Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Not sure where this idea that Ray is a figment of Elliot's imagination comes from. Ray interacts with people other than Elliot. They showed him talking to that other hacker dude who couldn't fix his website and that white bald dude he's with.
    Mr Robot also seemingly interacted with other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Mr Robot also seemingly interacted with other characters.
    If he were Elliot, why would he ask a hacker to do work that he can do himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    If he were Elliot, why would he ask a hacker to do work that he can do himself?
    Because he's been trying to avoid hacking, so his other personality is trying to convince him to return to it, with success it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Because he's been trying to avoid hacking, so his other personality is trying to convince him to return to it, with success it appears.
    If I were to assume that Ray is Elliot, those scenes Ray has with the hacker dude and bald guy would make very little sense. It's completely out of left field for Elliot to have some bitcoin website he's trying to make money off of and then need to convince himself to fix it when it's under attack. Ray being a real person with his own motivation for trying to get Elliot to help him makes a lot more sense.

Besides, he already has Mr. Robot trying to convince him to get back to hacking. Why invent another, totally unrelated persona in order to do it? This is one of those situations where the simplest hypothesis with the least assumptions is probably the correct one.

Almost forgot tonight's show night. Definitely don't wanna miss what'll happen. Seems like we're about to get into the action part and no more confusion.

I wonder what the black guy has hidden on his hard drive. Well...not "hidden"...I just wanna know what his business is in.

This episode tonight. Wow. First Act (episodes 1-4) is done. Act II kicked in with a fucking vengeance.

I think we know Ray is real. Eliot wouldn't do the things Ray is doing. He's not Fight Clubbing himself in the street at the end of the episode either.

I'm glad Angela is being thrown for a loop. The whole "My beliefs create my own reality" bullshit was annoying. To me, one of the central themes of this show is that idea of self-actualization (which is Angela this season), vs. Eliot's inability to get out from under the crushing oppression of his environments and his life.

I loved B.D. Wong in this episode (White Rose). And the FBI storyline is heating up too. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

I loved B.D. Wong in this episode (White Rose). And the FBI storyline is heating up too. Jesus Christ.
    Damn. Until reading this I didn't even realize the Chinese minister was White Rose. Woops.

Wow. The thing with White Rose was that he was the Prime Minister of Security in China, as a man. That's why he knew price. That's why he had access to destroy the Steel Mountain of China.

Why he chose to show the FBI girl around is questionable.

Why the FBI is getting shot up, I wanna know.

I'm really liking Elliot's side of the story now. It's back to hacking.

Whoever said Angela was gonna need to join the group, wow I didn't expect it. It wasn't the way we thought though. She's not helping do something to hack Evil Corp, it's because the FBI is in the same building.

Why Ray is roughing Elliot up for just knowing the secret, is scary. The website doesn't look that bad...except the human trafficking part.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Why the FBI is getting shot up, I wanna know.
    I'm thinking the Dark Army either hired someone to do it or did it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'm thinking the Dark Army either hired someone to do it or did it themselves.
    But that just makes White Rose's Prime Minister side look weak since he'd be bad at security.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My brain didn't even put this together until reading this...I thought they sounded similar but though...makes so much more sense now for the rest of the episodes happenings, and previous happenings/reactions...
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Yeah, I remember last season when White Rose first showed up and I was like, "Man, this is a good actress"....only to find out it was B.D. Wong afterwards. He looks completely transformed as a woman.

Yeah, it seems like Price knows Shen as Minister of Security. Why would the Minister of Security in China want to take down E Corp? Is there some multi-national espionage thing going now?

Is Dark Army, the so called "rogue" hacker group really an extension of the Chinese government?

I think the FBI got shot up precisely because Dom asked about the Dark Army in the briefing. I think the tour by Shen (B.D. Wong/White Rose) was to assess her, and also an emotional expression of regret for what was to come. B.D. seemed like he was almost crying at that moment he was showing Dom WR's clothes. Also, notice in Dom's story about being proposed to, she never used a gender specific noun - she said "they got down on one knee to propose," so I'm thinking B.D., the transgendered Minister in very rigid China, picked up on that, and sensed a kindred spirit, which is why he showed her his bedroom where he transforms into White Rose. IDK, I'll have to go back and re-watch the episode, but I swear she said "they" instead of "he".

Btw I know you guys can't be pro hackers like me but it's interesting that the stuff they do on the computer screens actually work. I reviewed the episode and there was an IP Address (basically a website) from when Elliot was coding up his FBI hack so I went to it and it does something related to the show lol.

Try it out by clicking the link, I'll leave it in its number format:

Incoming "I don't trust you I'm not clicking the link."

This is indeed the one show that makes me not feel like an old fogey for using IRC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw I know you guys can't be pro hackers like me but it's interesting that the stuff they do on the computer screens actually work. I reviewed the episode and there was an IP Address (basically a website) from when Elliot was coding up his FBI hack so I went to it and it does something related to the show lol.

Try it out by clicking the link, I'll leave it in its number format:

Incoming "I don't trust you I'm not clicking the link."
    That was cool. It asked me what the "name of the operation was again?" I said Operation Penis. And then they quit lol.

I found another one.

Can you tell what it is?

oh man, it's an ARG, I didn't even realize there was a chat input.

Nothing in the page source code to indicate what the answer is. I'm assuming it's listed in the show so I'll have to go back and watch that part again.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Nothing in the page source code to indicate what the answer is. I'm assuming it's listed in the show so I'll have to go back and watch that part again.
    I think it might have been the last episode. Find out and post it here because I wanna advance the chat too. I'm assuming Elliot quits unless you give the correct passphrase.

I think it might have been the last episode. Find out and post it here because I wanna advance the chat too. I'm assuming Elliot quits unless you give the correct passphrase.
    When you say last what are you referring too? I'm talking about the one from yesterday as that is where Elliot meets Darlene in IRC. At least I think it is. I'll check when I get home from work where it is recorded.

- - - Updated - - -

Google to save the day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/com..._spoilers_irc/

Signature Created by Jassinta