Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I dont think so that everyone will play DH in legion, many will try him in prelaunch event and then go back to their mains. Even people who claim today that DH will be their main. Also I dont care about people calling others "retards", "noobs" etc only because they play what they enjoy. Just ignore them, in 2-3 months everything will be like always just like after DK launch.
    I suspect a reason for why DHs unlock already on the 9th is that they're hoping some people will get over it before the real launch, to keep the numbers somewhat limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's a complete and utter flop in my eyes - I don't read into others views - then I plan on maining a Vengeance DH and bumping my guardian druid to primary alt. I've grown disgusted for the time being with monk and pally tanking and only enjoy my bear. I'm going to tough the DH out as I did just the same when DK's came out and I was a dual-wield Frost tank until they f'd that build over and back.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Everyone and their mother will try DH upon release, but at Legion launch, only a few will actually keep playing it \ maining it.

It's not a very unique\fresh class... we already had monks for leather use, tank\melee, with high mobility, so, it will be a very niche class. Yes, double jump is fun, but that alone won't be enough to lure many players.

People said this with DKs, People said this with Monks.

Guess what, bad DKs and Monks and now Demon Hunters were bad, and complained about whatever. Good DKs and Monks - and Soon Demon Hunters will be fine. I have mained the new class both times before, and I never once had an issue with other players because I was playing them.

Deleted
    I will make one, level one, but it won't be my main. That honor goes to my dk. My primary alt will be sham, then dh with lock and shadow priest as from time to time alts.

Don't worry about stigma and population, it won't be the same as dk and even if it will balance out in the long run.

Deleted
    I think the camera changes might deter many people wanting to reroll from a ranged class. I'm coming from another agi class, so my RL isn't too bothered so long as DH doesn't completely suck. As for population, I think it'll be pretty popular amongst RPers, I don't think they'll be much different than DK's in regards to population in PVE/PVP content.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Wont make any difference to the game tbh. DH's are basically monks without heal trees, when you break it down its a leather tank and a leather DPS, things that are already in game in multiples.
    So you base classes solely around armor specialization? really?

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I think a lot may reroll it and quit since they don't have access to all the talents and the class is fairly stale without them tbh. There will still probably be tons of DHs at launch though.
    I didnt have all the talents at 100 in beta but it didnt feel stale... But at 110 it was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    So you base classes solely around armor specialization? really?
    no they really are similar, DH is arguably more simple. Specially the dps spec.

Channel aoe burst:
    fist of fury -> Eyebeam

Builder
    Tiger palm -> demon's bite

Reg spender
    Black out kick -> Chaos strike

Movement
    Fel Rush -> Roll (Fel rush is like chi torpedo, movement+damage garbage except you can't jump to prevent going too far like in wod)

CC
    Chaos nova -> Leg swipe (talent)
    Imprison(need honor talent) -> paralyze

Healing after mobs
    Soul -> healing sphere

Aoe
    blade dance ->spinning crane kick (just has more complicated mechanics)

if you look from a base point of view specially lv 100 they are similar in gameplay with monk being a bit more complicated.

Fury(like rage) instead of energy and combo point
    Cooldown aoe vs Ramp up based on target hit aoe

Spam same abilities to build up fury vs use different abilities to trigget hit combo.

The biggest difference between them is animation and looks.
    Last edited by Damax; 2016-08-03 at 12:15 AM.

Eh deathknights were overpopulated and at launch and had the additional problem of being OP (DH aren't going to have that problem) and they tapered off.

The majority of people will just roll whatever is OP anyway.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

hopefully many people will get the 'try the new thing' out of their system during the pre-patch and things will have balanced out a bit by launch

but, probably there'll be tons running around

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    hopefully many people will get the 'try the new thing' out of their system during the pre-patch and things will have balanced out a bit by launch

but, probably there'll be tons running around
    Other than pre-orders, I think that's a large reason why they did it. Give everyone a chance to try it out without having to commit to using leveling/gearing time in the new expansion. Of course a lot of people are going to main it anyway, but that's not a huge deal.. The more sucky players on the class the more a good one will stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    no they really are similar, DH is arguably more simple. Specially the dps spec.
    Channel aoe burst:
    fist of fury -> Eyebeam

Builder
    Tiger palm -> demon's bite

Reg spender
    Black out kick -> Chaos strike

Movement
    Fel Rush -> Roll (Fel rush is like chi torpedo, movement+damage garbage except you can't jump to prevent going too far like in wod)
    You haven't played Monk in a bit have you?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    You haven't played Monk in a bit have you?
    You probably didn't read the whole post or you haven't played demon hunter yourself. Or maybe you can't see the similarities if you ignore the ressource type.

