Thread: Epic Khadgar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    He's not wrong. This and the Gul'dan one have been completely pointless.
    As were Lords of War and the Burdens of Shaohao, they all show stuff that happens before the expansion, they're all about giving background and context, not providing new stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    As were Lords of War and the Burdens of Shaohao, they all show stuff that happens before the expansion, they're all about giving background and context, not providing new stories.
    And they failed to do that. Nothing in the Gul'dan thing or this one mattered. Nothing changes because Gul'dan has a sad background or because a Dreadlord tried to dupe Khadgar in Karazhan. If these hadn't been made, everything would be exactly the same. They are meaningless. A lot of flash, zero substance.

Wel, now we know Khadgar isn't going to be evil. I had my doubts about him but now he seems pretty uncorrupt.

7+ Year Old Account
    He's not wrong. This and the Gul'dan one have been completely pointless.
    The gul'dan one was a bit over mediore. It did show how he started his path, while it did quite a pathetic job with it. Why is he not a cripple in the end of the cinematic, while he is a cripple now again? Where did his clan originate? It seems like it had no impact in dreanor at all. I would really have wished to see, which demons took contact with Gul'dan, maybe even create some new character about it.

But yeah, the Medivh one is totally dumb. We know Khadgar! He is always "stay together and fight against the stronger enemy!", not that that is bad, but we don't need a cool new cinematic to know that. It would have been great if the cinematic could show us, why Khadgar is doing all this? Is he feeling like he needs to be the leader for the free people of Azeroth? Does he feel that it is his destiny? In WoD, Khadgar just came out of nowhere, gave little reason to why he wanted to start leading the heroes now, instead of before. That we sadly did not get. We got some boring filler, so fuck that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The Lord of War showed some good backstory. They kind of remade all the Warlords, so most of the Lords of War cinematic gave some new info and hyped up these NEW characters. That they then did not use any of this backstory at all, is a completly other complaint for another day, but the problem with the gul'dan/Khadgar cinematic, is that they are pretty known characters. We know what they want, and to some extent why they want it, so Blizzard could use these cinematics to show something, which we possibly could not know, like some new story for the expansion, introduce some new characters to give them a boost into the new expansion or maybe just empower our characters. This is not done in the cinematics... But it is done in the comics If they just made some of the cinematics like they have made the comics, then things would be a bit better.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Wel, now we know Khadgar isn't going to be evil. I had my doubts about him but now he seems pretty uncorrupt.
    LOL why?
    He managed to escape from the corruption once, maybe if the situation gets dire enough, he would sucumb to it.
    In fact what the video shows up is that he has already been tempted in the past, opening the door to a future successful try the next time

And they failed to do that. Nothing in the Gul'dan thing or this one mattered. Nothing changes because Gul'dan has a sad background or because a Dreadlord tried to dupe Khadgar in Karazhan. If these hadn't been made, everything would be exactly the same. They are meaningless. A lot of flash, zero substance.
    That's kind of the point. They're marketing glitz.

Any vital story they could try to tell in these 5 minute spots is going to be rushed and would probably lose average viewers. These shorts are designed for people who are not lore-hounds. It's a flashy set of keys to jangle.

I find them entertaining purely on an audio-visual level. I love the "animatic" style.