Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    People are stuck in this psychotic state where they think the healing mods auto-heal for you like they did in Vanilla until they were fixed. Just like Decursive auto-cleansed in Vanilla until it was fixed. If you polled the community you'd find a great number of folks who just have no idea what exactly these add-ons did but were against them "just because". These are the same morons that ruined Old Republic with their protests against add-ons.
    Exactly, People think that with macros you can one-shot everyone on PVP. It's that same ignorant playerbase that proceeds to make threads about why WoW is dying and why WoW is ruined, If WoW is ruined for you, please just quit the fucking forums and go on with your life. You are the ones making this game die, by making false and ignorant assumptions which new players might read and think, "Oh so this game addons are OP and blizzard does nothing? Too bad i wanted to play it".

Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Some people hardly use addons, and content is designed without addons in mind, addons are a different section that we use to easier make things a little more simple, or easier.

The only addons that actually could be claimed to ruin anything would be.. Battleground Targets and DeadlyBossMods

But even so, they aren't a demand to have, you can run without - they are just a simple solution to something tougher. Over the years, boss fights has become much more than they were, so some tools are of course created to counter it - it is called, adaptation. We adapt to the situation by the tools we have.
    Try doing Iskar or Archimonde without addons. Even top guilds like Serenity have addon and WA string makers solely for fights like Archimonde and Iskar. Blizzard must first stop designing fights that require addons before they limit the impact of addons.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if there were no addons then perhaps Blizzard would have implemented a useful auction house, a la EVE.

But, eh, whatever. Blizzard is generally a follower, not a leader. If there were no addons, then the only UI improvements in the game would come from competitors' games.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Try doing Iskar or Archimonde without addons. Even top guilds like Serenity have addon and WA string makers solely for fights like Archimonde and Iskar. Blizzard must first stop designing fights that require addons before they limit the impact of addons.
    Then that is an encounter problem.
    The addon is popular and so effective because it is solving a problem.
    That is not an issue with addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

iskar is a spectacularly bad example

if you can't do winds or generally speaking pass the eye without an addon dedicated to that purpose you're incompetent

(a lot of people who play this game are incompetent)

- - - Updated - - -

and while archimonde is harder, you certainly could do wroughts without addons by doing what the early kills did and standing in a circle

marks in P3 would be harder to deal with without DBM telling each person where to run, but that could also be done easily enough with assignments (especially since many classes can solo them anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I have done Iskar HC without an Addon. Was a bit intense, but was doable.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For me addons are one of the things that made WoW great. The lack of addons was one of the big reasons why I couldn't stick with GW2; I was constantly annoyed with the lack of functionality and the layout of the interface and there was nothing I could do to fix. There obviously needs to be limits to what can and cannot be done by addons, but overall I think this is one of the few areas where Blizzard has done a reasonably good job.

Forsooth and Bosstalk improves the game a thousandfold.

If I want to macro the audio file for Yogg'Saron screaming MADNESS WILL CONSUME YOU! to my priest's void explosion then die to surrender to madness, then I would say that my gameplay has been improved greatly.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop pointing at good features pretending they ruined anything.
    The game is "ruined" by being old and the MMO genre isn't so attractive anymore.
    Enjoy while it lasts.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-07-30 at 09:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I once got accused of being a shitty player due to using MrRobot to tell me what's BiS for my char. According to that dude I should do the math myself..... Can't do anything else but roll my eyes at that type of ignorant twats.

I feel a bit of the same towards people calming Addons are playing the game for us. No they don't. They really don't. I can't take that type of simplistic and exaggerated argumentation seriously.

I've been around this game since its launch, for me Addons has never played the game for me (I use quite a lot). What it has done however is help me play at my full potential. If I just derp around, and don't really give a damn about _how to anything_ in this game no Addon in the world will make me a good player. I'll at best be mediocre, and will most likely be a burden to my group/raid.
    Now, you can be a great player without Addons, as long as the will to be good, to improve, to be the best you can be is there. Sometimes Addons/macros might be "required" to be able to deal with some really difficult boss mechanics efficiently (you can still fail to embarrassing shit with Addons/macros, just remember that). But outside of that you can do excellent without them.

