Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Simple, every time a new expansion launches you can have a trial for a few days to level up to 1 exp before the previous expansion's level cap, and you can try new zones and class changes, if that's not enough for you good riddance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Same here. I'm not sure, whether Blizzard have fixed all problems with outdoor content to make it enjoyable without flying and how pruned classes are felt like. Blizzard have never given me Beta access - I had MOP Beta access only, cuz I've bought it via annual pass (delivery of this access was delayed by several weeks though, cuz Blizzard decided that paying sub fee in time - was extremely important thing, important to a point, where whole B.net account could have been banned for not doing it, but "access to Beta, when it will be available" in agreement, I had signed - wasn't really important thing, so giving access to players, who had purchased it, in 100500th invite wave - was totally ok), but I wasn't able to test anything there anyway due to client crashes every 2 minutes. Initially I planned not to buy Legion at launch and continue playing WOD content instead. But now, after reading all feedback, I'm not even sure. And I don't want to pay money to figure out, how game is felt now. Especially $50 for Legion. So yeah, week of free Legion trial would be great. Blizzard lost my trust and I no longer want to buy their product to try it only.
    Every expansion has a trial for a few days if you haven't bought it. There are just restrictions, you can't expect them to give you full legion access and you to level to 110 and set up everything for free. If your trust is lost then gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Every expansion has a trial for a few days if you haven't bought it. There are just restrictions, you can't expect them to give you full legion access and you to level to 110 and set up everything for free. If your trust is lost then gtfo.
    The problem is in fact, that I need to test World Quests to be sure about Legion. So no, it's not enough for me. One week of full Legion access for free or gtfo. Trial of course, cuz I don't want to spoil my existing characters. It's them, who need my money, so it's up to them to attract me. And I can simply play other games.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The problem is in fact, that I need to test World Quests to be sure about Legion. So no, it's not enough for me. One week of full Legion access for free. Trial of course, cuz I don't want to spoil my existing characters.
    Then pay for it like everyone else. You are not owed squat.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think Legion being free, or at least severely discounted for anyone who bought WoD would be reasonable. Having paid 50$ for what amounted to barely half of an expansion just feels shitty.
    It wasn't the expansion itself that was lacking that much, people enjoyed most of its content for the first 2 months, it's the patches that sucked balls, so I find WoD price tag fair for the hours of enjoyment it provided everyone with. The subscription fee wasn't justified though, considering Blizzard expected the expansion to last 24 months with a tiny bit of post launch content. Because let's be honest, you won't find many games around the 50 dollars price tag out there that give you more than 20 hours of enjoyment, if that.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is in fact, that I need to test World Quests to be sure about Legion. So no, it's not enough for me. One week of full Legion access for free or gtfo. Trial of course, cuz I don't want to spoil my existing characters. It's them, who need my money, so it's up to them to attract me. And I can simply play other games.
    Why? Have you bought legion to get one week of free access to that? And also, I can't see how it benefits their business if they let you to level to 110, enjoy content you want and then never sub. You are just too greedy, if you wanted to test world quests you should have made friends who could share beta with you or actively participate in beta giveaways. What if I ask blizzard for a 7 day trial, without purchasing legion, to get to 110, and do raids, because raids are the selling point for me? Do you think that this is not greedy? If you think that then I can only wish you luck in real life, because your expectations are childish and spoiled - something that just doesn't cut it in real life. Are you aware that you are asking for a total of 168 hours or so of trying a product for free? Not even fucking Witcher 3, one of the best games out there, can give you more than 110-130 hours of enjoyment, with all side quests and the 2 expansions. Talking about greedy as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then pay for it like everyone else. You are not owed squat.
    Blizzard started to exploit players, who pay $50 only to try game for several days and then throw it away, too much. So no. I don't want to be one of them. And I don't want to spoil my existing characters, I could play old content with, and regret it very strongly then, as it happened back in MOP. So if Blizzard want my money - they should deserve it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-30 at 10:24 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It would actually be pretty sweet if a free week came with the demonic invasion, but they are confident enough about Legion that they won't have to do that to bring people back. That kind of thing is reserved for mid-expansion patches or late expansion (But not pre-expansion) lures to get people to play again.

Blizzard started to exploit players, who pay $50 only to try game for several days and then throw it away, too much. So no. I don't want to be one of them. And I don't want to spoil my existing characters, I could have been playing old content with, and regret it very strongly then, as it happened back in MOP. So if Blizzard want my money - they should deserve it.
    Then don't buy it. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard started to exploit players, who pay $50 only to try game for several days and throw it away, too much. So no. I don't want to be one of them. And I don't want to spoil my existing characters, I could have been playing old content with, and regret it very strongly then, as it happened back in MOP. So if Blizzard want my money - they should deserve it.
    That isn't really exploiting. They offer a product, and someone buys it. If you don't like it, you can have money back again, and have your account frozen. Blizzard is a company, through and through, you can expect what you want but you aren't looking right at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple as.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I won't. But thx for advise anyway.

I won't. But thx for advise anyway.
    No problem glad I could help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think OP, noone cares what you'll do or think about Legion.

I'm quite fine with them NOT giving away free weeks to chumps that can't make up their mind with the information already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I have two friends who skipped WoD and decided to give the game another try pre-patch. Both contacted customer support and were offered 7 days gametime as a good will gesture. One of my friends out of cheekiness asked for an extra week and was given 14 days.
    I bet these are the same kind of friends that work for Blizzard and leak info all the time right?

