Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    So which is it? Does critic ratings matter or do they not matter? This back and forth with posters here is annoying as fuck. We need a standard consensus on the matter.
    Critic ratings only matter if you agree with the critics in question, or they share your point of view. Would you listen to, for example, a Mormon movie reviewer, who hates violence, explosions and action in general, if they said it was a bad movie?

Reviews exist as a point of guidance, not a be-all-end-all. They don't decide everything and they are generally personal opinions, made public.

As I said before, people need to get a grip and take into account that they don't have to agree with reviewers, or even other people. Other people can help give you an idea of what to expect, or something to bounce your own opinions off and so on, but they don't decide how you feel about something, unless you let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Yeah, fuck critics.
    Oh man, the comments in that video just made my day.

Man, BvS wasn't even bad, like a solid 7/7.5, but people shit on it like crazy because that's the thing to do. Ghostbusters gets raved about by everyone with a few extra chromosomes and it's complete trash. From the sounds of the critics bitching this time around, Suicide Squad is gonna end up being the greatest movie of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And 'critics' are trustworthy?
    This, the best way to describe Rotten Tomatoes is the first word in their name :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Trailers looked like sh...t.

"We are villain afterall"

Such over the top acting and not in a good way (like say Joker in DKR)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Critic ratings only matter if you agree with the critics in question, or they share your point of view. Would you listen to, for example, a Mormon movie reviewer, who hates violence, explosions and action in general, if they said it was a bad movie?

Reviews exist as a point of guidance, not a be-all-end-all. They don't decide everything and they are generally personal opinions, made public.

As I said before, people need to get a grip and take into account that they don't have to agree with reviewers, or even other people. Other people can help give you an idea of what to expect, or something to bounce your own opinions off and so on, but they don't decide how you feel about something, unless you let them.
    That's precisely the problem of sites like Rotten Tomatoes, they list a bunch of reviews, they average the scores and focus on that average score, not on the reviews.

You don't go to RT to follow a critic you know, you go there for a score. Which works when the majority of the critics in the site agree with the general audience, but several movies have recently shown just how different their taste is to what people actually want.

In other words, it's more likely you'll share an opinion with the random users on IMDb than with the 'experts' whose reviews are getting mashed into a convenient number.

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    How good a movie is to an outsider, not already invested in a franchise or brand kinda matters. If the average shmo who knows nothing about the franchise can't get interested in it upon viewing, then the film as failed on some level. Note, ON SOME LEVEL, not that the film is a total failure. Being unable to draw in new viewers would just be a flaw and all films have them.

On that note, Warcraft as fairly average but possibly the start of something great if they can get a sequel and clean up the problems with the first. Ghostbusters was a solid film with only a few cringe worthy jokes.
    These aren't average schmoes, these are critics whom constantly compare 1 movie to another, and look for originality, something that isn't going to be found in a movies designed to entertain fans, but they also introduce people to the products. Alienate everyone from the franchise to be original would make critics cheer and fans cry.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That's precisely the problem of sites like Rotten Tomatoes, they list a bunch of reviews, they average the scores and focus on that average score, not on the reviews.

You don't go to RT to follow a critic you know, you go there for a score. Which works when the majority of the critics in the site agree with the general audience, but several movies have recently shown just how different their taste is to what people actually want.

In other words, it's more likely you'll share an opinion with the random users on IMDb than with the 'experts' whose reviews are getting mashed into a convenient number.
    Then just glance to the right on any film, for the audience reviews:

Warcraft (2016)

Tomatometer: 28%
    Average Rating: 4.2/10
    Reviews Counted: 186
    Fresh: 53
    Rotten: 133

Audience Score: 77% Liked It

Average Rating: 4.0/5
    User Ratings: 50,925

Addendum:

Suicide Squad (2016)

Want To See: 99% want to see
    User Ratings: 52,218

(99% of 52,218 people want to see it, regardless of its current score)
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2016-08-02 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Addendum

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year
    Most anticipated? I don't think so. Confusing hype/marketing with anticipation I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Was anyone expecting it to be good?
    This seems a lot more in line with reality to me.

Watched it at the premiere for my wife review. It was "ok". On the bright side its not all random plot points and full of mistakes like BvS and the characters are done well for the most part. The reason it really is meh, is because the story went downhill after the first half. Basically the first half is very nice, i was on board the whole time, you get all characters backstory, they build them up and it was nice and worked well. Then the movie just becomes a very bad expendable. Like i was watching my cellphone time, because i was just bored. I just dont understand why they made the movie like this. Instead of going Assault on Arkham and having the squad stuck in a hole between Joker and Batman. You just have suicide squad making a spoof of the Expendables. I have no idea why, it gets boring so fast. Theres just so many time you can see Harley Quinn drop kick someone, til you are just like.... ok get on with it? The villain, while not annoyingly bad like Jesse Luthor, are just generic shit you seen a million time. Like i said the appeal of the suicide squad is that more often they are stuck between being distrusted by the heroes and against even worst villains then they are. None of that happens here.

Its not horrible, but the second half being boring and because of the way its boring, you get the feeling this is a huge opportunity wasted. On what could have been an amazing film. The cast was there, the acting was there, the costumes where cool, the first half character build up was good. I dunno who wrote the second half, but hes needs to be fired.

