Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    I believe the slider max will still be 28.5 but through a command we will be able to go up to somewhere between 28.5 and 50.
    What is confusing is that they are not putting this in the default options. If it is not possible to do this now, they should do this in the next patch. (although it should not be too hard to add it in).

Blizz making the same mistake over and over again.

Trying to tell us how we are supposed to enjoy the game...

Blizz, please stop trying to patronize us. It's not enjoyable at all.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    My original post on the matter was not as clear as it could have been
    Ya think, Ion?

This isn't the first time that a post or comment by you has created choas and raging infernos on the forums and here. Maybe it's time to hang that "Communicator" hat, and let someone else who's good at it, do it? At the very least, someone who can make a statement with 4 sentences, not 4 paragraphs. Less is more, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    Are you stupid or what...?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-05 at 04:11 PM.

Yes if you play in casual guilds. But we are really forced to if we want to stay in comptitive guild without being kicked.
    For one, how would they know? And for two if you're performing good enough to raid competitively (as in an actually competitive guild and not some hyperbolic 1337 guild who are really just pants), without the camera being at the old max difference, why would the guild have /any/ reason to look at you?

Yes if you play in casual guilds. But we are really forced to if we want to stay in comptitive guild without being kicked.

Camera distance doesn't determine you as being a casual player or a competitive player.. lol

I can play just as well now as I can when the distance was much further back.

Your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just FYI - we've been able to for the past week due to the new addon. The max I've heard someone play with is 70 yards, and that was just to see if he could. Everyone who downloaded and used the addon that I've spoken to and asked haven't gone above 50 yards for comfortable play - which pretty much disproves the entire "WHATEVER THE MAX IS, PLAYERS WOULD USE THAT FOR ADVANTAGE!"-bullshit that Watcher has been clinging to. We have the ability to zoom out as far as we could ever want right now - and we're sticking to what we're *used to*, because it's comfortable, advantage notwithstanding.
    That's only true to an extent. I'd say it would be a pretty fair guess to say if we only ever had the current max view distance, people wouldn't give extending it a 2nd thought. You'd ask the fights to be designed around it.

A similar thing you could compare it to is other camera issues on fights. Such as inconveniently placed ceilings or banners. You didn't ask for the ability to use an addon to delete the banner or wall (or see through it), it was to tell them to design the room better.

So I would more consider people not using a 70 yard range just to being used to 50 for years. Eventually people probably would've become accustomed to 70 if it became helpful on a fight. (Raid leading spoils maybe?)

Now IMO the genie is out of the bottle and whatever advantage to enjoyment people would gain by playing closer in (which I would not be so quick to dismiss) is completely overwritten by the old max range being considered so important by so many to their enjoyment that they should've left it alone. However the compromise could work.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-08-05 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

"forced" to, how the crap is anyone gonna know? Unless you're play is severely hindered literally no one will ever know.

This week a few of us got bored and decided to do mythic hellffire assault in first person, and it was sadly one of my better parses in the prepatch (rogue here) on that fight. I'm not sure what to make of this statement.
    Last edited by badgersmashr; 2016-08-05 at 05:46 AM.

Deleted
    And they still won't add the real maximum zoom level to the slider. Hilarious.
    Anyway, I'm happy as the current camera limit made tanking and playing melee classes almost unplayable (at least for me). Still, I don't understand that players from the beta proved with hundreds of screenshot that reducing the max zoom level is a very bad idea, Blizzard gave a crap, not even responded. And it was since day1 of the change. Now, that an addon is there, they reacted within a few days...

Idk if they can do that in a hotfix even if they wanted to. (Increase the slider distance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Thank God for the increased slider distance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like the initial change of the camera distance. I like being able to see past the toes of the bosses. Outside of raids/dungeons I zoomed back in to get the "feel of the game's universe".
    Had to get an addon to get back the settings I've used for nearly 11 years. I don't get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grodle View Post
    Had to get an addon to get back the settings I've used for nearly 11 years. I don't get it.
    Same to the massively cut down Interface options, and to check your own stats

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Are you stupid or what...?
    he is actually very smart - graphic department in blizzard seems to be the only ones with decent vision of game and put in most effort - sadly its all wasted because devs are retarded and would bent over backwards in order to cater to mythic no lifers destroying the game for 99 % ofp layerbase just so that people who dont give a single fuck about game besides raiding were happy

very sad day for the game overall and proving that not firing most devs after disaster of wod will make it happen again and again in future

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You mean, when the last good expansion, Wrath of the Lich King was released? i totally agree with you
    no he means like wildstar whos devs were stupdi enough to listen to hardcore playerbase and killed its own game - wow devs are repeating the same mistakes - legion will be even worse then wod in the end if they continiue to do so

"The game wasn't made around the CVar distance"

Then how the hell do you explain Fel Reaver, Archimonde, and a slew of other GIANT bosses that you can't fully see with CVar?

Furthermore, I can make the argument that the old max distance is more immersive. Being able to see the entire monster you're killing and then comparing how big they are to you gives their size actual weight instead of seeing kneecaps and cankles. Being able to see the actual world around me instead of just my immediate surroundings will always be my preference.

Like I posted on the forums. Blizzard's design philosophy is literally this. No change is bad. Bad change is good. Good change is better.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

For years now Blizzard has portrayed this attitude that they " know what's best for us " and routinely dismiss the very clearly defined outcries to their various changes. In many cases they have made changes to things that no one had issues with in the first place and then proceeded to patronize us when we fought against it by attempting to justify them with bullshit reasoning that made little to no logical sense. With this particular issue it was something that a large percentage of the playerbase had been using for several expansions now and it's never been discussed by anyone, ever. Deverloper or player in any serious capacity. If it were something that was truly detrimental to everyone's gameplay experience why hadn't even talked about it prior to their original out of the blue change recently?

The truth is that it wasn't something that hindered players who didn't know about it by giving some massive advantage to those that did. Even with the view distance macro over the years some boss models and room designs were still a nightmare to navigate through. This change, along with several others is a culmination in design philosphy that Blizzard has developed where they feel like they know what's best for us and we can't handle having all these choices so they need to make them for us. (Your name plates should be this big and show only this information. Your raid frames should look like this and show only this information. You don't need all these extra Interface options, we'll get rid of those. Your camera should sit right here. You should use this spec for single target, and only this one for AoE. etc etc ) And while the vocal minority in most cases doesn't account for 80+% of the total playerbase, it does showcase the most passionate and dedicated group that's willing to fight for what they want. If I were a developer I would value the vocal minority over a group of players who can't even be bothered to take 2 minutes to send out a tweet much less an articulated forum post.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

It's not going back to what it used to be but it's at least something. Understandable with their reasoning of motion sickness and other issues but still a pain to deal with all of a sudden for those of us who used the console commands.

Just a bothersome topic for everyone.

And that is what QQing on forums gets you people. Remember that next time you QQ about QQing.

So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    So because you dislike it, everyone else should accommodate how you feel about it?

Deleted
    You dumb?
    Play with camera zoomed in as u like!
    Let others play how they like as well!

Problem solved!