 Damage].

The combat log allows WCL and addons to go ahead and attribute that damage to the Shaman because they can combine pieces of information and then reattribute that damage to you as a Shaman.

When an ally does Stormlash damage, the addons can be setup to see whose Stormlash buff that player had at the time, then reassign the damage to the Shaman. This is what WCL does and what addons don't do at the moment.
    Well I only care about logs, so if this really works this way it's more than fine with me. We got some serious dps whores in our raid and I already feared that there will be huge fights about who's getting bom for best wcl rankings. If thats being dealt with, I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmc View Post
    I did some testing with the 30 percent haste buff from the rock by the training dummies. I was getting almost 70 percent haste with AS so I figured Hailstorm would be the clear winner with 60 percent haste. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but using Hailstorm at my ilvl, around 800, was a dps loss for me.

I have Doom Wolves and Alpha Wolf traits. Boulderfist, Landslide and Crashing Storm.

At 70 percent haste, the spec is real fun
    At the risk of sounding massively ignorant (although it's also obvious you're talking about beta and not live)... what's this about a rock by the training dummies?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    At the risk of sounding massively ignorant (although it's also obvious you're talking about beta and not live)... what's this about a rock by the training dummies?
    Horde has a Rock in their Garrison, where you can get certain buffs that you can unlock in Frostfire Ridge. There is a 100% Haste Buff available from those "blessings of the frostwolves".
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Horde has a Rock in their Garrison, where you can get certain buffs that you can unlock in Frostfire Ridge. There is a 100% Haste Buff available from those "blessings of the frostwolves".
    Ohh those rocks! Alliance gets similar from Draenei statues in Shadowmoon Valley... I don't think there are any near the Garrison, though.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    He means the Garrison dummy. The rock can give differents bonuses: can make a Wolf spawn while you fightning to help you, or make you become a giant ogre with some elemental effect or you can get a haste buff, maybe theres another buffi honestly forgot.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmoc08ba0ac6b2; 2016-07-30 at 01:15 PM.