Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Critics on RT praised Sharknado... you can't take that site seriously.

I will go and watch it with my friend and will form my own opinion on it.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Critics on RT praised Sharknado... you can't take that site seriously.

I will go and watch it with my friend and will form my own opinion on it.
    Hehe, most critics are like artists without the balls to properly bullshit people in the modern art scene, at least when it comes to pretentiousness..

Newsflash: Hollywood is shit.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.
    no it was not... it was a terrible attempt to reboot the Ghostbuster Franchise with Females instead of doing the THIRD one everyone wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Critic ratings only matter if you agree with the critics in question,
    I'm sorry. I think I get what you are saying and if I am right then yeah i agree.

However, this still reads wonky. if you agree with someone's opinion then their opinion matters? Then why even get their opinion if you already made up your mind?

----Let me explain.

I think what you meant was that if you agree with WHY the critic gave a low score then their opinion matters. As in, read the actual article instead of looking at the number and no more. That I agree with. I'm the same way.

However, what my question was getting at originally is how one moment you have people looking at a low score and going
    - "Critics don't know what they are talking about!"
    - "They are trying to sabotage this film!"
    - "Anyone who let's others do their thinking for them is a moron!"

Then when a critic gives a film they happen to dislike a bad grade you get the OP. And then they go on about how that low score is accurate, despite the fact that they would say the exact opposite if it was a franchise they loved.

It comes off as stupid and childish. So I am like "Can we pick a consensus please?" Can we open up a thread and hash out whether critics opinions/score matters or can we all just collectively decide that they don't. Cause the way it is now reminds me of polotics.

(Random Hillary supporter example)
    Trump is up in polls = Polls don't matter. It's too early.
    Hillary is up in polls = This is definitive proof that Hillary is winning.

That is what I see regarding critics and movies here.

Deleted
    ''DC flops again?''

bitch please theres no worse movies than anything created by Marvel. Highly unlikely that this is worse. and Who the fk cares about RT.

Will Smith blows though

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    How about

Be a fucking grown up and make your own decisions about things?
    To be fair. I want to get an opinion on most films before I commit $20+ bucks and 2 hours of my life. I am hyped for this movie so I will see it. But on a movie where the trailer is shit or otherwise mediocre, "Giving it a chance" is just gambling. I don't gamble if I can help it.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why they kept that shitty director, should have continued with Nolan.

he created a masterpiece

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    Will Smith blows though
    whats wrong with the fresh prince. from all reports he's one of the only good things about Suicide Squad.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Batman v Superman was not a bad movie at all. It wasn't great, but it didn't deserve the mediocre rating it got. Going to see Suicide Squad this weekend and I'm sure it will not be as bad as Rotten Tomatoes says it is.

Also, flop refers to commercial success, not ratings. We'll have to see how Suicide Squad will perform at the box office before we can determine if it's a flop.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Just my opinion, but I thought it looked absolutely horrible from the trailers. It's amazing how DC can get Flash and Arrow so right on TV but their recent movies are so awful.
    What the fuck, Arrow is absolute garbage and nothing like its source material. They fucking killed Black Canary. TWICE.

Flash is typical CW, too much drama.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    I dont know why they kept that shitty director, should have continued with Nolan.

he created a masterpiece
    Nolan's Batman has no place in this DC Universe anyway...

I also don't understand how anyone can hate massively on the DC films, then say something like Arrow is good. Worst fucking show I've seen in years.

Deleted
    If this year has taught me anything then it is how full of shit critics are.

I'm going to see this tommorow or on friday and probably will enjoy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Nolan's Batman has no place in this DC Universe anyway...

I also don't understand how anyone can hate massively on the DC films, then say something like Arrow is good. Worst fucking show I've seen in years.
    Let's be fair here; season 1 was alright, and then it turned into a whiny drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    whats wrong with the fresh prince. from all reports he's one of the only good things about Suicide Squad.
    I have a very hard time taking him seriously after seeing Afterearth.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-03 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    IMDB are user ratings, not critic. Anyone can go and vote 10 stars and boost the rating simply because they read the comic and think it'll be amazing.
    so ur telling me you can trust rotten tomatoes? who said ghostbuster was really good film and they gave it good raiting while it sucked ass?
    Last edited by ABEEnr2; 2016-08-03 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Hell yes, I don't give a damn what some mindless rotten bollocks think about anything. Its on my to watch list as #1, so release it allready in my country! My money is allways on IMDB per se, it's really seldom that I find a high rated movie on IMDB that utterly blows (unless its a drama movie as that is not my cup of tea mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    IMDB are user ratings, not critic. Anyone can go and vote 10 stars and boost the rating simply because they read the comic and think it'll be amazing.
    What makes a "critic" rating more thrustworthy? I'll be watching Suicide Squad. If it's anything like that trailer it will be an 8.5 in my book. Fuck the critics.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

"Overblown and underwritten, Leto plays the Joker like a pantomime gangster whose only threatening quality is the possibility of more scenes."

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

The controversial characters weren't an issue after all, a lot of scenes were removed, the ending was unsatisfying, the critics hate it...

What movie does this remind me of?
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-08-03 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing!
    Who would have thought that the same marvel fanboys shills that threw stupid reviews at BvS would throw stupid reviews at the next DC film.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.
    It was one of the top 5 worst movies I have ever seen.