Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its not just time walking. other low level dungeons also feel like heroic mode. lvl 80+ normal random dungeons are hard as fuck. people getting 1shot before i can blink. i dont know if this was done on purpose? or they messed up.

I gotta say though i enjoy the difficulty, i hope they dont hotfix it.

I suspect that Pit of Saron wasn't properly re-balanced for Timewalking; it should be at the same difficulty level as the other WotLK Timewalking dungeons.

However, leave it to the idiots at MMO-C to try to turn it into an e-peen stroking contest about "gitting gud". Its almost reassuring how constantly full of themselves people are here.

Pre-patch is a strange time. The game is balanced around 110, yet you have this 4-6 week timeframe where you aren't 110 or leveling. So things get out of whack and it's a waste of resources to fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Pit of Saron is broken. Unmitigated, Tyrannus's slam does 60k damage and the tank has around 40k health, and you can't predict when he uses it. The ground graphic is bugged so you can't see where he puts the frost circles. The ONLY way I was able to get him down this week was in a guild group with a hunter who cheesed it by spam rezzing their pet and kiting him using every group member's taunt.
    Cheesed it, lol did you play Destiny by the way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I tanked PoS earlier tonight, it was great fun, I really hope they keep it like this, and I hope mythic+ is hard like that too.
    All these stories of how hard it is, makes me want to go re-roll my druid to tank and go have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Forcefull Smash one shotting a tank who have no AM was and is not a bug. It was like back then intended mechanic, only now people would not do the dungeon with 50+ ilvl plus
    Is the boss giving any warning about when he's about to use the smash so that tanks can pop some AM? If not then I doubt it was intended for it to 1-shot tanks back in WotLK.

From the guides I read it also seems that kiting through the ice patch wasn't necessary either - speed debuff of unholy power was enough.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

About the last boss of Pit of Saron... Yes it's broken like hell and even with a group of friend that were using TS3, we managed to kill it after a couple of wipes. The safest way to do it to kite the boss thru the ice patches on the ground. So here how we did it: Range and healer stood around those patches and made sure there isn't a long distance between those. So we popped 2-3 ice patches next to eachother and tank run around those without getting slowed and kited the boss on them. It's the easiest way if you have enough range dpsers 'cuz melee dps can't catch the boss and dps well on this tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Forcefull Smash one shotting a tank who have no AM was and is not a bug. It was like back then intended mechanic, only now people would not do the dungeon with 50+ ilvl plus
    What about getting one shotted through AM? I suppose it doesn't matter now that it's been nerfed to fuck. Still makes me tempted to gem stam in my TW set though.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-07-31 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    Think the difficultty really depends on how good your healer/tank is(for pos mainly). Did yesterday wuth bad tank well it was hard.
    With a good tank and healer its easy but if one of those isnt then not

yr right , i preffered my WOD abilities and rekt the shit out of the dungeons with fun . its A HELL NOW !!!
    i FEEL YOU BRO MAN !!! I FEEL YA !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Think the difficultty really depends on how good your healer/tank is(for pos mainly). Did yesterday wuth bad tank well it was hard.
    With a good tank and healer its easy but if one of those isnt then not
    It's been nerfed by an astronomical amount since Tuesday. You have like 60-70% more stats in PoS now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    Cheesed it, lol did you play Destiny by the way?

- - - Updated - - -

All these stories of how hard it is, makes me want to go re-roll my druid to tank and go have some fun.
    Already got nerfed. You wouldn't have had any issues on a druid before the nerf though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I did the TBC ones last week, tank and dps on a Warrior... Easy as fuck, basically faceroll.. I heard all this stuff about Timewalking being hard in WOTLK dungeons and again did them on my Warrior as tank and dps, doing 7 in total... Easy as fuck, brainlessly easy half asleep, easier than WOD heroics (at relevant 610-640 ilvl) by a mile. The first one we did was Pit of Saron, most of the time while tanking my health did not even go below 80-90%.

In what planet people are living on when these dungeons are considered hard I don't know. Maybe people are too dumb to realise you need to kite the final boss in Pit of Saron, and not dps him while you have the debuff (as it damages the tank)... But these are basic tactics widely known in pugs since it released way back in 2009, it was harder then than it is now.
    They nerfed the damage by 30% and increased the item level you're scaled to by about 70. Scourgelord was doing ~60k damage with his smash on tanks that were scaled to about 25k health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's been nerfed by an astronomical amount since Tuesday. You have like 60-70% more stats in PoS now.

