Poll: Should ML be an option

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post

So nobody actually liked PL before and now are forced into PL. Because you couldn't be asked to make your own group. So other people have to SUFFER because you people were too lazy? FFS.
    So why would they keep doing pugs or not still reserve items and "force" you to trade it to them?

You see, the problem wasn't solved, it was just moved.
    You're assuming we even bothered to group before.
    We've only started mobbing raids because it allows us to gear someone up faster than ML would have. It's not that we didn't make groups because we were lazy, it's that we run in groups now because it's easier.
    And lol at "forcing" people to trade an item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Who gives a shit if you get kicked after refusing to give some douchebag the item you looted? Plenty more groups to join.
    trust me, you wouldnt be in too many groups if you carried on like that.

Deleted
    No one will be forcing trades, because Blizzard will not enforce it. Who gives a shit if you get kicked after refusing to give some douchebag the item you looted? Plenty more groups to join.

Ninja looting is already solved with the change.

Time for the idiots that think pressing a few buttons to start up a pug raid entitles them to anything.
    Yes they will, if you don't you just get kicked and ignored so you never end up in a raid with them again. And that will happen again and again, until you are back to the pool of PL groups you had before the change.
    Because the problem wasn't solved, just obfuscated.

Yes, but in a heavy-handed way. And if you join a guild group you still can get ninjalooted.

It's not just starting, it's leading the group. But if you don't think my arguments matter, why do you keep responding with non-arguments?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    trust me, you wouldnt be in too many groups if you carried on like that.
    These people don't understand that. They think Blizzard will then remove kicking people from groups, because it's "toxic". And then removing group content, because other people are "toxic". And then shut down the game :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You're assuming we even bothered to group before.
    We've only started mobbing raids because it allows us to gear someone up faster than ML would have. It's not that we didn't make groups because we were lazy, it's that we run in groups now because it's easier.
    And lol at "forcing" people to trade an item.
    So you didn't group up before, so YOU DIDN'T even have a valid claim! If you didn't do pugs, why care what happens to pugs?
    You already COULD do that before, again NOTHING changed for people who wanted PL, only for those who didn't want to use it.

You will see, it will happen

Yes they will, if you don't you just get kicked and ignored so you never end up in a raid with them again. And that will happen again and again, until you are back to the pool of PL groups you had before the change.

Yes, but in a heavy-handed way. And if you join a guild group you still can get ninjalooted.

It's not just starting, it's leading the group. But if you don't think my arguments matter, why do you keep responding with non-arguments?

- - - Updated - - -

These people don't understand that. They think Blizzard will then remove kicking people from groups, because it's "toxic". And then removing group content, because other people are "toxic". And then shut down the game :P
    I doubt you will find many people willing to join a group where you have to give up items you have looted. Pretty sure the number of no bullshit PL runs will be the majority of groups. The fact of the matter is, only greedy fucks reserved loot, and no one is going to give up loot when it can be very ilvl Titan-Forged when it drops.

Deleted
    I doubt you will find many people willing to join a group where you have to give up items you have looted. Pretty sure the number of no bullshit PL runs will be the majority of groups.
    You had plenty of people who were willing to join groups where they never had a chance to get the item. Now they get the item and have to give it away, so basically the same process.
    Why would reserving suddenly stop? People still can do it, it's just less effective.

You had plenty of people who were willing to join groups where they never had a chance to get the item. Now they get the item and have to give it away, so basically the same process.
    Why would reserving suddenly stop? People still can do it, it's just less effective.
    People are not going to be willing to give away what might possibly be a very high level Titan-Forged drop. Plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So you didn't group up before, so YOU DIDN'T even have a valid claim! If you didn't do pugs, why care what happens to pugs?
    You already COULD do that before, again NOTHING changed for people who wanted PL, only for those who didn't want to use it.

You will see, it will happen

Didn't group before because ML was a detriment to rapidly gearing friends and alts.

With forced PL, there's more carrot, and less stick

And I'm sure we'll see someone try and force others to trade gear, but anyone who trades something they need is a dipshit. Take the kick, keep the loot.

Deleted
    People are not going to be willing to give away what might possibly be a very high level Titan-Forged drop. Plain and simple.
    That's the case were they cannot give it away, because they don't have a better one of these.
    And then these people get kicked and never invited back with the people who dislike this "I agreed to the rules, but now go fuck yourself" Mentality you have.
    The rules will be clear from the get-go: "Item X,Y,Z are reserved, if you get it and can trade it, you trade it to A". If you don't like the rules, don't join. But if you join and disobey these rules, get prepared to be the "toxic" part of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for bed, shouldn't have even been up this late.
    @Sargnagel you keep looking for your boogeymen

Deleted
    Didn't group before because ML was a detriment to rapidly gearing friends and alts.

