Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    ahaha this is ridiculous
    Ooh so when its about halfnaked women with good bodies Djalil is willing to do a 180 xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Ooh so when its about halfnaked women with good bodies Djalil is willing to do a 180 xD
    Ahah what I really meant is the one in the bikini is ridiculous. The fully dressed one is appropriate.

Let's see who's the first idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    "Hey, what is that light?"
    "It's the government burning money that could've been used to help the people"

http://media.dumpert.nl/foto/d078708...AA66U_.jpg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Women's volleyball between the US and the Netherlands was a good watch

russian fencing final, nice! that semifinal against Manon Brunet from France was something, i thought my heart would explode

10+ Year Old Account
    Brazil upset by Austria in men's beach volleyball

Pretty sure I have the right thread this time

Post from reddit:

Transportation in rio has been a pleasent surprise.

I'm writing this in Rio onboard an express bus to the equestrian cross-country, which is way the hell out of town. I've been sort of dreading the ordeal of finding my way to this distant venue. Inagine my surprise when I encounter:

abundant and very clear signs about how to get everywhere. Every single public transit stop has a giant placard about how to get to every single possible Olympic location.

lots and lots of Brazilian staffers, and more signs, positioned on every possible corner where one might go astray. Like this friendly trio that I just passed

They somehow managed to get the new subway line, the critical Line 4 that connects the Olympic Park to downtown, open in time, against all predictions. I am staying right near one of its stations and when I arrived a few days ago the security guard there told me it had opened literally the day before. (The stations aren't even in Google Maps yet.) The entire subway line is gorgeous, clean and has been running flawlessly (and all the cars and especially the escalators have the new-car smell, it's funny!) Also, for the duration of the Olympics you have to show an Olympics ticket to even enter the subway station, and the security guys are being very diligent, which means it's very safe inside.

Ton of staffers. I'm now out of the bus standing on a corner and near me just on this 1 corner are: a giant sign pointing the way, 2 people directing the crowd, FIVE heavily armed army guys for security (these guys have been everywhere and they've all been polite - these ones are cracking jokes), 2 other security guys, and a trash collector who's checking the 3 prominently marked trash cans and seems to be hoping someone will drop a piece of litter just so he can pick it up.

I was kind of stunned today at how smoothly the new express buses are running. To get to the horse/canoe/mt-bike place you have to take a bus from the subway. I was part of a FLOOD of people pouring out of the subway station and there was a seamless line of dozens and dozens of new clean buses. Bus at the front loads up, w polite staffers directing pods of people to each bus door, first bus loads up all smoothly and pulls away, next bus rolls up, whole line of buses moves up 1 position, process repeats. The buses are new and air conditioned and turn out to have dedicated street lanes.

Security lines have been fast (by which I mean: moving steadily, about 20 min, slightly shorter than in London 2012), professionally run and staffers unfailingly polite.

... and while writing this, suddenly we arrived at Deodoro way earlier than I'd expected. I left my house at 7:30 thinking it would definitely take 2 hrs if not 3 hrs (I'm living in the worst place to get to Deodoro and knew it would involve: walk, subway, bus, 2nd bus, walk), and it's barely 9 and I'm here already and the equestrian cross-country doesn't even start till 10!

I know Rio pretty well and the second I heard they landed the Olympics, I thought, "Don't know how this will go, but one thing this city does know how to do is move massive numbers of people around." (because of Carnaval - 3 wks every year of hundreds of parades, some of which draw crowds of a million plus, and involve complex street routes of dozens of slow-moving floats being staged from warehouses here and there, and each parade is in a different location and shuts down different streets). But I wasn't sure if they could pull off building the infrastructure and extending that Carnaval people-moving experience to more distant sites. I don't know if I've just been lucky, but so far so good.

https://m.reddit.com/r/olympics/comm...sant_surprise/

Deleted
    Turns out Brazil isn't that hellhole people were saying... Maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Turns out Brazil isn't that hellhole people were saying... Maybe?
    I dare you to set 3 foots in the slums there and say that again.

Isnt that entire country in a financial crisis atm?

Deleted

Well can't really take the worst the country has to offer as a standard. Otherwise we're all living in shitholes.
    Yes, political and economic turmoil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Louis Smith fell off the horse, literally, and the men's team missed out on bronze because of it.

So in your country every place you go is safe? Sorry but even first world country have problems with violence too. I know it can shock but only 6% of brazilian population lives in favelas.

And tell me one country right now thats not in some form of financial or political crises at this moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Fuck Louis Smith fell off the horse, literally, and the men's team missed out on bronze because of it.
    No, they would still have been short of China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    No, they would still have been short of China.
    Checked the scores again after and you're right. He'd have to better his London score and that's almost impossible.

Why did Ukraine's wrestling team throw their final?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whee Murray Plummer 1 3 in 100m backstroke

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Sure, because the whole country is a favela in the middle of the jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    And King with the gold in 100 breaststroke. Take that dirty Efimova *wags finger*

That was a fun sub plot to follow.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    And with those 2 gold, 1 silver and 3 bronzes from nights Swimming events the US is back on top
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I've never been a big fan of medal counts because you have sports like swimming where there are so many events with just slight differences that the same athletes could compete it.

Compare that to say beach volleyball where it's just that 1 event.

- - - Updated - - -

If Phelps played volleyball and was just as dominant, he'd have what? 3 total medals?