Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Any evidence of less than 2 million?
    Any evidence it's more?

Just sayin, since Blizzard cut shareholder anouncements, likely out of embarassment. Recent WoW did leave many folks reaching for other games. Just sayin'.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycrow View Post
    A few changes can make a game different if their significant enough. WoW has changed that way over time as well.
    I'd suggest changing the title of this thread to "A few WoW fixes that can save the game if implemented across 12 years." But that won't really get the clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'd suggest changing the title of this thread to "A few WoW fixes that can save the game if implemented across 12 years." But that won't really get the clicks.
    perhaps >.>. But doesn't have to take 12 years. could be a gradual release. It could probably take a year to release the role playing systems, jobs, proffesions systems.

Quest pruning and a lot of raids in 2.

Idk. I just get the feeling gradual release can make players feel more a part of the game than waiting 6 months for every patch and 2 years for every expansion. Like a lot of times I see something completely finished in the PTR but it doesnt get released far later. I feel like the release of that alone can reasure some players about the game.

We will see if the expansion hype and content dumb approach still works with how the release of legion works out.

Personally I think the game feels more healthy with constant streams of addition to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but this is another great thread to show why players make for really poor game devs.
    Less quests, u want ppl to go grind mobs for hours? maybe in an asian mmo, but not in wow >_>
    And please, just give it up with the flying, flying is staying how it always has been, give it a rest
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand these fucbois who get all excited coming up with scenarios to "fix" wow that essentially makes it a completely new game, if your ideas were so groundbreaking you'd have a job in the industry, stay in your basement.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    perhaps >.>. But doesn't have to take 12 years. could be a gradual release. It could probably take a year to release the role playing systems, jobs, proffesions systems.

Quest pruning and a lot of raids in 2.

Idk. I just get the feeling gradual release can make players feel more a part of the game than waiting 6 months for every patch and 2 years for every expansion. Like a lot of times I see something completely finished in the PTR but it doesnt get released far later. I feel like the release of that alone can reasure some players about the game.

We will see if the expansion hype and content dumb approach still works with how the release of legion works out.

Personally I think the game feels more healthy with constant streams of addition to the game.
    I'll humor you. You have the passion, if not the perspective of someone who wants to make games. I may not agree with your points today, but I'll never discourage ideas.
    They just need work.
    Take your list of ideas and break them down. Start with one and take a systematic look. Peel back the layer of your "idea" is and see how that'll be executed by the folks under you who're trying to realize your vision.

-A lot less quest but far more meaningful and rewarding ones. Quest are reserved for important story lines. This is done to cut out "go fetch me this" quest and try to make it look self important. Quest will be overhauled to be more investigative and more difficult. But the experience and gold rewards would be 10 times more.
    Let's go with this one. In order to change this, the following needs to happen:
    - Get your team to understand what meaningful and rewarding quests are. What's an important storyline, and what isn't, and for what isn't, is that questline destroyed or expressed differently? Define investigative quests, and how would they be more difficult? And would multiplying the experience and gold rewards be stronger alternatives to say, dungeon or pvp grinding?
    - Would these quests be updated to current content? How would this translate to expansion content; would every previous expansion need to be overhauled as well? Will there be level scaling, scenarios, different rewards?
    - What will happen at endgame?
    - What's the timeline to execute this plan? How much of the team will be involved? What content will be differed for later release, or what will be canceled? What's the ultimate value proposition for existing players? New players? Is there data to suggest that this will increase engagement and/or subscriptions?

And that's just to get a few people to approve the idea.
    Again, these are ideas for a brand new game, not something to overhaul WoW.

Merge new/lowpop/mediumpop realms together and other mediumpop/mediumpop realms together; get rid of CRZ/Name Change/Faction Change, add back a 1 year Realm Change CD; remove LFR and just have flex and normal mode (guilds would be one of 3 types -- friends and family who progress/farm flex mode and maybe dip their feet into normal, progression guilds who slowly tackle raids on normal farming earlier bosses until the gear inflation allows them to get deeper and maybe even clear within the tier, and hardcore guilds who clear content ahead of the curve/cutting edge); bring back reforging, niche spells, talent trees, and pruned glyphs; allow for greater character customization (skins, posture, size -- sliders, etc.), actual darker nights and immersive updates, and get rid of the gold token/microtransactions.

There, fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to turn wow into bdo, final weeabo or some other korean inspired mess
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'll humor you. You have the passion, if not the perspective of someone who wants to make games. I may not agree with your points today, but I'll never discourage ideas.
    They just need work.
    Take your list of ideas and break them down. Start with one and take a systematic look. Peel back the layer of your "idea" is and see how that'll be executed by the folks under you who're trying to realize your vision.

Yeah I always try to work on the ideas. Really I'm not even all that intense about it, I just out of the blue thought of this idea and decided to share it. I wouldn't try to be self important about them >.>. But I always keep things in mind.

Let's go with this one. In order to change this, the following needs to happen:
    - Get your team to understand what meaningful and rewarding quests are. What's an important storyline, and what isn't, and for what isn't, is that questline destroyed or expressed differently? Define investigative quests, and how would they be more difficult? And would multiplying the experience and gold rewards be stronger alternatives to say, dungeon or pvp grinding?
    - Would these quests be updated to current content? How would this translate to expansion content; would every previous expansion need to be overhauled as well? Will there be level scaling, scenarios, different rewards?
    - What will happen at endgame?
    - What's the timeline to execute this plan? How much of the team will be involved? What content will be differed for later release, or what will be canceled? What's the ultimate value proposition for existing players? New players? Is there data to suggest that this will increase engagement and/or subscriptions?

And that's just to get a few people to approve the idea.
    Again, these are ideas for a brand new game, not something to overhaul WoW.
    Ok I will try to answer those. But yeah you're right, it would fit perfectly great for a brand new game. But there are concepts I'll try to explain that I feel totally suites a great MMO. I still think WoW could benefit from the basic phillosophy of this idea game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Sorry, but this is another great thread to show why players make for really poor game devs.
    Less quests, u want ppl to go grind mobs for hours? maybe in an asian mmo, but not in wow >_>
    And please, just give it up with the flying, flying is staying how it always has been, give it a rest
    Why >.>. What do you even see in a game >.>. To design a game you need an understanding of people and artistry. Not set beliefs about the best video games... Like geez, outside the video game world that's the equivalent of a trump supporter. Wtf is wrong with the gaming world now adays >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I'll never understand these fucbois who get all excited coming up with scenarios to "fix" wow that essentially makes it a completely new game, if your ideas were so groundbreaking you'd have a job in the industry, stay in your basement.
    You'll totally fit the message above. Like jesus ever heard of a conversation in your life. Gosh I think your probably the one that lives in a basement with how anti social you are. Not that I have an issue with that, you just kind of sound like a dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    So you want to turn wow into bdo, final weeabo or some other korean inspired mess
    Yeah read my replies above too.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is blizzard adjusting their sense of artistry and basic wisdom to backwards crap like this >.>

- - - Updated - - -

If you guys are game developers I'd be pretty concerned for you >.>. And if that's what being a game developer is then I don't want that.

-More things grant experience, such as Crafting, world objectives, and roles playing.
    Neat idea, but how would that ever work practically? You get exp every time you write a line while standing in Goldshire, which increases exponentially for each amount of unequipped gear you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Neat idea, but how would that ever work practically? You get exp every time you write a line while standing in Goldshire, which increases exponentially for each amount of unequipped gear you have?
    You guys have poor ability in reading in between the lines >.>. listen if game developers couldnt do that they'll be in trouble.... So idk what you guys are talking about. its all pluff.