- - - Updated - - -

Already got nerfed. You wouldn't have had any issues on a druid before the nerf though.

- - - Updated - - -

They nerfed the damage by 30% and increased the item level you're scaled to by about 70. Scourgelord was doing ~60k damage with his smash on tanks that were scaled to about 25k health.
    Even with nerf it was hard with a bad tank

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Actually it is.

You're supposed to have some sort of mitigation up, it'll take out a huge chunk of your HP and you should position yourself such that he knocks you over several ice patches. Then you just kite him over them and it's simple.

Hardest part is dealing with melee DPS who want to sit on your ass and get you locked in an ice block.

Also I find it hilarious how many people are saying how people in mythic gear are being destroyed in a dungeon where all your gear stats are normalized (well, not normalized, squished.) I mean sure the trinkets make an AMAZING difference as does the set bonuses but if you're used to just being carried along by your 735 weapons you're in for one hell of a shock when you actually have to work.
    Before the hotfixes he was doing 60k hits on tanks that were scaled to ~25k HP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Even with nerf it was hard with a bad tank
    Doesn't surprise me. Bad players can make anything hard.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I've read about the nerf, I did Pit of Saron + 1more on Friday afternoon though, while I did the other 5 yesterday. For sure yesterday the level of faceroll was supreme, but I don't remember it being particularly hard on Friday either, with Pit of Saron naturally being more difficult than the others traditionally I didn't even notice.

It annoys me, people posting about Timewalking as if they were ever hard, when the fact is they have always been vastly easier than the originals.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I've read about the nerf, I did Pit of Saron + 1more on Friday afternoon though, while I did the other 5 yesterday. For sure yesterday the level of faceroll was supreme, but I don't remember it being particularly hard on Friday either, with Pit of Saron naturally being more difficult than the others traditionally I didn't even notice.

It annoys me, people posting about Timewalking as if they were ever hard, when the fact is they have always been vastly easier than the originals.
    The hotfixes went out Wednesday afternoon PDT. The originals were a fucking joke compared to PoS before the hotfix.

the Legendary rings have also been nerfed in TW's to 1% when you pop the healing one. Im pretty sure, it was abit higher before.

Deleted

Die of cancer you fucking retard. Pit of Saron was heavily overtuned and buggy. Watch old VOD's. Some tanks dont even move during him powering up. You arent cool by faking skill

INFRACTED -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2016-07-31 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    the Legendary rings have also been nerfed in TW's to 1% when you pop the healing one. Im pretty sure, it was abit higher before.
    Nope, it was always 1%. Timewalking BiS has always been the 715 version of the ring.

7+ Year Old Account
    i can tell you resto shamans might not even bother queueing for tw runs, you need to spam healing surge and go out of mana in no time because its faster than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    I know this thread is about wotlk timewalking but i have to say this. Last week i did Arcatraz timewalking. We got to Dalliah the Doomsayer with 0 wipes. After 5 minutes in combat she was at FULL HP because people with debuff kept attacking her. Funniest part is they claimed boss is bugged and they were pissed off at blizzard. I didn't know if i should laugh or cry....
    Arcatraz last week was bugged as hell though. The infernals were one-shotting people and AFAIK you can't avoid it and it's not kick-able either. Bosses were fine for the most part but the thrash seemed way over-tuned.

The hotfixes went out Wednesday afternoon PDT. The originals were a fucking joke compared to PoS before the hotfix.
    Fair enough, the forums blizz were still full of people crying hard on saturday morning, with a lot of people posting about it on friday night... So I guess for some it's still too hard even after the nerfs. I'm actually somewhat disapointed I didn't get to try these real hard versions of the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by loipsas View Post
    Die of cancer you fucking retard. Pit of Saron was heavily overtuned and buggy. Watch old VOD's. Some tanks dont even move during him powering up. You arent cool by faking skill

INFRACTED -Nobleshield
    Whoa that escalated quickly, I feel sorry for you being angered so easily. But hey I don't need to fake skill, I've proven it on many occasions, I even have a youtube channel if you wanna check out some of my playing, just google my name.

Take it easy.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4