Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Your opinion which is clearly not based on facts or knowledge.
    While things can vary a great deal couple to couple, in general, decisions with ideally lifelong benefits and consequences are not the sort to be taken lightly. I married prior to the age of 30, and I don't regret that decision, but my hand was largely forced by immigration law. If I had not had that external push to marry my then girlfriend or have our relationship over a distance of 2500 miles, I likely would not have proposed until into my 30s, because a decision that impacts the remainder of your life significantly is not one to take lightly.

Deleted
    Similarly, men in their late twenties had the highest divorce rate in 2011 with 21.9 males divorcing per thousand married men aged 25 to 29. This continues the recent trend where men aged 25 to 29 had the highest divorce rate between 2006 and 2008; rates for men aged 25 to 29 and 30 to 34 were equal highest in 2009, and in 2010 rates for men aged 30 to 34 were highest. Over the last two decades, the divorce rate for men has been highest for those aged either 25 to 29 or 30 to 34.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulati...age-at-divorce

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Well...I would say come on over to NJ! But I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemies. But generally, I find all these people at events. Geeky Conventions are an incredible place to meet like minded folks who are just out to have fun and well, be geeky.

My roommates I met in such a way. 1 is a little younger than I (he is 31) but is not married and does not have children. The other is 45, she does have a kid, but he was raised by his grand mother (long story) so she isn't really responsible for him. She is married, but separated.

All in all, no kid drama, no marriage drama.
    I was actually about to ask, "New Jersey... really?" and then read that bit.

Sometimes I do think that a lot of my frustrations and inadequacies stem from being born and raised within a region that I find myself less and less compatible with. Texas may have to be put into my rearview mirror if I ever want to find where I feel like I "belong" - if that's even possible; though my family would simply argue that I am looking to run away from my problems.

I don't mind married couple. I even can really like kids. I just feel like, at least where I am at, I am surrounded by these busy-body people who can't sit still long enough to have fun with. I go over to a baby cousin's birthday party and there is dozens of people I've never met. It's like, "Who are these people?!" They're all obsessed with sports of all things. SUPER FUN. Let's spend the day watching that shit. I just get drunk. They still think gaming is nerdy and time consuming which is ironic as all hell.

Then they're all worried about values and tradition while not bothering to put any real effort into keeping up with politics and simultaneously raising a bunch of brats because their precious angels are just too darling to properly discipline.

If I had kids, I'd be like a drill sergeant that sometimes gave you ice scream. Scary as fuck but you'd always know that I was still on your side at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I apologize I meant under 40

- - - Updated - - -

Many doesn't = most, I know more happy unmarried couples but that doesn't really mean jack
    Funny. Michelle Obama married before 30 and she's doing ok. Guess you're really off on your blanket advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny. Michelle Obama married before 30 and she's doing ok. Guess you're really off on your blanket advice.
    No 1 model fits the entirety of humanity. Which is what we are trying to tell you. Not everyone will be happy living in 1 expected way. Some get married at 18, have a house and kids by 20, and live happily to the day they die. Some will get married at 18, have kids by 20, and be divorced by 27 (my parents). Not everyone is the fit for the same life style as the others.

So tell people that they cannot be happy unless they are married, is complete and utter bullshit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    No 1 model fits the entirety of humanity. Which is what we are trying to tell you. Not everyone will be happy living in 1 expected way. Some get married at 18, have a house and kids by 20, and live happily to the day they die. Some will get married at 18, have kids by 20, and be divorced by 27 (my parents). Not everyone is the fit for the same life style as the others.

So tell people that they cannot be happy unless they are married, is complete and utter bullshit.
    I never said that. He claimed how nobody should be married before 30. Clearly not the case as we have more than enough examples of successful marriages in their 20s.

I never said that. He claimed how nobody should be married before 30. Clearly not the case as we have more than enough examples of successful marriages in their 20s.
    Making an early life marriage work is not a sign that waiting for more wisdom and temperance would not have yielded better results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants to be a grumpy old man with no family or joy in their life?
    Mhm. If you aren't married, you will be a grumpy old man, or have no joy in their life is what you said.

Most of the following discussion is stemmed from this sort of view you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I was actually about to ask, "New Jersey... really?" and then read that bit.

Sometimes I do think that a lot of my frustrations and inadequacies stem from being born and raised within a region that I find myself less and less compatible with. Texas may have to be put into my rearview mirror if I ever want to find where I feel like I "belong" - if that's even possible; though my family would simply argue that I am looking to run away from my problems.

