View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And you're surprised? People here whine and bitch no matter what Blizzard does.
    Except in this case they aren't actually restoring it to the way it was, the maximum distance is still going to be reduced below the pre 7.0.3 distance. It just isn't going to be quite as severely reduced.

What people are saying is the argument of "it provided an advantage over people who didn't know the console command" would be nullified if it simply were rolled into the camera distance slider in the UI settings. It isn't bitching, it is providing constructive criticism.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-08-05 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never knew this was possible until the announcement of this fix.
    ON the other hand, seein boss' foot was maybe one of the reason I never played meele dps in raids, only ranged dps or tank.

By the way, anyone could share the command if they are going to enable it?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You say that like it is a good thing, how is restricting players vision and making it harder to play the game better than simply designing more difficult encounters?
    They just stated in a new blue post that being able to zoom out that far make the some encounters easier, and with not all people using/knowing about it they can't tune the raids to the super-zoom standard. Do you understand? They had to tune bosses to the UI-max zoom out because otherwise they would fuck over the people who didnt know about it. People everywhere complain about the game being easy, well i for one hope they make it more challenging and i welcome the nerfed zoom, even tho i myself used the super-zoom back when it was possible.

I just love how they complained about console command giving some players an advantage and now they're adding a console command to get the halfway between point. Consistency all the way.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    They just stated in a new blue post that being able to zoom out that far make the some encounters easier, and with not all people using/knowing about it they can't tune the raids to the super-zoom standard.
    Strange because they have been doing it fine for thirteen years lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    What people are saying is the argument of "it provided an advantage over people who didn't know the console command" would be nullified if it simply were rolled into the camera distance slider in the UI settings. It isn't bitching, it is providing constructive criticism.
    Indeed, this is exactly what Blizzard should have done in the first place, sadly though if there's one thing they hate more than being show they're wrong it's being shown the correct way they should have done something, almost no chance of this being implemented as they are far too stubborn

Deleted
    On my Lock with maxed Distance I have no Problems whatsoever (Raids, Dungeons, BGs, Questing, soloing old raids).

With my Feral I feel like I need to zoom out constantly (and keep on trying it with the mouse wheel ._. ). Being close-up to the encounter, and getting spammed with AOE Graphic Effects really makes it challenging, hardly see what is going on. So much for enjoing the new Models - Can't appreciate their awesomeness when I can't see them under a blanket of blinky blinky effects. The Worst are the class trinkets, oh mah gerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know the new console command to max the camera yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Palilou View Post
    You sir, are why this community is hopeless.
    You are why the community is toxic. You immediately resort to insults.

The right way to fix this is to increase the camera distance and put it in the UI. Forcing players to use console commands was one of the reasons why they removed it in the first place. Saying this is not whining. It's absolutely legitimate criticism.

If you disagree with that, address the statement. Make a counter argument. Don't insult the poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    It's still a console command? You'd think they would have implement it into the UI with this fix considering that was one of the reasons they removed it (at least that's what they said ).

Anyway, I felt the old max distance was too much, but having half the old max should be more than ample. I've played for a long time without the console command as melee without any issues on either Mythic Archimonde or Mannoroth, but my guild has good communication and all our raiders have good awareness when it comes to fight mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You are why the community is toxic. You immediately resort to insults.

The right way to fix this is to increase the camera distance and put it in the UI. Forcing players to use console commands was one of the reasons why they removed it in the first place. Saying this is not whining. It's absolutely legitimate criticism.

If you disagree with that, address the statement. Make a counter argument. Don't insult the poster.
    How is it insulting to point out the hypocrisy of this community?

Community: "I don't like something, Blizzard!"

:Blizzard does exactly what Community asks:

Community: "That's not what I wanted, Blizzard!"

Blizzard:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    It's still a console command? You'd think they would have implement it into the UI with this fix considering that was one of the reasons they removed it (at least that's what they said ).

Anyway, I felt the old max distance was too much, but having half the old max should be more than ample. I've played for a long time without the console command as melee without any issues on either Mythic Archimonde or Mannoroth, but my guild has good communication and all our raiders have good awareness when it comes to fight mechanics.
    They said they were re-enabling it via console unless I read it wrong.