So far the best DC cinematic universe movie. But i guess it was a given since the other 2 movies part of it was just Zack Snyder garbage. Lets hope Patty Jenkins is left alone to do her Wonder Woman movie. Now that we know what SS reshooting for more action scene means. If Wonder Woman gets a reshoot before its release next year, we can pretty much write off DC from movies.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-02 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    For example, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who liked Fan4stic or Battlefield Earth, and someone who disliked Guardians of the Galaxy or The Dark Knight.
    I fairly enjoyed Fantastic 4, enough to give it a 6 or 7, whereas the The Dark Knight felt like it was trying to be cool and edgy, but it just was soooooooo boring and bland. First time I watched it, I walked out due to boredom. Second time I finished it with friends at my house. I know most people like it, but I genuinely cannot stand the Batman Trilogy. Biggest pile of superhero crap I've seen. The Trilogy is always in my Bottom 5 movies.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    I fairly enjoyed Fantastic 4, enough to give it a 6 or 7, whereas the The Dark Knight felt like it was trying to be cool and edgy, but it just was soooooooo boring and bland. First time I watched it, I walked out due to boredom. Second time I finished it with friends at my house. I know most people like it, but I genuinely cannot stand the Batman Trilogy. Biggest pile of superhero crap I've seen. The Trilogy is always in my Bottom 5 movies.
    Theres no way you like the lastest fantastic 4. I can understand liking the first one with Jessica Alba, even the second one with that cast is watchable i guess. The new one no way. Its not like Ghostbuster where i guess childish Humor can be subjective. Its just objectively bad. Theres nothing that happens the entire movie, then at the end they enter a portal and kill Doom in 20 seconds. Theres no way you liked it, its not possible. Its not even bad in a way that could be funny.

The only thing thats funny about the lastest Fantastic 4 is with all the controversy with the black human torch. Then in the movie its not even mentioned or even important that they are sibling/half sibling. Hell they have mabye one or two line of dialogue togheter the entire movie. Youd never think they are family at all.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-02 at 11:07 PM.

expected....

probably as bad as batman vs superman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Theres no way you like the lastest fantastic 4. I can understand liking the first one with Jessica Alba, even the second one with that cast is watchable i guess. The new one no way. Its not like Ghostbuster where i guess childish Humor can be subjective. Its just objectively bad. Theres nothing that happens the entire movie, then at the end they enter a portal and kill Doom in 20 seconds. Theres no way you liked it, its not possible. Its not even bad in a way that could be funny.
    There's a new one? That was news to me. I was referencing this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120667/.

I see you were probably talking about this one?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

I guess I was living under a rock when the new one came out haha.
    Last edited by Actarius; 2016-08-02 at 11:08 PM.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    "There is no way you liked it" now im going to paraphrase "there is no way you liked it because I hated it and people I know hated it therefor your opinion should match mine because I'm better than you and your opinion means nothing compared to anyone else even though it doesn't effect anyone else." I personally haven't even seen that movie, and @Actarius hasn't seen it apparently, but it is asinine to think someone can't have an opposing opinion to yourself or others. Regardless of this context since the @Actarius wasn't talking about the latest movie, you should not be thinking the way you did in that comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    IMDB are user ratings, not critic. Anyone can go and vote 10 stars and boost the rating simply because they read the comic and think it'll be amazing.
    Critics however are the ones which said Ghostbusters is a good film.

Do you trust them?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, on the plus side, the Suicide Squad animated movie was amazing, and the killing joke animated movie releases next week so hopefully that will follow suit

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    There's a new one? That was news to me haha. I was referencing this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120667/

I guess I was living under a rock when the new one came out haha.
    haha yeah. The one people call Fan4stick is the newest one. Theres just no way anybody likes that one. Even a blind guy would cringe a the dialogue alone lol.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

If you want torture watch it. Its hard as hell to make it past this movie alive, i swear. Lastest ghostbuster is oscar worthy next to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    "There is no way you liked it" now im going to paraphrase "there is no way you liked it because I hated it and people I know hated it therefor your opinion should match mine because I'm better than you and your opinion means nothing compared to anyone else even though it doesn't effect anyone else." I personally haven't even seen that movie, and @Actarius hasn't seen it apparently, but it is asinine to think someone can't have an opposing opinion to yourself or others. Regardless of this context since the @Actarius wasn't talking about the latest movie, you should not be thinking the way you did in that comment.
    No you dont get it, watch it if you dont believe me. Its not possible to like it. You can even like The Room, because its so bad and badly acted by amateur that its funny. Theres just no way anybody likes the lastest fantastic. Its not possible. You dont believe me, just watch it. Its torture for everybody. I make that claim. Like i said its one of the few movie im comfortable to make that claim. Nobody can like it. Its bad movie making, bad entertainment, bad character, bad visual. Theres nothing somebody will like about it. Just watch it man, you know nothing. All the ruckus about Ghostbuster, just watch Fan4stic, then everything else is good. Battlefield: Earth is better then this, by alot. Like a hell of alot. Theres just things that arent that subjectives. Like cutting your own arm, i dont think many people can make that claim that somebody out there must like cutting their own arm. Well its the same thing with Fan4stic.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-02 at 11:20 PM.

FF 2015 was not awful, it was just not a FF movie. The movie is enjoyable if you ignore the fact it's supposed to be a FF adaptation.

OT: Suicide squad is one of my most anticipated movies this year. The camp is strong and I feel like it would be a solid 5/7 popcorn flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I wouldn't applaud their record with Batman, either. Don't forget the Schumacher films. Batnipples should never be forgotten.
    Fuck you Endus, I try to forget but some guy on the internet always brings them up!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I like how they skimmed over Alfred making a skin tight leather suit for his niece.
    Complete with nips and ass hugging plastic.
    READ and be less Ignorant.