Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not really to punish for this specifically, but to set a precedent for any cyber crime. the only way people will ever obey, is if they fear disobeying. watching someone suffer crucifixion would make you think "if i do this, it could be me up there starving and thirsting in horrible agony".
    I'm with this guy. The punishment needs to be severe. I vote death or imprisonment with mandatory anal rape

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I'm with this guy. The punishment needs to be severe. I vote death or imprisonment with mandatory anal rape
    it's responding with overwhelming force to instill fear and destroy any hope of rebellion.

minor crime, ultimate punishment in one of the most brutal of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Yeah because Ddosing is as bad as mass murder. Should be fucking punishable but there are far worse things that warrant the death penalty than some script kiddies not letting you play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    What ISPs are they hitting? I use Verizon, I'm on the east coast and my internet is slow outside of WoW as well
    its not "what isp" they are hitting its where they are hitting..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    i also wonder how a company as large as blizzard is vulnerable to such attacks. they happened quite a bit last year. you would think for people who pay for a subscription based service, that one of two things should happen. install better security measures, or hire someone 24/7 to monitor this business. i could very well be talking out my ass cause i dont know shit about it, but at the same time it seems like its too common.

- - - Updated - - -

second fiddle eh?
    Because they flood all the weak isp's in between. It's like bombing the road on the way to your concert. They can't blow up the stadium so they take out the roads. Blizzard isn't necessarily vulnerable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah because Ddosing is as bad as mass murder. Should be fucking punishable but there are far worse things that warrant the death penalty than some script kiddies not letting you play a game.
    Except they aren't just disrupting Blizzard. They are flooding many isp's at the same time. If someone actual gets the electric chair for it, others will think twice about doing it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Some dude whispered me while I was on a Troll Druid that I was leveling, "You want to ERP? I have never done it with a Troll before." So I was like "Sure, I'll start." "Go fuck yourself...mon." Then I ignored him.
    That made spit beer. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ogdenir View Post
    I personally believe this Poodle bullshit is more than a bunch of kids taking credit for issues that game companies are causing on their own, and instead of acually telling players hey we messed up they put blame on some hacker group. Naturally Poodle will take the blame as that's all these group want is to be notice, same as a terrorist Blizzard last month was performing a bunch of tests on the servers, cows , ghosts, and now a sudden DDos attack. It may sound like a conspiracy idea but I believe these game developers have either created this hacker group or tells them a head that something will happen, so all the blame can be on them and not the developers themselves.
    WoW. That is some leap of imagination. One has to ask then why would they even need to do this? They are a software company making games. They have had server problems before.

This is not some kid trying hard to hide their misdemeanor from their parents or school teacher.

it's not really to punish for this specifically, but to set a precedent for any cyber crime. the only way people will ever obey, is if they fear disobeying. watching someone suffer crucifixion would make you think "if i do this, it could be me up there starving and thirsting in horrible agony".
    Implying people haven't gotten into serious trouble for cybercrimes. Why the fuck are people in this thread so delusional? Oh wait, it's mmo-champ, the virtual basement for all the social outcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yup yup, but I'm sad to see that they cannot handle the ~205Gbps DDoS At that size a enough customers would be impacted.

Btw all that DDoS would be fixed if T1/T2/T3 ISPs would implement source IP filtering (Been 20 years now... BCP38, etc. Damn the bad ISPs).

There is not reason for a packet with a source IP that you do not advertise to get out of your network.
    Well I'm not sure what most of that meant but now I have something new to read about so thanks for that! I think they just have their priorities in a different order. From their point of view, why change it if it works most of the time? Maybe it has something to do with the way WoW's engine works, like it'd be a huge ordeal to overhaul the way the servers and the games communicate.

they know their punishment is borderline nothing for doing this.

when they know that death could await them, they will fear even thinking of doing it.

Me and several other people I know are back on and everythings working fine. For the moment, anyways.
    Last edited by Varanus; 2016-08-03 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    WoW. That is some leap of imagination. One has to ask then why would they even need to do this? They are a software company making games. They have had server problems before.

This is not some kid trying hard to hide their misdemeanor from their parents or school teacher.
    Players are currently experiencing high latency and disconnections as a result of DDoS attacks towards certain internet service providers. We are currently monitoring this situation and will provide updates as they become available.

Please follow @blizzardcs on Twitter for further updates.

Source: Blizzard.

PS: It is not "certain" ISPs, it is toward Blizzard since there is nothing on outages or other north american operational mailing lists.

they know their punishment is borderline nothing for doing this.

when they know that death could await them, they will fear even thinking of doing it.
    Or you know just imprisonment. Ddosing is hardly worth the death penalty just because you can't get on WoW right now nor should it be used as a punishment for a minor crime.

Or you know just imprisonment. Ddosing hardly is worth the death penalty just because you can't get on WoW right now nor should it be used as a punishment for a minor crime.
    i'm not trying to get on wow. i'm just tired of seeing these people always do this, and then there's basically no reprisal. i hate the idea of someone dying, but there must be fear instilled in these children.

the thing of it is this. they're likely 15 to 18 years old, they think they're immortal and above everyone else. they need to be shown they're mortal, they need to have dread instilled into minds so that even getting on the computer causes hesitation and fear. only then will they ever stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    This is a pretty good one,
    At least the signature fits.
    eah because Ddosing is as bad as mass murder.
    Well they certainly slew some virgin lives judging by this thread.

Looks like they are moving on from Battle.net. Steam having issues now and this message on PoodleCorps twitter:

"Switching attack to another gaming network soon"

Looks like they switched to Steam.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or you know just imprisonment. Ddosing is hardly worth the death penalty just because you can't get on WoW right now nor should it be used as a punishment for a minor crime.
    What about emergency responders? They clog some nodes that handle dispatching/routing and someone dies. Actions have consequences.

They have no regard for anyone besides themselves. They are broken. The fix is a bullet behind the ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Looks like they are moving on from Battle.net. Steam having issues now and this message on PoodleCorps twitter:

Yep just lost connection. Joke is on those fuckers I can play online stuff using offline mode still. At least FF14

Punishment should fit the crime.

They shouldn't be allowed any internet access for the remainder of their pathetic lives
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

sure sounds like they are paying for someone else's bot network and are just trying to get the most out of it now.

so they can't even make their own