Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Prediction: <Spoiler> is gonna become the Legion's Bolvar

Spoiler warning: Broken shore knowledge required.

I hereby predict that by the end of Legion, we'll get a deformed fel infused person either thrown at us to fight, or revealed to be in their captivity. That someone is Varian.
    Why do I think that? Well I'm glad you asked, you see, when I did the broken shores event back in alpha the curiosity ate at me for ages how Varian actually died, since no one knew, unlike vol'jin. So I started wondering "what if he's just assumed dead?" since those seem to be frequent in WoW. I had a few theories but after the cinematic finally being revealed this is the one i'm... at least 30, maybe even 35% sure about.
    There's a chance that explosion was around him instead of him actually exploding, caused by the fel energies transforming him to any variation of Fel-Varian you can think of, and Gul'dan got whispers in his ears from Kil'Jaeden to keep him, he could still provide useful because fan service plot twists are great.
    It's a long shot but after seeing Bolvar and saurfang jr get their asses fried by dragons and still make a return I think it's possible

It's my prediction and I'm gonna stick to it till the day I... get disproven i suppose by the last patch rolling around and next expansion being announced.

Ugh, maybe Vol'jin, but Varian literally exploded into pieces. I think he's dead dead.

Deleted
    Yeah pretty sure he is dead and gone

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Ugh, maybe Vol'jin, but Varian literally exploded into pieces.
    Or, as someone on another part of the forum put it, he's been disenchanted. Kinda difficult to come back from that

Varian is definitely dead. Vol'jin, maybe not.
    Cool as a cucumber.

Wouldnt mind killing him for a change, would be heartbreaking for anduin.

I considered that, looked like a fel varian model at the end, wouldnt say that makes him legions bolvar though.
    Vol'jin gets cremated, not only does he get a bs death, they burn him to ensure he never comes back.

My only hope is that Vol'jin becomes the loa of death and replaces bwonsamdi, only thing that could possible redeem voljin IMO, otherwise they designed an awesome looking character, begun the development for his story then just said fuck it and deleted the shit out of him. His short story suggested that he would be a great leader and all that, he did NOTHING.

So if they have to bring back one of those in some way, id prefer vol'jin, wont mind killing an alliance hero for a frikkin change, otherwise im not too bothered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    Varian is definitely dead. Vol'jin, maybe not.
    He gets BBQ'd bro

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    He gets BBQ'd bro
    He gets disenchanted into fel dust
    EDIT: I meant Varian, not Vol'jin
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    He gets BBQ'd bro
    I know. I watched it. Someone suggested he comes back as a Loa or something which I can see happening. I can also see them doing a cop out and saying that his body wasn't actually in the pyre and he comes back somehow.

We all know how Blizzard likes to bring back dead characters.
    Cool as a cucumber.

There must always be/*thunder*/... a guy that keeps opening portals for the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    Spoiler warning: Broken shore knowledge required.

I hereby predict that by the end of Legion, we'll get a deformed fel infused person either thrown at us to fight, or revealed to be in their captivity. That someone is Varian.
    Why do I think that? Well I'm glad you asked, you see, when I did the broken shores event back in alpha the curiosity ate at me for ages how Varian actually died, since no one knew, unlike vol'jin. So I started wondering "what if he's just assumed dead?" since those seem to be frequent in WoW. I had a few theories but after the cinematic finally being revealed this is the one i'm... at least 30, maybe even 35% sure about.
    There's a chance that explosion was around him instead of him actually exploding, caused by the fel energies transforming him to any variation of Fel-Varian you can think of, and Gul'dan got whispers in his ears from Kil'Jaeden to keep him, he could still provide useful because fan service plot twists are great.
    It's a long shot but after seeing Bolvar and saurfang jr get their asses fried by dragons and still make a return I think it's possible

It's my prediction and I'm gonna stick to it till the day I... get disproven i suppose by the last patch rolling around and next expansion being announced.
    varien exploded... there is no way hes going to be a bolvar....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I suggested that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There must always be/*thunder*/... a guy that keeps opening portals for the Legion.
    or he could be the legion gatekeeper to prevent the gates from opening again?

I think they exploded him on purpose. Pretty sure he's dead er than dead Rip LoGosh

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Vol'jin get burnt on a pyre..? Not much coming back from that either..

Varian died, but the question remains.. which one.

Pun intended.

I would say "okay maybe" to this theory if Varian just fel to the Fel Smoke (pun intended) but you clearly saw him explode, so why struggle? He's dead dead.

Why was he disenchanted, god forbid someone uses the good old decapitation these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why was he disenchanted, god forbid someone uses the good old decapitation these days.
    Kinda hard for frail Gul'Dan to decapitate someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Kinda hard for frail Gul'Dan to decapitate someone.
    You may have not noticed, but there were several burly demons around. In fact, one of them impaled Varian, hard to notice without blood.

In Anduin's comic, he says something like "I still remember you final words father" when he's old, and is looking at the letter from Varian. So, I doubt he's coming back.

I'll need to go rewatch the comic to confirm though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why assuming blizzard will repeat a plot device they already used?