With forced PL, there's more carrot, and less stick

And I'm sure we'll see someone try and force others to trade gear, but anyone who trades something they need is a dipshit. Take the kick, keep the loot.
    If you were the ML in your group, you could gear them?
    Or did you never open your own group? Because then: Why didn't you just do that?

No the stick got more, because you get what you get and not a shoot at the pool of loot. You can only get 1 or 2 items per Boss and not "all" that dropped like with ML. The carrot got smaller and the stick got longer.

Deleted
    some of the posts i read makes me think people werent around before LFG came along.
    get yourself a bad rep, word soon gets around & no one will take you.
    i wont lie, i used to love making groups up to go to places.
    LFG killed that little bit of fun, im glad its coming back to getting groups together again.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2016-07-31 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    but anyone who trades something they need is a dipshit. Take the kick, keep the loot.
    Pretty much this. If you give up the loot that dropped for you and you only, that's on you. Never mind the fact that you can't even trade stuff that is an item level upgrade. So where is the issue here? Inb4 'oh bt it might be an upgrade even if its lower ilvl'. If that ever happens in the case of an OP trinket, it will be rare and you won't care if you get kicked cos you got said OP trinket anyway. And if it's a normal piece of loot, it will be such a neglegible upgrade it won't matter.

All this talk about being forced to trade is nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    some of the posts i read makes me think people werent around before LFG came along.
    get yourself a bad rep, word soon gets around & no one will take you.
    Probably true. They only know "press button to do content" WoW.
    But then again, the problems Blizzard wanted to solve, weren't solved.
    Reserving will still be a thing, just with the added benefit of getting kicked if you don't obey the rules set by the raid leader and you agreed to.

And ninjalooting could have been solved so much easier then just taking an option away from all people. Because the majority of pugs don't end in a ninjaloot.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you were the ML in your group, you could gear them?
    Or did you never open your own group? Because then: Why didn't you just do that?

No the stick got more, because you get what you get and not a shoot at the pool of loot. You can only get 1 or 2 items per Boss and not "all" that dropped like with ML. The carrot got smaller and the stick got longer.
    The carrot master got removed and the carrot got divided.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Pretty much this. If you give up the loot that dropped for you and you only, that's on you. Never mind the fact that you can't even trade stuff that is an item level upgrade. So where is the issue here? Inb4 'oh bt it might be an upgrade even if its lower ilvl'. If that ever happens in the case of an OP trinket, it will be rare and you won't care if you get kicked cos you got said OP trinket anyway. And if it's a normal piece of loot, it will be such a neglegible upgrade it won't matter.

All this talk about being forced to trade is nonsense.
    "Item X,Y,Z are reserved, if you get it and can trade it, you trade it to A"

That will be the loot rules for PL pugs. And if you are happy if getting kicked out after every boss, because you don't follow rules you agreed to, people will start complaining to blizzard that people are "toxic" and what Blizzard pulls then, nobody knows. Maybe remove loot from the game, or go back to currency-only gearing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    The carrot master got removed and the carrot got divided.
    so less carrot for everybody. but the stick stayed the same... so less carrot, same stick. I see how it improved the game, now

7+ Year Old Account
    so less carrot for everybody. but the stick stayed the same... so less carrot, same stick. I see how it improved the game, now
    Nope, you're not following.

Same carrot. No carrot-eating master.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

No, less carrot for the greedy fucks. More carrot for everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Nope, you're not following.

Same carrot. No carrot-eating master.
    but you said divided, so everybody get only a small piece of the carrot.
    And I never had a ninjaloot, happening to me. So if that's your argument: Invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

No, less carrot for the greedy fucks. More carrot for everyone else.
    No everybody get's the same carrot. Now you just cannot get 2 carrots instead of one, because you did good. And you get the same carrot if you did really bad.
    So hunter 1 does 110k DPS hunter 2 does only 30k DPS, both can get the same loot. Fair? I don't think so.
    Or hunter 1 get's a bad drops but hunter 2 get's an amazing drop. Fair? Fuck no!

but you said divided, so everybody get only a small piece of the carrot.
    And I never had a ninjaloot, happening to me. So if that's your argument: Invalid.

Because your anecdotal evidence trumps actual Blizzard data. lmao

Deleted
    Because your anecdotal evidence trumps actual Blizzard data. lmao
    I didn't say there were no ninjaloots, but they certainly weren't the norm.
    And since we don't know what data they had: You don't know if it was 2% or 20% of the raids, you know as little as I do. But I'm on the more sensible side, when I say: The majority aren't ninjalooters.