Now, I don't know if I am correct about this but I'm fairly sure I've read blue's stating that they do take into account bossmods when designing hard boss encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, I have done Iskar HC without an Addon. Was a bit intense, but was doable.
    I'm positive he didn't mean HC but Mythic.

Some are good and some are bad. Over use can be troubling. But most are pretty much just appearance and information highlighted in a way better than it is with standard UI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Hello there,
    As the title says, does anyone ever think that addons over simplified the game ?
    Everyone has become so used to addons it's basically playing the game for us, everything from cd tracking to debuff tracking to encounter timers, heck even garrison tracking and plenty of other things that have trivialized content, people whine about how easy this game has become when their addons are doing 75% of the work.
    I mean a lot of people believe the game has become too simple and catered towards casual which I agree with entirely, though I do get this feeling that if blizzard had instead reduced the number of addons permitted at least to a bare minimum ( like damage meters or simple UI altering addons) the game would be somewhat harder to play.
    Damage meters are the reason for the most toxic people and you exclude it?

Now whether harder to play correlates with more fun to play is entirely up to the player, but for me at least I feel like this game is becoming less and less an MMORPG and more about numbers and stats and figures on a chart, people don't want to do anything that's fun, they just want to do efficient things with minimal effort.
    and thats the case since vanilla....

Think of it this way, the skill floor / ceiling have gotten so close to each other over the years, if most people would turn off their addons and play they wouldn't even perform at half of what they usually do, addons indirectly trivialize skill which indirectly affects effort to enjoyment ratio.
    jesh what an amount of addon HATE.... I for my part are happy that I can choose how my UI looks thanks to addons.

Now the real question is, would it be more satisfying to get the best rewards with little to no effort ? would that not simply reduce the incentive to even participate in said structure to begin with ? I mean where is the fun in that ? a challenging task is rewarding because it is challenging.
    how about you play in a top 10 guild for a year and come again afterwards?

Instead of having blizzard make the game harder and more complex simply to cope with the hundreds of addons that cut complexity and difficulty , why not simply remove most addons and keep the most basic ones?
    No, thank you I dont want to have simple fights like MC anymore or such guild harassment as four horsemen.

Deleted
    Thank god for DBM and the likes. I doubt mythic or actually even normal and heroic would have so many mechanics and tight tuning they have now because they pretty much design the raids with addons in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Then that is an encounter problem.
    The addon is popular and so effective because it is solving a problem.
    That is not an issue with addons.
    Without it, people are helpless. Its not a problem with the encounter, you can function in this fight without an addon easily. You can make a macro or you can keybind your extra action button. Its a problem with the players, its addon dependency. You need an addon that color codes raid frames and instantly tosses on click. People who say addons like DBM influence boss mechanics make me laugh, because every mechanic in HFC has an audio or visual queue already, all DBM does is act as an amplifier. There is absolutely nothing wrong with enhancing your UI. I'm just saying there are ruinous addons, not all addons are bad. Ruinous addons make you a worse player, because without them you cannot interact with the game at the same level.

and I'm curious: What does Blizzard do at Blizzcon for dungeon/raid races and PvP in regards to addons? I thought that most high rated PvPers don't rely too heavily on them because they were not allowed.

DBM/Big wigs, yes for sure.

Deleted
    Only addon I use it BattlegroundTarget. DBM and Recount ruined raiding for me and I wont raid until those addons are banned.

Altoholic and z-perl are not game changers. Most of my addons let me quickly see information about my toon, but as I do not raid and hardly ever even bother to group they are just for me not for everyone else and their mummy.

People who whine about recount/skada, which allow us to see that they suck, and won't install addons like dbm/bigwigs or weakauras, are ruining the game. For others and themselves.

Lots of addons aren't necessary to play the game at a competitively high level

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Damage meters are the reason for the most toxic people and you exclude it?
    How the fuck is playing your class optimally considered toxic? Also, you might want to reroll DH since as Bliz stated, it will have little difference between good and bad players. Will suit you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    Only addon I use it BattlegroundTarget. DBM and Recount ruined raiding for me and I wont raid until those addons are banned.
    You haven't even raided anything above LFR. Wtf you on about?
    Last edited by Mlz; 2016-07-30 at 02:50 PM.