Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So is this the thing that Blizzard said will shock you/be unexpected?

Sure we've only seen a small part of Legion or rather the prethingy.

But honestly I doubt very much we'll see anything "as surprising" as the pre-eventthingy. What are your thoughts?

Deleted
    Just PR talk. Just think of it this way: A lot of shit movies, (and I'm not saying I think the cutscenes are shit), or any other product, were talked about as if they are the greatest, most surprising thing to ever grace our planet before their release.

Everything other than the cutscenes was in the beta test so unless you've not seen what happens there, there's hardly anything surprising to it.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2016-08-11 at 08:05 AM.

Good hype to drum everything up .. but in the end a return to Legacy would catch my fancy more.

As for events, nothing beats the TBC expansion. It even had it's own island, which was nearly impossible to get to, yet possible via combo spells / abilities .. stuff that made you think .. Otherwise, TBC was a social event. Legion excursions are solo.. horray. Whoopie!

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Good hype to drum everything up .. but in the end a return to Legacy would catch my fancy more.

As for events, nothing beats the TBC expansion. It even had it's own island, which was nearly impossible to get to, yet possible via combo spells / abilities .. stuff that made you think .. Otherwise, TBC was a social event. Legion excursions are solo.. horray. Whoopie!
    What island is that? I've played TBC and I practically lived in it (every waking minute) but never heard of a mysterious island. It is not Pen Island by chance?

15+ Year Old Account
    No idea what they were ever referencing when they claimed that had something huge that we havent seen yet. Kind of forgot they ever said it until now, which turned out to be a good thing.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    last time they said that, was on SoO where they said the warchief will be someone you wont expect, everyone and their grandmothers knew it was Vol'jin

and ta dah, it was him!

It's but a setback.

Blizzard is slightly disconnected, what they think is brand new and exciting, we've already done in other games 3 years ago.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Oh it wasn't surprising to you when you have been reading spoilers and datamined info on MMO-C for the past 6 months? Gee I wonder why.

Deleted
    I think what they are talking about involve illidan /nod

So is also Fordring gone for good too?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    I think that unexpected thingy is connected with the island that will be shipped with the first patch.
    But I also have to admit that making Illidan a champion of the light was also shocking and unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreWrong View Post
    Oh it wasn't surprising to you when you have been reading spoilers and datamined info on MMO-C for the past 6 months? Gee I wonder why.
    I've been shocked by zero data mined spoilers since announcement.

Only thing they could do to shock me, is actually do something new.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Don't visit this page ever, don't watch wow content on wow, and just stick with the official information they release and talk about on presentations. Then you would have a chance of getting surprised. Before the rumors started flowing on mmo-champ, I was certain that Varian would be the green jesus of this expansion. Obviously, that turned out to be false. But if I had stayed away, I would have been pretty shocked doing the pre-legion scenario.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's difficult to be shocked by something when you effectively read the script before it even happens.

To players who don't stalk the forums and read datamined info/play the beta, Varian, Tirion and Vol'jin's death might very well have come as a surprise.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Sure we've only seen a small part of Legion or rather the prethingy.

But honestly I doubt very much we'll see anything "as surprising" as the pre-eventthingy. What are your thoughts?
    What part of the pre-event, do you find surprising? Except how quickly the invasions get old....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's difficult to be shocked by something when you effectively read the script before it even happens.

To players who don't stalk the forums and read datamined info/play the beta, Varian, Tirion and Vol'jin's death might very well have come as a surprise.
    Indeed, we've had a couple in our guild who knew nothing about it - they play the game without visiting forums and WoW websites - they were pretty shocked.

It's easy to be jaded when you're a regular to certain forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

Literally every single time you post its got to bring legacy into it. No one cares.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything they do is shocking and totally unexpected.

Problem is that now a days we have all this forums and site (which are great, don´t take me wrong), those sites pretty much spoil it thousand times before it happens.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Think we got something big coming for us in the content patches to lead up to whatever comes next, this wasn't at all surprising. News about Varian came pretty much before the alpha started.