I don't mind married couple. I even can really like kids. I just feel like, at least where I am at, I am surrounded by these busy-body people who can't sit still long enough to have fun with. I go over to a baby cousin's birthday party and there is dozens of people I've never met. It's like, "Who are these people?!" They're all obsessed with sports of all things. SUPER FUN. Let's spend the day watching that shit. I just get drunk. They still think gaming is nerdy and time consuming which is ironic as all hell.

Then they're all worried about values and tradition while not bothering to put any real effort into keeping up with politics and simultaneously raising a bunch of brats because their precious angels are just too darling to properly discipline.

If I had kids, I'd be like a drill sergeant that sometimes gave you ice scream. Scary as fuck but you'd always know that I was still on your side at the end of the day.
    The example of NJ is referring mostly to a densely populated area. You just have more diversity in densely populated areas. In more rural areas, you will find less variations in life styles. If you have a City near by, you could either move closer to it to find more like minded folks, or you can just visit it more often. Might be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Making an early life marriage work is not a sign that waiting for more wisdom and temperance would not have yielded better results.
    Yeah right. Waiting till there's a less chance for the kids to be healthy is foolish.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think that Earlier marriage is actually a slightly better idea, but it has some drawbacks in the modern world. Namely that statistically your 20's are spent working your ass off to get ahead or try to accumulate wealth. Meaning you really just aren't going to be AROUND during those married years. More over both parties have to work a lot just to make the nuclear family model work, and that is ungodly stressful and likely to dissolve a marriage quickly as people seek idle pleasures (Be it drugs or cheating or whatever) and really can't find comfort in their partner.

A lot of divorces happen due to MONEY concerns or just simply one partner is never around and thus loneliness.

That is why I think young people should ditch the "Get my own home," model of our parents that lead them to disaster and instead just have roommates for the rest of our lives and work in groups. Splitting the burden of childcare, house payments bills ect, and meaning each individual can work less, have less stress and just have cheaper alternatives to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yeah right. Waiting till there's a less chance for the kids to be healthy is foolish.
    How risky do you feel pregnancy is for a 30 year old woman in 2016?

Isn't this the same institute that tells people that accepting your kid is gay is a form of child abuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    How risky do you feel pregnancy is for a 30 year old woman in 2016?
    Right so you think the sec someone turns 30 they just click their fingers and they're married? Get real.

Mhm. If you aren't married, you will be a grumpy old man, or have no joy in their life is what you said.

Most of the following discussion is stemmed from this sort of view you have.

- - - Updated - - -

The example of NJ is referring mostly to a densely populated area. You just have more diversity in densely populated areas. In more rural areas, you will find less variations in life styles. If you have a City near by, you could either move closer to it to find more like minded folks, or you can just visit it more often. Might be helpful.
    One day, if I ever get my life sorted out. I definitely wouldn't mind living in downtown Ft. Worth. Maybe get an apartment near the museum. It's not as expensive as I would've thought and I've spent my whole life living with other people. So having to keep the volume down, wear headsets and such, doesn't bother me at all. Especially if I can have a nice place with a pleasant view.

Deleted
    You do know how statistics work right? Statistically it shows a high % divorcing before 40, that's a good indication that perhaps waiting is better, especially in 2016 were a lot of people aren't even self efficient by 25 unlike 50 years ago when most were living from home with a job by 18. As for your healthy children argument that's BS on 2 accounts; 1. Medical professionals only consider having children over 40 risky. 2. You can have kids before marriage

Right so you think the sec someone turns 30 they just click their fingers and they're married? Get real.
    And now you've literally argued my point for me. Marriage deserves careful deliberation because marrying the wrong person is one of those major life mistakes that it is heard to ever recover from. Taking time to consider it, by waiting until you are older, more mature, and more certain of your direction, is wisdom.

Deleted
    If they're already in a long lasting relationship yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    One day, if I ever get my life sorted out. I definitely wouldn't mind living in downtown Ft. Worth. Maybe get an apartment near the museum. It's not as expensive as I would've thought and I've spent my whole life living with other people. So having to keep the volume down, wear headsets and such, doesn't bother me at all. Especially if I can have a nice place with a pleasant view.
    That sounds delightful. Especially being near a museum!

Delaying to avoid a marriage with a poor chance of success sure. Delaying due to laziness and lack of urgency can come back to hurt you later on. Nobody wants to be the lonely 50-60 year old man when all their friends and family have kids and grandkids.
    You can have kids without being married. Not everyone is stuck in the past century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If they're already in a long lasting relationship yes
    Garbage logic. So even if they're ready at 26 they should just beat around the bush for 4 years because you say so.
    What's your qualifications?