Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because a lot of the flack DNC gets for content of these email, Trump has explicitly stated and was cheered by the same people being outraged. One of the emails I've read about, was that financial advisor mentioning religion and implying Bernie. Well, Trump is on record, explicitly questioning the religion of both, Obama and Clinton, while insulting the Pope. What is wiki leaks supposed to leak? That Trump is incompetent?

Edit: I guess they could leak his taxes. That does seem to take shape as Trump's kryptonite, at least judging by his behavior.
    Yep, his taxes and his bragging of having a Wharton degree when he was only there for 2 years and transferred to Fordham University.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Though he is speaking in the UK, he is talking about the general problem of Wealth/Income inequality. He does agree partially with Picketty about inequality but he believes its not a fundamental aspect of capitalism but an aspect of policy.

Will Clinton's outline policies do anything about it? Can she be trusted? Certainly Stiglitz believes Hillary will do some good. Ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think one of the most important lessons people can take a moment to learn from all this is that politicians are important for what policy they implement, not what policy they might have implemented had they been the only opinion in the room.

Clinton bowing to pressure from the Democratic voting bloc's support for Sanders and his platform, and actually working to implement it, is exactly the kind of person you should want running your nation. The last thing you want is someone who'll burn the rest of the country to ash just to get "their way".
    Clinton is a terrible person and no sane person wants her which is why she starting to lose in the polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Clinton is a terrible person and no sane person wants her which is why she starting to lose in the polls.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html

Trump's only been leading in polls for a couple of less-than-a-week durations over the past year. Clinton's been in the lead almost the entire time, and is currently in the lead. Trump had a brief surge post-convention, but it looks like it may already be over.

You might want to check those polls again. A lot of the polls that had them at a statistical tie or Trump up by 1 are back now to Clinton winning by 5-7 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What makes her a terrible person?
    History? Anyone who's paid attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What specifically makes her a terrible person?
    Why bother? If you can't google it and figure it for yourself, you're obviously are a Hillary supporter and don't care what she has done wrong.

trying to google what's wrong with clinton will just get you a million nutjobs ranting about secret murders and other nonsense

if you don't like her because of her vote on the war or other such matters then fair game. unfortunately for us, the alternative is trump which is much worse.

Why bother? If you can't google it and figure it for yourself, you're obviously are a Hillary supporter and don't care what she has done wrong.
    Says the person who ignores what the FBI, the CIA and the Secret Service and even their own Republican probes have concluded about Hillary.

If the FBI and your own faction's high-level probes can't convince you that Hillary is innocent - how the hell will anybody on this forum convince you?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because a lot of the flack DNC gets for content of these email, Trump has explicitly stated and was cheered by the same people being outraged. One of the emails I've read about, was that financial advisor mentioning religion and implying Bernie. Well, Trump is on record, explicitly questioning the religion of both, Obama and Clinton, while insulting the Pope. What is wiki leaks supposed to leak? That Trump is incompetent?

Edit: I guess they could leak his taxes. That does seem to take shape as Trump's kryptonite, at least judging by his behavior.
    Yeah, beyond his taxes there's very little that Wikileaks could release about him that is in any worse than what he's already come out and said.
    And if they were to release info showing the RNC were colluding with former presidential contenders...well, I don't think it'd mean anything at this point since Trump pretty much made it a point to go it alone (at first...flipping them the bird)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is Secretary Clinton is regular old, garden variety, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, type of politician. She's made some fuck ups over the years, no one will dispute that.
    Trump on he other hand is batshit craziness.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Probably because he doesn't want to hear right wing news sources bullshit opinion. He wants to hear why you don't like her. Although, it will most likely be using those bullshit and debunked sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Probably because he doesn't want to hear right wing news sources bullshit opinion. He wants to hear why you don't like her. Although, it will most likely be using those bullshit and debunked sources.
    Her reluctance to intervene in Bosnia, and using the excuse that it would distract from her health care initiative is pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    Julian Assange mentioned, "We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign" in an interview yesterday that will be released soon. The issue is, while it's great that corruption is further revealed (sorry I realize you're a Hillary supporter), it also gives leverage to Trump which is worrisome. Not to mention it'll completely annihilate any chance Bernie supporters and even Hillary supporters will back her. So unless something is released on Donald Trump and the RNC soon, it's a wrap for the Democratic Party's call for unity.
    more and more bernie supporters are supporting her, sure there will be some holdouts that just never switch, but we don't need them all. Just a very large chunk, which are already backing her.

I'm not worried about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    more and more bernie supporters are supporting her, sure there will be some holdouts that just never switch, but we don't need them all. Just a very large chunk, which are already backing her.

I'm not worried about that.
    We won't even need that many Bernie supporters. It looks like as Trump shows his incompetence more and more, some Trumpites are finally waking up from their stupor, going "What the fuck have I been doing for the last 6 months?" and are deciding to stay home on election day.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Third-party support surging

The surge in support for a third-party candidate is adding a new element of unpredictability into the presidential race. Should voters opt for a third-party candidate in large numbers, it could potentially tip the scales in crucial battleground states.

Pollsters and political scientists say the deep malcontent with Clinton and Trump should give both candidates pause.

“The fact that we have two major party candidates who are enormously disliked by the electorate, enormously and equally disliked, creates the opportunity for the minor party candidates to do better than they would in other presidential elections,” said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
    --------------------------

ooo...look at that;

Top Sanders supporter considering Green Party VP offer: report

Nina Turner, a former Ohio state senator and a prominent surrogate for Bernie Sanders’s presidential campaign, is considering an offer to run for vice president on the Green Party's national ticket, cleveland.com reported Sunday night.
    Green Party presumptive nominee Jill Stein reached out to Turner, and she’s expected to make a decision in the new few days.
    Some Sanders supporters wanted to place Turner's name for nomination at last week's Democratic convention as an alternative to Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, whom Hillary Clinton picked as her running mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    First major poll since the DNC came out. Yes, there's a fairly large bump for Hillary. But there's still lots of time left, so that can change.

What I find most interesting in this poll is the following:

Earlier this month, two-thirds (67 percent) of those who backed Bernie Sanders during the primaries said they would vote for Clinton in November. After the Democratic convention, and a motion by Sanders himself to have Clinton selected as the nominee, her support among Sanders voters has risen to 73 percent.
    I would expect that number to increase as time goes on.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    It will increase even more once the debates start.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    First major poll since the DNC came out. Yes, there's a fairly large bump for Hillary. But there's still lots of time left, so that can change.

What I find most interesting in this poll is the following:

I would expect that number to increase as time goes on.
    You can't find different sources that support any argument you want to make when it comes to polling numbers, the sample sizes are just never big enough. Such as the LA Times daily polling which shows no significant bump for Hillary at all post convention, still trailing Trump nationally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We won't even need that many Bernie supporters. It looks like as Trump shows his incompetence more and more, some Trumpites are finally waking up from their stupor, going "What the fuck have I been doing for the last 6 months?" and are deciding to stay home on election day.
    Is there any source for this claim other than wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    It will increase even more once the debates start.
    You mean "if" the debates start - i've been strongly suspecting Dump is going to chicken-shit out of the debates, and he's already setting up anexcuse with this tawdry NFL schedule bullshit he's been recently saying.