Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    So... political failures happen because of lack of military success? What matters is the ultimate outcome and not some arbitrarily defined subset of conflict?
    Sigh.... You are intentionally ignoring what I have been saying.
    You can win politically and lose militarily and you can win militarily and lose politically, and either can lead to grand strategic victory or defeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I always wondered why is it that when you talk to patriotic (like almost any) Americans about USA their responses almost always shift into Orwellian territory.
    Because it is the only territory Russians understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    His political failures were the direct consequences of his military failures.
    You can win politically and lose militarily and you can win militarily and lose politically, and either can lead to grand strategic victory or defeat.
    So... are you saying political and military means are disconnected or not? You appear to be contradicting yourself.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2016-08-12 at 05:58 AM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

this is called "saber rattling". they would never start a war with us because we make them too much money.

Deleted
    Anyone opposing American patrioism is Russian, now?

I laughed, really

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    this is called "saber rattling". they would never start a war with us because we make them too much money.
    Pretty much this. Why fight with someone you have in your pocket? It's economical suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... are you saying political and military means are disconnected or not? You appear to be contradicting yourself.
    They are and they are not. I cannot help that you are seemingly incapable of grasping what I have been saying. I will give you a hint though, the first quote and the second quote are not related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Anyone opposing American patrioism is Russian, now?

I laughed, really

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this. Why fight with someone you have in your pocket? It's economical suicide.
    Sorry that subtlety is beyond you....

10+ Year Old Account
    They are and they are not. I cannot help that you are seemingly incapable of grasping what I have been saying. I will give you a hint though, the first quote and the second quote are not related.
    You're a sock-puppet account with multiple users? (Now that you mention it, that would explain a lot....)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Sorry that subtlety is beyond you....
    And what exactly, is subtle about your condescending nature?

Do you percieve yourself as "Sneaky", by virtue of talking tons of War history/Giving snide response to having your post about Patriotism confronted?

If you are offended, just say that. Don't try to paint it out as if you are "Subtle". You are perhaps fooling yourself, in a best case scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a sock-puppet account with multiple users? (Now that you mention it, that would explain a lot....)
    No, just one person with complex thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    And what exactly, is subtle about your condescending nature?

Do you percieve yourself as "Sneaky", by virtue of talking tons of War history/Giving snide response to having your post about Patriotism confronted?

If you are offended, just say that. Don't try to paint it out as if you are "Subtle". You are perhaps fooling yourself, in a best case scenario.
    I am hardly offended by feeble minds. And if you cannot tell what was the subtle jab, well, I am not surprised.

I don't know how many actual Russians frequent MMO-C, but it's certainly not enough to justify the quantity of militaristic chest thumping posted here that is ostensibly directed toward them.

Deleted
    I think they are perfectly capable to defend their own turf, though they would naturally never win a "real" war with the US.

The only thing that is worrisome is their capability to possibly be able to disable the US fleet(s) and carriers through their systems.

US and China are best friends. There won't be war.

Japan and SEA countries just think too much...