Getting 7 days isn't that special and you don't need to have skipped shit for it, it's not a gesture of good will.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2016-07-30 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I wont buy Legion, and i will not subscribe.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?
    Well if you are disappointed all the time, maybe wow is not for you. cataclysm wan't that bad, especially at the beginning. MOP was fine. And even WOD wasn't as bad as people talk it...the raids were solid, only the lack of content really fked everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That isn't really exploiting. They offer a product, and someone buys it. If you don't like it, you can have money back again, and have your account frozen. Blizzard is a company, through and through, you can expect what you want but you aren't looking right at it.
    But this is a bait. You simply can't revert your characters back, so you will be able to play old content with them, even if you would want to do it. Once you buy xpack - there is no way back. That's, what happened back in MOP. When MOP was released, my annual pass still hadn't lapsed. So I just couldn't simply unsub (I had virtual credit card, I could deactivate at any moment without any consequences) without a threat of being banned. So I thought, why not? If I had to play anyway, why shouldn't I have played most recent xpack, Blizzard promised to be "the best xpack ever made", where all problems would be solved? And I bought it. And regretted it so many times... So no. I won't make the same mistake again.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-30 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Blizzard are very desperate to lure back the millions of subs they have lost in the last few years. It's really laughable how out of touch with reality sycophants like you are.

If anyone is reading this and doesn't have a sub, and cannot afford tokens, just contact customer support and demand game time.
    That's plain bollocks that they are desperate. I missed most of WOTLK through illness and came back towards the end and was given 14 days free at that time when I rang asking about the status of the account. They do it as good customer service that is why, but anyone who 'demands' from CS will get sweet FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this is a bait. You simply can't revert your characters back, so you will be able to play old content with them, even if you would want to do it. Once you buy xpack - there is no way back. That's, what happened back in MOP. When MOP was released, my annual pass still hadn't lapsed. So I just couldn't simply unsub (I had virtual credit card, I could deactivate at any moment without any consequences) without a threat of being banned. So I thought, why not? If I had to play anyway, why shouldn't I have played most recent xpack, Blizzard promised to be "the best xpack ever made", where all problems would be solved? And I bought it. And regretted it so many times... So no. I won't make the same mistake again.
    No matter what, your characters will change, has nothing to do with the expansion. Pre-patch brings the most of the actual changes. So, your old characters, right now, are bound to be changed. Only you are going to keep them in a basement and never touch your account ever again.

Not really a bait at all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I wont buy Legion, and i will not subscribe.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?
    That would be nice, yeah... and the other comments, don't mind them... they may be confident In their product, but confidence doesn't equal profit. Shadow of Mordor wasn't confident It would do well, yet It ended up a great game to the surprise of the developers... after fixing the ending as well.

A free week would help, In Legion though. Not the pre-patch, It has little to offer Legion-wise other than the class changes, and If you only show those people would be disapointed I feel. Too little spells, barely 2 pages of spells, samey rotations and doing the same thing... which has been done for years, by the way Legion Isn't special In that respect, It's just the shock that Blizzard insists on having It so simple and thinking players would be too stupid to understand their class with more spells.

So don't sub It's a good idea, It's the one thing they cannot take away from us, and It's our right as a consumer to stop giving them money and that way make them realize they're doing something wrong. That's the only thing that will truly hit them - I wish there was another way, I personally would keep playing as I have Rolelplaying commitments and friends on WoW still, but having been banned on my main account due to a hacker i was unable to continue to subcribe, and It's almost a blessing since we've had such a massive content gap like never on WoW and the pre-patch barely giving us anything.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    That would be nice, yeah... and the other comments, don't mind them... they may be confident In their product, but confidence doesn't equal profit. Shadow of Mordor wasn't confident It would do well, yet It ended up a great game to the surprise of the developers... after fixing the ending as well.

A free week would help, In Legion though. Not the pre-patch, It has little to offer Legion-wise other than the class changes, and If you only show those people would be disapointed I feel. Too little spells, barely 2 pages of spells, samey rotations and doing the same thing... which has been done for years, by the way Legion Isn't special In that respect, It's just the shock that Blizzard insists on having It so simple and thinking players would be too stupid to understand their class with more spells.

So don't sub It's a good idea, It's the one thing they cannot take away from us, and It's our right as a consumer to stop giving them money and that way make them realize they're doing something wrong. That's the only thing that will truly hit them - I wish there was another way, I personally would keep playing as I have Rolelplaying commitments and friends on WoW still, but having been banned on my main account due to a hacker i was unable to continue to subcribe, and It's almost a blessing since we've had such a massive content gap like never on WoW and the pre-patch barely giving us anything.
    Still lying about this then I see.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post33616358

food for thought: leveling up one char and completing all the nonrepeatable quests in the first four zones is going to give you more play time than most 60$ games.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-07-30 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    leveling up one char and completing all the nonrepeatable quests in the first four zones is going to give you more play time than most 60$ games.
    thats a bit of the "problem" with wow - the game is extremely cheap long term contentrice ratio and people are willing to swallow a lot of shitty changes because of that

i would def say wow has more value/content than any other game out there

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm they don't have to apologize for shit and they certainly don't owe you any game time.
    Completely and totally agree.. The entitlement in the OP is breathtaking to say the least..