Is the statue good in any situation? I was thinking about taking the statue in 5 mans over Chi-Ji and now I am finding myself being unsure.

If mana is not a huge issue in Dungeons, then in situations where Soothing is not enough to keep someone alive by itself, I can just spam some Effuse or even Vivify on them, both of which result in greater single target healing than Soothing + Statue. So Soothing + Statue is not really useful. Right? If that is the case, isn't it always better to have Chi-Ji help you out for 45 secs during a boss fight, than getting the Statue? I feel like I am totally missing or not understanding something. What do you guys think? Any advice on whether to take Statue or Chi-Ji for 5 man Dungeons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Is the statue good in any situation? I was thinking about taking the statue in 5 mans over Chi-Ji and now I am finding myself being unsure.

If mana is not a huge issue in Dungeons, then in situations where Soothing is not enough to keep someone alive by itself, I can just spam some Effuse or even Vivify on them, both of which result in greater single target healing than Soothing + Statue. So Soothing + Statue is not really useful. Right? If that is the case, isn't it always better to have Chi-Ji help you out for 45 secs during a boss fight, than getting the Statue? I feel like I am totally missing or not understanding something. What do you guys think? Any advice on whether to take Statue or Chi-Ji for 5 man Dungeons?
    Statue was useful for tank healing before the bug fix where it would continue casting soothing mist indefinitely without you, right now Chi-Ji is better in all situations.

Deleted
    Chi-ji makes you able to focus alot heavier on the tank when he is up. The crane healing is a mini vivify afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Chi-ji makes you able to focus alot heavier on the tank when he is up. The crane healing is a mini vivify afterall.
    Ironically then, Chi-Ji fills the main role that the Statue is supposed to offer better than the Statue itself.
    Last edited by lycrates; 2016-07-28 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Is the statue good in any situation? I was thinking about taking the statue in 5 mans over Chi-Ji and now I am finding myself being unsure
    I feel like the current mistweaving playstyle does not even allow the efficient use of the statue.

I know, I know. "Mistweaver is still viable. It's still a good spec. L2P" But why did they have to make it so boring? Every single interesting thing or clever ability interaction has been purged from the spec and been replaced with cookie cutter paladin-esque cast time spells.

Deleted
    Every healer got cast times on their powerful healing spells. Mistweavers does however got tea to make 1 instant and an other castable while moving.

Deleted
    How often do you find yourself using TFT on something else than Vivify or ReM?

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    How often do you find yourself using TFT on something else than Vivify or ReM?
    Idk, Is it actually a waste to use your tft with enveloping mist when using lifecycles? naturally your next spell should be vivify after casting an enveloping mist, so I guess the only time you would want to cast enveloping mist with a tft would be on the 2nd charge so that you don't negate your lifecycles bonus with your tft bonus. So it's not entirely useless to use your tft on enveloping mist(there are many times instant spot healing is needed), but only do so on the 2nd charge.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-07-28 at 01:13 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by xZen View Post
    I know, I know. "Mistweaver is still viable. It's still a good spec. L2P" But why did they have to make it so boring? Every single interesting thing or clever ability interaction has been purged from the spec and been replaced with cookie cutter paladin-esque cast time spells.
    Funny you should say that. I have raided for a long time on a holy paladin, and I am really enjoying MW on beta. I am considering switching to it for Legion.

About the other, outside of a specific situational issue I would suspect the best use of TFT is going to be on ReM most of the time - to keep as many of them out and hopping around the raid as much as possible and for vivify procs. The only drawback I can see is that you may end up getting more vivify procs than you can afford to use.

I disagree completely. I was playing Holy Priest, and it was the epitome of boring - Heal, Flash Heal, Serenity, Renew, Prayer of Mending. I cast the same bland spells with no options really until i'm OOM, then I wait for mana to tick back up.

With MW, I have some cast times, yes...but TFT changes everything, and opens up a lot of options. Rising Thunder allows me to then maximize the TFT. The talent options take it further (life cycles, etc). I've actually switched my main because the MW was so much more "fun" than the Priest.