Eitherway, congratulation on trying to prove your point using personal attacks. Real valuable arguments right here, I haven't played monk apparrently. Next you are gonna tell me I didn't do 8/8 gold cm on my windwalker monk with my friends because I suck and bought it and that I don't have a job because I'm stupid and lifeless. Maybe some other stuff too.

these forums be degrading over the years.

Well I'm right because I don't have a cat! how's that for arguments?
    Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    You probably didn't read the whole post or you haven't played demon hunter yourself. Or maybe you can't see the similarities if you ignore the ressource type.
    You can't simply ignore their resource types, especially when they are so different.

By your logic you might as well say that mm hunter is the same as monk because mm has:

a builder (arcane shot/sidewinders)
    a spender (aimed shot)
    movement (disengage)
    channel aoe burst (barrage)
    cc (binding shot)

You can't say that they are the similar while ignoring how those abilities play out in the rotation.

Like Demon's bite VS Tiger palm

You spam Demon's bite and Tiger palm you weave in between your other ability casts.

It's going to be like this, and in this order:

A tsunami of angst ridden Demon Hunters followed by a wave of sanctimonious Retribution Paladins waving their Ashbringer's everywhere they can, which will then be finished off with whatever FoTM class people can exploit at Legions launch.

And then there will be me, the one gnome Warlock, sitting off to the side smoking a fel green cigarette which was lit by my massive amount of fel imps, shaking my head in disgust.

"Stupid Conformists."
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

I think anyone who thinks that "DH's will be popular for a month or so then taper off, just look at DKs with WotLK, etc, etc" is kidding themselves. First of all, DK's were extremely popular and over-represented for the whole of WotLK and even into cataclysm. Second...

DH's are coming after a massive content drought, are the first new hero class since WotLK, have a ton of new customization options, are exclusive to two of the most popular races, have extremely unique class abilities (double jump, dashing in the air, spectral sight), are modeled after one of the most popular Warcraft characters, have an exclusive new weapon type, entirely new and flashy animations, etc...etc...

...all in addition to being one of the most requested classes to be added since WoW's inception. Sorry, but DH's are going to be everywhere for a very long time.

I think people are kidding themselves if class fantasy doesn't matter to tons of people. DH will be far more popular than monk for a long time because of their background and glaives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajurf View Post
    You can't simply ignore their resource types, especially when they are so different.

By your logic you might as well say that mm hunter is the same as monk because mm has:

a builder (arcane shot/sidewinders)
    a spender (aimed shot)
    movement (disengage)
    channel aoe burst (barrage)
    cc (binding shot)

You can't say that they are the similar while ignoring how those abilities play out in the rotation.

Like Demon's bite VS Tiger palm

You spam Demon's bite and Tiger palm you weave in between your other ability casts.
    You used to spam tiger palm in WOD as long as you would not cap chi or so you don't cap energy. (spam demon's bite as long as you gain fury and don't waste a gcd)

And yes Marksman is kinda similar in gameplay but ranged. The basic design behind alot of wow class are so similar at the base its scary. Disengage is a movement but is similar to vengeful retreat(without damage) and but not roll or fel rush.

Like I said its similar at the base ignoring ressources at lv 100 but I just tried DH at 110 and they become more different later on with their talents.

Alot of them is similar but DK are really different with debuffs/buff to keep up and the ressource balance rune vs runic power. Arcane mage is really different too where the spender and builder is the same.

Anyway, gameplay at 100 feels really similar too me difference being that on monk I'm playing some kind of sick kid game where you can't say the same word twice. Try not saying yes twice while ordering in a restaurant.

I enjoy my monk, but I think I'm starting to really enjoy DH too which sucks cause we are about to see a Demon Hunter spree and people will call them Demon Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    if you have pre-paid legion, it would be silly to not roll DH to try it.

so there will be a huge amount of DH from next week prob. and then again on legion launch.

prob die down around mid to end august when people get to level 110 and decide they dont like it and would rather continue their WoD mains/alts.
    No one is getting 110 by the end of August