Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ehhh Dark Souls 1 mass slaughtered anyone who even TRIED to play it by unleashing max level character to kill them. Devs di alot if weird shit to prevent early release stuff
    Which is fair game and if NMS wanted to do something cool like this should have thought it through.

Instead, when what everyone knew was going to happen happens they're stuck looking like idiots and want to punish people for something that happens to every game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Lol shut the fuck up. What I described is exactly what happens in the footage, and it was a rather bland explanation without a hint of affectation. A completely different experience?! You're fucking delusional.

I highly doubt the animals interact the same way they did in the trailer.
    There is nothing special about animal interaction in that trailer. No animal is eating another, they're all walking about on their own pathing. You have a wild imagination, in fact I think that's where the hype from this game comes from- people's imaginations because it always looked like an incredibly shallow experience to me from trailers to leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Hey, someone ate cat food on video for his statement "If best buy sells it at MSRP I'll eat cat food". And so he eats his own word, or cat food in this case. You never know!
    Good luck as in good luck finding it. I guarantee it was scripted footage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Yeah...this is some good music. Suitably symphonic and psychedlic.

its funny hearing people say that the twitch videos or other videos coming out of gameplay probably got an incomplete copy.. or that day 1 patch could be some huge game-changing patch other than being just some minor stuff. i work at walmart and we've had NMS in the backroom for weeks so i seriously doubt people are playing incomplete games. i myself am waiting on reviews before deciding if ill buy it or not.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    its funny hearing people say that the twitch videos or other videos coming out of gameplay probably got an incomplete copy.. or that day 1 patch could be some huge game-changing patch other than being just some minor stuff. i work at walmart and we've had NMS in the backroom for weeks so i seriously doubt people are playing incomplete games. i myself am waiting on reviews before deciding if ill buy it or not.
    You're smart for not preordering. I am pretty psyched to play this game, but I don't support preordering.

However, I think we all know that boxed copies of a game with s disc mean almost nothing nowadays. You can buy a game on day one and have to install gigs worth of patches. That is not uncommon. Even for primarily single player games, nearly everything is digital, and games on discs are an outdated thing which will likely completely disappear in the next few years (I'm guessing)

Quote Originally Posted by HeartoftheSunrise View Post
    You're smart for not preordering. I am pretty psyched to play this game, but I don't support preordering.

However, I think we all know that boxed copies of a game with s disc mean almost nothing nowadays. You can buy a game on day one and have to install gigs worth of patches. That is not uncommon. Even for primarily single player games, nearly everything is digital, and games on discs are an outdated thing which will likely completely disappear in the next few years (I'm guessing)
    Day 1 patches that are literally "gigs" are the exception not the rule. This isn't PC gaming, this is console gaming. The vast majority of the time their is a complete game shipped on a retail console disc, only missing bug fixes from later patches.

Also good luck with your prediction that retail discs are going to disappear any time soon when they still make up the majority of the market for console gaming. If it was viable to go digital only AAA publishers would be doing it for larger cuts on sales, they don't however as they still sell millions upon millions at retail.

Remember kids, never preorder. Developers and gaming companies are selling you a product whenever they show trailers and talk about how amazing their game is. I don't believe No Man's Sky is going to be a good game. It might be a passable game, but nothing I've seen has warranted any thoughts about purchasing it. I'll wait until unbiased, non-shill reviews come in as always.

Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, Fallout 4, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Evolve, Battlefield Hardline, and the list goes on and on. So many games that simply didn't live up to their hype.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

I think you all spend too much time trying to justify why you should or shouldn't buy a game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear all this preorder back and forth and I'm reminded of other games where the same "incomplete" was claimed about prelaunch leaks. Not recalling any where that panned out but, meh... I learned my lesson with preorders and there is only one or two studios that I'll even consider it with anymore. So its no cash out of my wallet.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Man, the more I've been watching this the more I'm feeling bummed out. From what I've seen so far I just don't think this is worth paying full price for, at all. There is no sense of exploration when the planet looks the same all over and there is nothing interesting to discover, and when every space station looks exactly the same inside, and the station NPCs seem to have about 4 different variations all wearing the same outfit. I saw a guy enter a black hole and it warped him to another region and the first planet he landed on had the same donut-shaped rocks in the ground and the same buildings on it.

Gameplay breakdown:

70% - mining/looking for the right rocks to mine for your upgrades
    15% - in the menus upgrading ship and gear/inventory management
    5% - flying between planet and station to trade
    5% - flying between stars/solar systems
    5% - shooting occasional asteroids/sentinels

That is it. That is what the gameplay consists of. I'm not a 'hater' desperate to crap on the game, I really wanted this to be cool. But the streams don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Man, the more I've been watching this the more I'm feeling bummed out. From what I've seen so far I just don't think this is worth paying full price for, at all. There is no sense of exploration when the planet looks the same all over and there is nothing interesting to discover, and when every space station looks exactly the same inside, and the station NPCs seem to have about 4 different variations all wearing the same outfit. I saw a guy enter a black hole and it warped him to another region and the first planet he landed on had the same donut-shaped rocks in the ground and the same buildings on it.

Gameplay breakdown:

70% - mining/looking for the right rocks to mine for your upgrades
    15% - in the menus upgrading ship and gear/inventory management
    5% - flying between planet and station to trade
    5% - flying between stars/solar systems
    5% - shooting occasional asteroids/sentinels

That is it. That is what the gameplay consists of. I'm not a 'hater' desperate to crap on the game, I really wanted this to be cool. But the streams don't lie.
    And that was all that was advertised of the game. People thinking it would be something more is their own fault. I'm probably going to wait til xmas when it's for it's inevitable discount
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think you all spend too much time trying to justify why you should or shouldn't buy a game...
    Pretty much. It's not a huge, life changing investment.

I think this'll be a great time after some dlc and patches are added and it comes up on a steam sale personally.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    And that was all that was advertised of the game. People thinking it would be something more is their own fault. I'm probably going to wait til xmas when it's for it's inevitable discount
    The mechanics and concept were advertised, yeah. But the execution is lacking.

Anyway, Sean Murray just released the day one patch notes, some of which address my concerns: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Some cool stuff in there

I'm not super excited about this game but I am curious so I plan to just rent it for now to see if it's any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, that certainly would make for a changed game. Will be interesting to see it in practice though. A bit more than bug fixes :P

Edit:
    Next up we’re adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters.
    Actual quote from the article. Wonder if they'll have to wipe progress to add in the space freighters (or rather make it so you have to restart to get them).
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-08-07 at 05:05 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The mechanics and concept were advertised, yeah. But the execution is lacking.

Anyway, Sean Murray just released the day one patch notes, some of which address my concerns: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Some cool stuff in there
    The game sure seems open for improvements as time goes on. Feels like Hello Games will continue to pour their souls into making it even better over the following months (or perhaps years? that'd be great)

Now, if only next week wasn't scheduled to be hell at work, I'd be a lot more excited right now :-C
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Well then, that certainly would make for a changed game. Will be interesting to see it in practice though. A bit more than bug fixes :P

Edit:

Actual quote from the article. Wonder if they'll have to wipe progress to add in the space freighters (or rather make it so you have to restart to get them).
    I have a feeling it's a one-time thing to deal with all the pre-launch copies that went out.

Looks like some pretty good changes. I'm even more excited now.

loads of ppl hating on the game(not just this but most games that come out these days), the game is just being released so its gonna have issues with content and such things, it takes time for a game to grow and adapt to what the devs want and to what the players want.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen