Poll: Have you seen a significant improvement in Blizzard's customer service the past year?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always had the best customer service. I never understood why people claimed it was bad. It's never changed for me in the 10 or so years I've played. It still amazes me to this day. It's like magic. I write to them and my problems just go away. I've never had that in any other game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Been playing the game since 6 years ago and every time I used their CS Service, I was satisfied. They've always been positive, friendly and helpful.

Blizz must have been desperate for many years now, as this is nothing out of the ordinary for them to do. Of course, the OP has to put a bad spin on it, because Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a couple of bad run-ins with customer service, but only ever over trivial stuff (mimiron's sigil quest bugged) but honestly every single other interaction has been amazing. Why are you creating a thread to complain about the excellent service you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Blizzard has always had the best customer service. I never understood why people claimed it was bad. It's never changed for me in the 10 or so years I've played. It still amazes me to this day. It's like magic. I write to them and my problems just go away. I've never had that in any other game.
    Not really, around 2010 the CS dropped fast to awful status, where something used to be solved in within the hour, or for bigger guild dispute issues within the day, mid WotLK and beyond tickets went from days to weeks. Some just timed out and disappeared during Cataclysm, that expansion was an awful mess!

Legacy CS was top notch, Cataclysm and beyond seemed like an outsourced money grab, slow responses and reps that copied / pasted alot and didn't speak good English when not asked a question in their training look-up manual.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Not really, around 2010 the CS dropped fast to awful status, where something used to be solved in within the hour, or for bigger guild dispute issues within the day, mid WotLK and beyond tickets went from days to weeks. Some just timed out and disappeared during Cataclysm, that expansion was an awful mess!

Legacy CS was top notch, Cataclysm and beyond seemed like an outsourced money grab, slow responses and reps that copied / pasted alot and didn't speak good English when not asked a question in their training look-up manual.

Never had a ticket last longer than a day. I think ticket times have more to do with how well a ticket is written. If your vague or rude response times will be slow. While being polite and detailed gets answers fast.

When I read the title I thought this thread was going to be about them giving away the audio drama instead of making us buy a $25 hardcover book...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Whenever i open a ticket it takes them up to 4 days to respond. so not sure. I feel like in BC/wrath they responded quicker.
    Yeah, every time I open a ticket it always takes them some made up, unreasonably long time to respond as well. Literally, every single figurative time I open a ticket!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

the longest ticket i had was 5 days and that was after a patch, ussauly thery are done withen a day to 3 for me, and even back in wrath, and early cata it was still good
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Can't say I've had to contact a GM since MoP but in the past whenever I have contacted their CS other than varying wait times they've always been helpful and solved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    *snip*
    Well you sound desperate, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Never had a ticket last longer than a day. I think ticket times have more to do with how well a ticket is written. If your vague or rude response times will be slow. While being polite and detailed gets answers fast.
    To add to this, expect longer ticket times during the start of expansions or a content patch. The longest thicket I've ever had was 2 and a half days at the start of WoD, but even at that, it wasn't anything serious, so I didn't need it to be rushed. The two times that I've ever needed a ticket answered ASAP, I've actually recieved an answer within 30 minutes, the fastest being within 5 minutes. I was floored by the response time.

As for other places with CS, I'm pretty sure that I still have a ticket open (probably just burried with the trash at this point) with Nexon for Maplestory back from 2007.

So yeah, their CS has been fantastic for me for the last several years, nothing changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Customer service is as professional as usual, fairly certain any truly bad experience with someone results in him getting fired.

One thing to note is over the last 5 years they stopped generating items for the players for no reason (they can but they risk big), also GMs are not making appearances anymore. They generate items in some cases of hack.

Some have trouble answering my question but it's me, I really ask for details on very niche and specific things so I understand almost no one knows the answer but I get an answer eventually after a few tries.

I think mostly persons not ok with their customer service are the persons not ok with the rules they have to apply. Like, you cheated you don't get a ban lifted, you failed to protect your account you don't get your items back, you misread something you don't get a refund, you took a risk in game you don't get our support, stuff like that ...
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-08-02 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    "My experience was bad and now it's improving. I'd better put a negative spin on this, pronto!"
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    This is what I do not get. You get good customer service. Yet you put in a negative topic about it to get views? You put in a ticket you got a a few days. Are they Desperate?
    Reminds of the topic that demanded a free week of Legion because he hated the experience of Warlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Blizz must have been desperate for many years now, as this is nothing out of the ordinary for them to do. Of course, the OP has to put a bad spin on it, because Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I've had a couple of bad run-ins with customer service, but only ever over trivial stuff (mimiron's sigil quest bugged) but honestly every single other interaction has been amazing. Why are you creating a thread to complain about the excellent service you got?
    Read the OP again and understand the perspective I've put forward. This is not putting a "negative spin" on anything, nor am I complaining. I'm simply asking a question that is very relevant to WoW's current state of subscribers, as well as my past experiences.

After reading this thread I can conclude that I've either been extremely unlucky in my relations with Blizzard, or people are fine with being treated badly as long as it's disguised in a friendly manner. I want to believe the former.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Read the OP again and understand the perspective I've put forward. This is not putting a "negative spin" on anything, nor am I complaining. I'm simply asking a question that is very relevant to WoW's current state of subscribers, as well as my past experiences.

After reading this thread I can conclude that I've either been extremely unlucky in my relations with Blizzard, or people are fine with being treated badly as long as it's disguised in a friendly manner. I want to believe the former.

So getting my tickets answered in a satisfactory manor and getting the results I wanted/expected is being treated badly?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    So getting my tickets answered in a satisfactory manor and getting the results I wanted/expected is being treated badly?
    No, not if you get the results you should be getting.

Blizzard customer service has always been top notch from my experience. And I've even had 3 days of free play time granted to me more than once. Been playing for about 11 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

support has improved..

you can all probably thank trump

"I'm not putting a negative spin on things"

Your shitpost is titled "Blizzard getting desperate?".

10+ Year Old Account
    10 years of nothing but good interactions with Blizz on my end. And no, they're not getting desperate - wtf is that title. Just by the title and your story of past events with Blizz, I'd say your just a tough cookie to please.