Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    $400 for a sip of coffee or some water? fuck outta here. Never heard of these clowns but I assure you this isn't going to pass. Pretty much every morning commuter here has a thermos or cup of coffee in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's distracted driving and taking your hands off the wheel. You may not impair your mind because of it, but you certainly impair your driving.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    im pretty sure its not against the law here to eat / drink while driving, but obviously you will still get pulled over for careless / dangerous driving if the food / drink is distracting you.

when i drive i dont eat or drink anything other than some mints i keep in the door shelf thing, so i wouldnt really care if it was illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Self driving vehicles being mandatory can't come soon enough.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    You've also said you're one cup of coffee away from being a public menace. "I can't be trusted to operate a ton of fast-moving steel unless I'm allowed to drug myself while I do it" isn't a valid argument for blocking a ban on drinking behind the wheel. I'm not the one saying you're a potentially dangerous driver; you are. I'm just pointing out that a more rational response to the threat you made was to revoke your driving privileges, rather than to forego passing the ban.
    I don't drink coffee, I was speaking rhetorically. It's a proven fact that more accidents happen on Monday and when people are more tired and accidents also spike when we move the clocks ahead and people lose sleep. You fuck with people's coffee and bad things will happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I don't drink coffee, I was speaking rhetorically. It's a proven fact that more accidents happen on Monday and when people are more tired and accidents also spike when we move the clocks ahead and people lose sleep. You fuck with people's coffee and bad things will happen.
    i think we should just ban coffee, get rid of that disgusting beverage for ever

eating I can understand but drinking, no, if you can't sip a straw and drive you shouldn't be driving. Id rather someone drink coffee and stay alert then fall asleep driving

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    eating I can understand but drinking, no, if you can't sip a straw and drive you shouldn't be driving. Id rather someone drink coffee and stay alert then fall asleep driving
    if they are tired enough where coffee is the only thing keeping them awake, they shouldn't be driving at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    This is the most abelist thing I have ever read in my entire life.
    If that is the most ableist thing you've ever read in your life, then you must be a sheltered suburban tumblrina.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think we should just ban coffee, get rid of that disgusting beverage for ever
    Yes! Iced coffee too! Although I do occasionally enjoy a caramel macciato, but I don't even know if you can consider that to be coffee.

if they are tired enough where coffee is the only thing keeping them awake, they shouldn't be driving at all!!
    Staying awake and staying more alert is not always the same thing.

Deleted
    Staying awake and staying more alert is not always the same thing.
    the post i quoted said "fall asleep driving"

and still, if coffee is the only thing making you alert... shouldn't be driving imo

the post i quoted said "fall asleep driving"

and still, if coffee is the only thing making you alert... shouldn't be driving imo
    I 100% agree with you, but that's not how the real world works. Just like no one will obey this law, it's just an excuse to pull someone over and get money.

Deleted
    I 100% agree with you, but that's not how the real world works. Just like no one will obey this law, it's just an excuse to pull someone over and get money.

it will stop some people, but like banning mobiles, people will still do it, they will just try to do it secretly and panic when they see a police car. To get money here they prefer to place speed cameras all over the place, and make it impossible to park your car anywhere without getting a ticket

it will stop some people, but like banning mobiles, people will still do it, they will just try to do it secretly and panic when they see a police car. To get money here they prefer to place speed cameras all over the place, and make it impossible to park your car anywhere without getting a ticket
    Oh that would suck...Were I live, red lights seem to be a suggestion to people instead of the law, we could use more police presence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know plenty of bad drivers from NJ but daaaamn

Oh that would suck...Were I live, red lights seem to be a suggestion to people instead of the law, we could use more police presence.
    I once lived in a place where everyone stopped when the lights turned green, because that was when the other lane drove fastest to try and slip across at the last moment whereas driving while the lights were red was no problem since everyone else would be wary anyway. xD

(Police presence made no difference, in fact they made it worse they always used the one-way street in the other direction.)

What I want to know is who can't grab their travel mug or bottle of water while keeping their eyes on the road? The eating part is understandable, in some cases. Even if it gets passed it'll probably end up just like the seatbelt law. Meaning they'll give you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt when they already have you pulled over for something else. Personally, I've never been stopped by a cop for not wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Yes! Iced coffee too! Although I do occasionally enjoy a caramel macciato, but I don't even know if you can consider that to be coffee.
    I think we can safely rule that one out - it's more of a glucoccino.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PunisherV20 View Post
    What I want to know is who can't grab their travel mug or bottle of water while keeping their eyes on the road? The eating part is understandable, in some cases. Even if it gets passed it'll probably end up just like the seatbelt law. Meaning they'll give you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt when they already have you pulled over for something else. Personally, I've never been stopped by a cop for not wearing it.
    It's not being put in place because of the amount of accidents caused by distracted driving. There is no evidence of an increase at all. It is nothing more than a revenue increasing scheme.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.