Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best gaming headset right now? moderate price

Hi MMO'ers,

So I'm looking for the best gaming headset for around $100-$120. Are there any good candidates that people have experience with? I prefer surround sound also, helps in FPS games.

Kingston HyperX Cloud II. Essentially fixes all the shortcoming of the first edition, which was great itself (using one right now).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the HyperX Cloud Revolver, and I absolutely love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I'm using the HyperX Cloud Revolver, and I absolutely love it
    Overpriced for no reason, literally for the looks.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Overpriced for no reason, literally for the looks.
    Congratulations on contradicting yourself in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Congratulations on contradicting yourself in one sentence.
    Thanks, although I meant that it looks worse than the original.

Sennheiser 363D everything else is a waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, although I meant that it looks worse than the original.

It's more comfortable for my giant mongoloid head. The suspension feels better that the normal headbands

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Sennheiser 363D everything else is a waste of money.
    A bit expensive, but worth it. A great headset! Great sound, and I can wear them for hours without discomfort.
    Amazon Link
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    my uncle works for a big music company (EMI) in a very high position. he knows everything about "sound"...
    do not buy a speacial gaming headset! buy a headset an a microphone. gameing headsets are overpriced crap mostley.

Kingston HyperX Cloud II.
    Seconded. I used to be a huge proponent of headphones + mic, but about a year ago I decided I didn't want to deal with that hassle anymore and bought the Cloud II, they are wonderful.

It's true that you get better sound quality, etc for your money if you buy headphones + a microphone, but I contend that 95% of people won't notice a huge different between a $100 headset and a $100 headphone + mic combo in 2016, headset quality has come a good way.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2016-08-18 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    It's true that you get better sound quality, etc for your money if you buy headphones + a microphone, but I contend that 95% of people won't notice a huge different between a $100 headset and a $100 headphone + mic combo in 2016, headset quality has come a good way.
    You will notice if you have a good dedicated soundcard, which is not an option/not needed for most people.

You will notice if you have a good dedicated soundcard, which is not an option/not needed for most people.
    True - I don't particularly care about high-quality audio, so I've never bothered with a dedicated soundcard. And I agree 100% that for most people it's unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    my uncle works for a big music company (EMI) in a very high position. he knows everything about "sound"...
    do not buy a speacial gaming headset! buy a headset an a microphone. gameing headsets are overpriced crap mostley.
    My uncle is the head of Sony Music Entertainment and he will beat your uncle!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like my Hyper X Cloud. Great sound quality. Only issue I have is that they are noise cancelling and I am told that I am being too loud at times because I can't hear myself and I don't know how loud I'm being.

HyperX Cloud, I swear by it. Cost me about £60? and it's better than my old Sennheiser headset which was £180.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I have blown hundreds of euros on flashy headset of all the big names and one thing common to all of them is that their products dont last for shit. Plastic wores out quickly, cords if they have them deteriorate, ear pads all fucked up etc.
    I've had the same experience... I've used a lot of money on fancy gaming headsets that just ended up breaking somehow.

I got a Sennheiser GAME ONE a little while back, and I love it. Feels super comfortable too, especially compared to the Logitech G933 that I used before. Kinda miss being able to walk around with my headset on, but oh well.

Deleted
    Been using the Corsair H1500 for a while now, good quality and comfortable, can get them for about £40 now I think?

Edit: Derp, the £40 price was a refurb. Maybe not in the 'moderate' range new
    Last edited by mmoc8ffb480d24; 2016-08-18 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    Kingston HyperX Cloud. Been using mine for almost two years. Not a single problem with them, sturdy construction and they sound fantastic. The mic is not that good but still sufficient for basic teamspeak / skype usage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    My uncle is the head of Sony Music Entertainment and he will beat your uncle!
    but does your uncle say, get a razer headset? or buy a bang and olufsen one?