Personally I find the spec far more interesting and engaging now than it was in WoD. What interesting or clever things do you feel were purged?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    Personally I find the spec far more interesting and engaging now than it was in WoD. What interesting or clever things do you feel were purged?
    I think the things that gave Mistweaver class identity were mana tea, chi, and though it was more recent, stances. I think damage -> healing is a much better fistweaving design because your healing is linked to you damaging the target, instead of changing target just to hit it once and then drink a tea and then heal an ally and maybe sometimes hit it for mana and pray no one gets chunked.

I think that the changes to soothing mist are simply awful. It used to be something you could use in conjunction with other abilities, now it is just something you can hopefully use a bit despite your abilities. I think spreading HoTs to set up the ability to do raid healing through Uplift is a much more interesting mechanic than "Press Button Channel AoE Healing".

Basically, I believe that if the spec had been as it is now in WoD, and the way it was before was what they changed it to in 7.0, everyone would be praising Blizzard for their clever class changes and interesting abilities interactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of the things that made monk unique were simply just annoying nerfing mechanics? Being forced to drink mana tea is honestly about as interesting as channeling soothing mist in downtime. I personally fucking hated the fact I needed to weave in mana tea into my max hps rotation (especially with 2700+ spirit in BRF/HFC), because it felt horrible.

Stance Dancing was another thing. Sure it was a "Unique" mechanic, but it just came a restrictive mechanic because of the ramp-up of both specs, and the GCD attached.

I find soothing mist to be clunky now, mostly as a result of renewing mist. Casting renewing mist every 8 seconds (as is practically mandatory) breaks your channel over and over again. I think you should start channeling soothing mist on your initial renewing mist target. There are a number of times that I've realized I'm standing around doing nothing when I thought that I would be channeling. I also found renewing mist breaking the old soothing cast clunky and annoying too, so apparently this is just a continuation of the status quo.

I find mist wrap to be a great talent because it minimizes the breaks from soothing mist, which makes the game play feel better in my opinion. Before the changes moving broke your channel, sure, but you could instantly start it again. Now your baseline spells all have a spin up time to them, so if you move it takes time before you can get your soothing mist back up. Having that steady stream of soothing on your target was nice for smoothing dips and it also interacted nicely with the other spells in the tool kit. Now soothing is a weird afterthought, which I don't like.

Alternatively, the statue should be baseline and it should be the one casting soothing mist on your targets, only changing when you cast a trigger spell on a new target. Change the talent to give your statue 50% additional healing.

Deleted
    So I got a first try on the "new mistweaver" in a LFR...

How do we actually manage big AoE raid damage right now? It used to be so awesome spamming uplifts and RJW...
    How do you guys do it now? TFT with ReM, Chi Burst, crane guy, and Mana Tea with Essence Font spam? Or isn't Essence Font used much because of its ridiculous cost?

Or is it more like TFT+ReM and Vivify spamming? with an OCCASIONAL essence font?

Is Enveloping even used often? I found myself barely using it, except on a tank or someone taking constant damage, but that's about it, so I don't see myself using lifecycles for now.

Hopefully I can get some advice to get back on level -_-

Essence Font is cheap for the amount of healing it does when used correctly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Essence Font is cheap for the amount of healing it does when used correctly
    So what is considered "correctly"?
    When whole raid takes a ton of damage? For moderate AoE damage you just Vivify spam with Effuse spam on the ones dropping a bit lower?

@Floopa Flipper whats the best healing spec come first Legion raid?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    So what is considered "correctly"?
    When whole raid takes a ton of damage? For moderate AoE damage you just Vivify spam with Effuse spam on the ones dropping a bit lower?
    I would say never Vivify spam anything.

Try to avoid casting Vivify without the +40% proc. You sometimes "need" to cast it without the proc when you are weaving EM and Vivify with Lifecycles talent, but preferably dont do that, use Effuse instead.

How I do it usually is EF channel, then for the 6 sec hot duration I cast Vivify on someone then EM on someone and let Soothing follow up that EM target. Then ReM someone and new Essence Font channel, Vivify, EM, SM, ReM.... rinse and repeat.... if you want to fill that SM situation use a Vivify proc or Effuse.

If you are using that jade wind tornado talent thingy you obviously push that first, then EF and so on. I just find the radius and mana cost so poop that the crazy bird cooldown is a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.