What is the new console command to set it at maximum, my old macro isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How is it insulting to point out the hypocrisy of this community?

Community: "I don't like something, Blizzard!"

:Blizzard does exactly what Community asks:

Community: "That's not what I wanted, Blizzard!"

Blizzard:
    Don't be glib. They broke something then "half fixed" it. "The community" wasn't negotiating for a bit of extra zoom, they were asking for a needless change to be reverted. How in that you managed to get "Blizzard does exactly what Community asks" is beyond me.

I like a lot of your posts but sometimes you go full retard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post

/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Don't be glib. They broke something then "half fixed" it. "The community" wasn't negotiating for a bit of extra zoom, they were asking for a needless change to be reverted. How in that you managed to get "Blizzard does exactly what Community asks" is beyond me.

I like a lot of your posts but sometimes you go full retard.
    I'll admit the analogy is a bit hamfisted in the context of this particular change, but the overarching point is relevant: The community will never be happy with anything Blizzard does. It's frustrating how divisive the community has become, especially recently. There are 40-to-50 page threads over every mundane change Blizzard makes, each filled to the brim with Apocalyptic the-sky-is-falling-WoW-is-dead rhetoric. There's no longer any room for pragmatic thought. You pick a side then you defend it to the death.

I digress. It's clear Blizzard is at least listening to concerns from players about camera zoom. I personally believe they decided to keep the console command in the game rather than adding it to the slider as a way to prevent players who don't know about the console command from inadvertently zooming the camera to a distance which the devs feel "ruins immersion." This of course flies directly in the face of the reasoning Blizzard provided for the change to begin with, but I think a console command to restore some of the old functionality is a lot better than nothing at all. They've been wrong in the past and this is just one case of many where community outrage prompted a change in Blizzard's stance on something. I simply dislike the commonly purported notion that no matter what they're wrong, or that they're doing things to spite us.

Quote Originally Posted by danji View Post
    /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6
    Doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Ret is incomplete right now, that's all; Ashbringer gives us some very important skills. Be patient.
    To be fair, it's pretty bad even with the artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'll admit the analogy is a bit hamfisted in the context of this particular change, but the overarching point is relevant: The community will never be happy with anything Blizzard does. It's frustrating how divisive the community has become, especially recently. There are 40-to-50 page threads over every mundane change Blizzard makes, each filled to the brim with Apocalyptic the-sky-is-falling-WoW-is-dead rhetoric. There's no longer any room for pragmatic thought. You pick a side then you defend it to the death.

I digress. It's clear Blizzard is at least listening to concerns from players about camera zoom. I personally believe they decided to keep the console command in the game rather than adding it to the slider as a way to prevent players who don't know about the console command from inadvertently zooming the camera to a distance which the devs feel "ruins immersion." This of course flies directly in the face of the reasoning Blizzard provided for the change to begin with, but I think a console command to restore some of the old functionality is a lot better than nothing at all. They've been wrong in the past and this is just one case of many where community outrage prompted a change in Blizzard's stance on something. I simply dislike the commonly purported notion that no matter what they're wrong, or that they're doing things to spite us.
    I agree. People will complain about anything. Someone started a thread yesterday moaning that a loading screen says "Thanks for playing World of Warcraft - You rock!" Frankly that kind of stuff gets on my tits too. Also seeing a hundred threads where everybody bemoans the loss of *their* favourite spell as if the world is ending. (RIP leap of faith / guise / whatever) - you know them.

The bottom line is theres too much noise and not enough signal. This sort of makes it hard to hear legitimate messages. And on that note, who gets to decide what legitimate is? I cared deeply about the zoom being reduced. I cared zero about flying. I shouldn't be so ready to dismiss anothers point because it matters little to me personally.

Bit of a meander but I get where you're coming from :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    who gets to decide what legitimate is? I cared deeply about the zoom being reduced. I cared zero about flying. I shouldn't be so ready to dismiss anothers point because it matters little to me personally.
    Well said. If only more people subscribed to that philosophy.