10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    And Renji as her VC. Just a little odd that Renji and Ikkaku stayed VC level, while Iba and Rukia became Captains. Plus, why take 10 years to replace Ukitake? The conversations feel like one year later rather 10.
    Ikkaku never had any interest in captain ranks. He probably only became VC because none would step up, the same could probably be said about Renji.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Ikkaku never had any interest in captain ranks. He probably only became VC because none would step up, the same could probably be said about Renji.
    I'd also argue that he is rather shit (or boring) power wise
    Anyway, I guess we will see Hellsing OVA type deal with Ywach, like he just took 10 years to find the one ending where he survives.. that would be the fucking worst..

That announcement also better be super big, and not just another lame movie.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-08-04 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Oh I know about Ikkaku. Yumichika said that they were both VC level long ago, but Ikkaku would not replace Yachiru. Ikkaku said he would always follow Kenny and Yumichika Ikkaku.

Just interesting that Iba became a Captain before Renji (who has stated wanting to be a Captain), Ikkaku, Rukia, etc. I know Iba wanted,explicitly, to be a Captain, but there were plenty of stronger contenders.

And why 10 years to replace Ukitake when Rukia was clearly already chosen? (See VCs moved up to Captain for other Divisions) Well, beyond the obvious "make one of the main characters a Captain in the finale scene"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know about Ikkaku. Yumichika said that they were both VC level long ago, but Ikkaku would not replace Yachiru. Ikkaku said he would always follow Kenny and Yumichika Ikkaku.

Just interesting that Iba became a Captain before Renji (who has stated wanting to be a Captain), Ikkaku, Rukia, etc. I know Iba wanted,explicitly, to be a Captain, but there were plenty of stronger contenders.

And why 10 years to replace Ukitake when Rukia was clearly already chosen? (See VCs moved up to Captain for other Divisions) Well, beyond the obvious "make one of the main characters a Captain in the finale scene"
    They recently just finished restorations so that was probably more important, hopefully in the last chapter we get to know what happened during the time skip. Kinda suprised that Lisa seemingly became a captain, you can see her standing between Toushiro and Byakuya.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe Ukitake only recently died? It's possible he remained sickly for a few years after releasing Mimihagi.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking that bit about Yhwach's reiatsu at the end might have something to do with Yhwach's little speech before going through the portal to Seireitei. Remember he said about how he'd find the future where they'd each feel the greatest amount of joy and happiness and that it would be there he would slaughter them? As well as "Every time you indulge in your own happiness, you shall think of my words. In that moment, when you do, you will remember my looming shadow... the terror of death I now promise you".

Perhaps he's returning for a brief period to come fulfil his unusual promise. I don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but maybe if it turns out that way we will get some bankais?

I do admit I liked the chapter. It feels like something he wrote a long time ago, and made the rest of the Quincy arc build up to. It has the feel of the earlier stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think it would be worth speculating on potential changes to the zero division?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Anyone think it would be worth speculating on potential changes to the zero division?
    I'm more interested in the Arrancar and Urahara's group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in the Arrancar and Urahara's group.
    Urahara was one of the potential candidates I was considering for zero division material :P

If somehow Aizen ended up as soul king, it'd be partly due to Urahara's work on the hogyoku, which would be a technological advancement worthy of becoming a member of the zero division, cos it would have literally assisted in saving the universe.
    Last edited by Marmot; 2016-08-04 at 04:27 PM.

Urahara was one of the potential candidates I was considering for zero division material :P

If somehow Aizen ended up as soul king, it'd be due to Urahara's work on the hogyoku, which would be a technological advancement worthy of becoming a member of the zero division, cos it would have literally assisted in saving the universe.
    That and his knowledge and alteration of gigai would make him the replacement for...the Captain that he replaced...

10+ Year Old Account
    That and his knowledge and alteration of gigai would make him the replacement for...the Captain that he replaced...
    In fairness I don't think Zero division has a membership cap, so he wouldn't have to replace anyone. He also developed the quick method for learning bankai, so that could be considered, as well as the hollow pills which returned the bankais from the Sternritter.

The chapter was decent but way too short. Rather, it should have spent time talking about the other groups.

10 year time skip is huge btw. Also lol that they didn't even spend a page on Juha's death. I guess there was no time but it doesn't feel horrible.

Why does Shunsui still only have one eye?

What was that spec of blood that came up from the tile?

so our only last hope is that the anime will start soon and they will cover the 10 years that were skipped.

Meh am I the only one who is more interested in announcement then how they are going to finish bleach?

Decent chapter but I bet Yhwach shows up (due to the go to the future where ur most happy shit) and everyone go's ham on him.

Calling it now Ichigo will be like leader of zero division or some other crap. Also why was there a mini nano or whatever her nickname was?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is what I meant

We had zero wrap up so far. Maybe here and there the new rank of a captain, but that's not the wrap up I was talking about

And now one more chapter left. I'll have maybe 5% of my questions answered by Bleach. Dammit Kubo is that how you thank me for the last 12 years

In fairness I don't think Zero division has a membership cap, so he wouldn't have to replace anyone. He also developed the quick method for learning bankai, so that could be considered, as well as the hollow pills which returned the bankais from the Sternritter.
    Not the point I was making. I thought she died, and he has the knowledge that will fulfill her role. Also, she's the Captain prior to him, so it was amusing to me. Basically he was always trying to one up her, and Mayuri him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Meh am I the only one who is more interested in announcement then how they are going to finish bleach?

Decent chapter but I bet Yhwach shows up (due to the go to the future where ur most happy shit) and everyone go's ham on him.

Calling it now Ichigo will be like leader of zero division or some other crap. Also why was there a mini nano or whatever her nickname was?
    She was the 8th iteration of Nemu. The previous version was Nemuri Nanago, this one is Nemuri Hachigo. It was explained in detail when Mayuri battled with Pernida, he kept the brain from the seventh Nemu to produce a new one from the information stored in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the point I was making. I thought she died, and he has the knowledge that will fulfill her role. Also, she's the Captain prior to him, so it was amusing to me. Basically he was always trying to one up her, and Mayuri him.
    Ah fair enough, I'm running on the impression the zero division members weren't killed, but rather incapacitated.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am sad Ukitake is gone.

Yay for Rukia becoming a Captain; I always saw that happening in the end.

Ichigo can't possibly just go back to being a normal human... can he? Cause Ichigo+Rukia=life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Ukitake only recently died? It's possible he remained sickly for a few years after releasing Mimihagi.
    I'm hoping in the anime after everyone goes to soul palace he fights someone and releases his bankai then dies. :/

I'm thinking that bit about Yhwach's reiatsu at the end might have something to do with Yhwach's little speech before going through the portal to Seireitei. Remember he said about how he'd find the future where they'd each feel the greatest amount of joy and happiness and that it would be there he would slaughter them? As well as "Every time you indulge in your own happiness, you shall think of my words. In that moment, when you do, you will remember my looming shadow... the terror of death I now promise you".
    That's the vibe I'm getting too. Everyone is too happy. That or it's Uryu coming back with Yhwach's powers and acting way too much like Sasuke with "You killed my grandfather!!!! Time for everyone to die!!!" And the big announcement if another arc with Uryu as a bad guy......again.....

Guys I'm pretty sure Utitake is alive. He's the little ghost thing that came out of the tile after Shunsui gave his purposeless expositional speech to a gravestone.